Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

One tip is I’d really recommend switching to control type B since it’s easier to target in the late game with the left stick since you can just stall for time with continuous spins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

tithin posted:

Need to find out how to setup t spin doubles

Yeah, learning tspin setups seem like it’ll be important if you want to consistently win at high level.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Will try this today and report. I always forget about this mechanic even though I know Tetris games have had it for ages.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Elman posted:

Tetris 99 is the first Nintendo Online feature worth paying for.

Online NES games are cool too but, yeah, this is the first killer app. I love this game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Coxswain Balls posted:

I did the tape mod on my pro controller which worked well for Puyo Tetris in the office, but misdrops are 100% what keeps screwing me over in top ten. Is there a better fix for that yet, or is there a different controller that's preferred for high-level Tetris? The joycons with separated buttons is obviously ideal for avoiding accidental hard drops, but the reason I bought a pro controller in the first place was because the face button placement on the right side was giving me tendonitis when playing Puyo Tetris. :(

You’d probably be better of playing with separated joycons with the right one positioned in more of a way to not cause you pain. I’ve seen some players play Tetris 99 with the right joycon in the left hand and the left joycon in the right hand. Maybe try that as well.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Did any of you win the eshop credit? I’m curious what the lower threshold was.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pharohman777 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZCy_vpaYJM

So a new strategy has appeared where high-level players can take advantage of the KO auto targeting option other players use and the attackers setting to slaughter almost up to half the players in a round.

I wonder if he’s using a pro controller with a modded dpad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

sensitivity option for hard dropping, apparently to deal with the issues of the pro controller's crap dpad.

That’s cool and I can’t wait to try it. I was playing joycons in grip, just for this game, because of the dpad issues.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That reminds me; am I the only one who, for the most part, is fine with the joycons in the joycon holder? Granted, I don't have any other controllers available to me yet, probably going to pick up an 8bitdo SNES30 Pro when the one with the grips is released, but for now, it's just two joycons, and I actually find it fairly comfortable for mostly everything to play with the joycons in the holder/shell.

It’s fine for me and was my primary way of playing docked until just like a month ago. I only got a pro because it was heavily discounted and I could also use it as a pc controller.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nice to know that not getting first counts. I’m gonna play a lot this time and hopefully win.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The new low sensitivity hard drop option is nice but the pro controller dpad is still pretty inadequate for faster gameplay.

Is there any reason to ever target badges? My typical strategy is to keep it on KOs and switch to attacker when I’m being targeted by more than 2 players at once.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Took my second first place win tonight and earned the theme in one match. I love it and will be using it a lot.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’d win more often if I didn’t start to choke when in the top 10 and make stupid mistakes.:bang:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A Tetris DS theme would be pretty cool.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love Splatoon but don’t really care for this skin. I don’t think I’ll be using it as much as the Game Boy one.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

NofrikinfuN posted:

I dig the music in both Splatoons! I also like both themes. Maybe I'm just easy to please?

Same. They both have mostly good music.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

This is a great update. Adding missions and unlockables will keep me playing a lot more. Invictus is fun. I got second yesterday.:bang:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Edit: I’m wrong. I still like the Zelda theme though. I like how it shows the grave icons for defeated players and I like the Death Mountain remix when it’s the final 10.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 9, 2019

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The normal mode feels like slow motion after playing a lot of Invictus.:eyepop:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Minidust posted:

Has anyone said whether the Maximus Cups will repeat (or if the themes will be available though other means)? I didn't own a Switch until the third event and the first two themes both sound amazing :(

They'll probably return someday and be purchasable with tickets. I'd be surprised otherwise.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love the Mario theme. I love the kick rear end castle theme when it gets to the last 10.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendovs/status/1173763498939211776?s=21

Next tournament announced. Kirby theme prize.:)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Huh I hadn't seen "free-to-start" before, I guess that's a step for honesty.

The game is pretty generous about handing out its paid currency. I haven’t been playing it a ton but haven’t run out yet.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I feel like my lazy tactic of setting target to KO and only occasionally switching to attackers when I’m being targeted a lot isn’t cutting it anymore.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s the sound it makes when a mini boss is defeated in Kirby.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wish there was another way to get the gameboy theme :negative:

I’m sure they’ll bring it back someday. It’s cool but it’s kinda distracting to play with seriously. Having that color really helps when it gets more intense.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Schlub Husband posted:

What? Fire Emblem? I missed a theme god drat :(

I hope they implement a random theme mode. I think it would be more fun to have your theme randomly chosen (from the one's you've unlocked) each game

That would be cool. I hope they keep adding more as well. Challenges and unlocks really made me play this game a lot more.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That t-spin video was very helpful. I’m actually doing set ups without thinking too hard about it now.:eyepop:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's my favorite theme but it can be kinda tough to differentiate pieces when in the top 10 so I don't use it that much.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

robot roll call posted:

I just checked, I missed the Ring Fit theme and I don't see it in my themes menu to buy at all.

They’ll probably rerelease the new event themes in waves. It took almost a year before they started offering some of the older event themes for tickets.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oh poo poo, thanks! My kids love Luigi's Mansion 3, so I'll definitely be aiming for that theme.

I just realized I missed the PM one from a little while ago. Was it good?

Yes, very. Highly recommend to get that one again whenever you get another chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Coxswain Balls posted:

Oh god I haven't played in over a year, has the playing field in general become more or less skilled?

This is your best chance to play with more average skilled people. More hardcore people play when there isn’t a theme event going on.