Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenGoldfishGod
Oct 29, 2009

JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT POST!

Coolness Averted posted:

Doubleposting to help bump the thread, but I can't recommend the Shadow Operations Book enough. It's a really great collection of one shot adventure hooks for Spire. I've peppered a few of the adventures from it into my regular game as distractions from the main plot for our season, and as a way of kinda nudge the group into doing things. It's also my favorite sort of adventure supplement "Here's a bunch of props, and some scene ideas. Set the players loose and see what happens."
I also like that all of the adventures are pretty easily tweaked to fit into something ongoing, so you can insert factions and NPCs the group has already encountered and also gives suggested rewards for integrating into an ongoing game.
My group ran the "How to Steal a Body" story last night and almost immediately decided they were going to weekend at bernie's the corpse with no prompting. The only thing I'm sad about was when given the option of stuffing the body in a kebab cart or palanquin they opted for the palanquin, but it fit the weekend at bernie's motife so was all good.
So far bribing with better advances or material benefits for risk is working a bit better with the D&D player, but I still need to have a private talk with them about spotlight time and maybe giving the other players a little more of a chance to do their ideas. A player commented privately to me that it felt like if I ever stopped speaking the D&D player was immediately launching into what his character did -at one point even talking over me to explain what he wanted to do when I specifically asked another player.
I appreciate the enthusiasm but they come from an improv background too so I think aren't quite used to a moment of silence and expect everyone to be shouting over each other when in freeform RP mode, with combat providing the structure that prevents that.

I've had to just straight-up say "Shut up, <name>, it's <other name>'s turn right now. You'll get one too." to a few players who weren't getting the spotlight concept right away. Mostly after gentler hints failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU