Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Robokomodo posted:

I’m a felon. So, tire-iron

Black powder guns aren't considered firearms by the government. You can even order them through the mail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

naem posted:

I was in the military and got to shoot lots of gunds and it was all really boring, not sure where the fascination is for some people

Saem. Someone on these forums said that guns are tool for turning money into noise.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
AR-15 slaps, chief

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Owning an AR15 is like owning a katana.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

big nipples big life posted:

Owning an AR15 is like owning a katana.

owning an AK is like owning a stack of BUDK catalogs with literally all the katanas circled in sharpie

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AK47 is the people's weapon, not some bougie tacticlol embarrassment that no true revolutionary would caught dead with. Just lol if you side with the operator cosplay weapon, just lol.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I prefer the railgun (quake 3 version).

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Pawn 17 posted:

I prefer the railgun (quake 3 version).

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
hello I am the government and I am here to take away your ak47 or ar 15

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

AK47 is the people's weapon, not some bougie tacticlol embarrassment that no true revolutionary would caught dead with. Just lol if you side with the operator cosplay weapon, just lol.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
AWP

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
these are the off-brand articulating models of the KF7 Soviet and the AR33, right?
I think I read something about that. they couldn't sort out if the rights belonged to EON, Rare, or Nintendo, because none of the companies knew if they owned it, but no one was willing to disclaim them, either. typical.

for some reason when I was a kid my thing was dual-wielding DD44's, but as an adult I now have the wisdom and perspective to understand that the real answer is the RC-P90, so whatever the NECA or Mezco equivalent of that is

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

unpleasantly turgid posted:

owning an AK is like owning a stack of BUDK catalogs with literally all the katanas circled in sharpie

THESE COLORS DONT RUN

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
A souvenir miniature pro baseball bat, but with a lead core for maximum skull penetration.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
AR is more easy to shoot.
AK is more fun to shoot.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Well, the AK47 is less accurate but more reliable while the AR15 is more accurate but less reliable

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Some one told me that the bullets in a AK47 make people a lot more dead than child sized bullets America prefer.

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

Where do "California compliant" versions (somehow make the pistol grip less pistol grippy and pinky swear to never use a big magazine and bam! hunting rifle!) fall in this debate?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Well. My state banned AK's and only lets us buy certain kinds of AR's (for now) so I have ARs and not an AKs, so AR-15 I guess?

I don't really care. I just wanna go pew pew at paper.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I laugh at your rifles and guns! What I have here is a genuine HOWITZER.
*points at the crotch*

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Hi Point carbine and a tec 9 without the flash guard.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Rad-daddio posted:

Hi Point carbine and a tec 9 without the flash guard.

enjoy your powder burns, bitch

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
chinese made AK with folding stock for CQB and an attached folding bayonet for CerQB. everything you need

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

since they dropped the price of the aug and sg I always go with those, unless I know I'm playing close angles

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
The AR won the mud test om inrange or whatever channel it was

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the AK also functions as a stove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ovyeoyl29I

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Jay_Zombie posted:

Well. My state banned AK's and only lets us buy certain kinds of AR's (for now) so I have ARs and not an AKs, so AR-15 I guess?

I don't really care. I just wanna go pew pew at paper.

If you're talking about Maryland, they banned AK-47s and variants by name but forgot about the AK-74 and its variants, so you can go for those.

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
Whatever one the dumb gun forum guys dont like

naem
May 29, 2011

Lil Peeler posted:

Saem. Someone on these forums said that guns are tool for turning money into noise.

they did a demonstration in basic where 4 guys took rifles with underslung grenade launchers and filled a decent sized muddy field with fire and explosions where they were like “see?? weapons are pretty good and cool huh? hey look BOOM haha yeah this is fun!”

and they found that they HAD to do that because after months of dry boring detailed training “aiming center mass on the target” and sitting out in the rain trainees were left apathetic about firearms

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

ArmZ posted:

since they dropped the price of the aug and sg I always go with those, unless I know I'm playing close angles

I don't like buying the SG because it's not that much better than AK on T side but the scope helps CTs so much that giving CTs an SG is so much worse than giving them an AK

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.
I am the Weapon

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

they did a demonstration in basic where 4 guys took rifles with underslung grenade launchers and filled a decent sized muddy field with fire and explosions where they were like “see?? weapons are pretty good and cool huh? hey look BOOM haha yeah this is fun!”

and they found that they HAD to do that because after months of dry boring detailed training “aiming center mass on the target” and sitting out in the rain trainees were left apathetic about firearms

Isn't that what you'd want from soldiers, though? Treating weapons as a fairly boring tool that's part of the job seems like it would be much better than having loads of people running around desperate to fire off their guns.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Best gun is the super lovely Brazilian pistol that all you gotta do is shake it and it goes off lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nooner posted:

Best gun is the super lovely Brazilian pistol that all you gotta do is shake it and it goes off lol

poo poo your pants

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
ummMMhmm an uzi op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOR6W3eGmqM

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I like the AWP.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Dual UZIs and a third uzi attached to helmet and operated by blinking.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The AR-15 would actually prove to be more reliable in the field, though harder to clean after use. This is because of the closed bolt/bolt cover on the AR-15 series while the AK has ease of maintenance this actually becomes a detriment when the action, which is fairly exposed to the elements becomes jammed up with mud and dirt, something the AR wouldn't suffer from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
to be honest the gun I really want is one of those gangster Tommy guns with a big ammo drum. i dont think guns got much better than Tommy guns I don't know why they made newer ones.