Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Everyone is weird and awkward. To this day I avoid going to get the mail if I see that I'd have to make small talk with my neighbor to get it.

On my 21st birthday I went out to happy hour with a bunch of people from work. There was a girl I kind of vaguely knew from another department and we started talking. We were hitting it off pretty well and she kept buying me drinks to celebrate.

Then I saw there was a pinball machine in the corner and I slurred out something like "Oh man they got pinball here!" and ended up playing pinball for over an hour. She left at some point. The next day at work I saw her in the hall and she avoided making eye contact with me. I'm pretty sure I was "The Weird Pinball Guy" for the rest of the time I worked there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
i just couldn't and then iwas like, "what?? Lol"

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I find that the dumber I become the less anything is awkward

It's pretty rad being an idiot

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Got married and had a family.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
One time someone smiled and waved at me, I smiled and waved back. But apparently this person wasn’t even real, it all happened in my head!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Noblesse Obliged posted:

For real. I worked hard to be this dumb.

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
today i was out getting some lunch and some crazy guy came up to me on the sidewalk. he was all like "how you doing my man?" and i was like "i'm fine and dandy dawg!" and we fist-bumped. it was only as he continued on his merry way that i realised that he wasn't some acquaintance i thought i had worked with, but was in fact a bona fide crazy person. well that's my story.

then there was also the time i shat my pants and went to a meeting for a high-profile current affairs show i was working on without cleaning up, because there wasn't time and it would have looked even worse if i rang ahead with some excuse. the smell was probably unbearable. they hired me back again after that though so it probably didn't smell as bad as i thought

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Last week I told a homeless guy to "get home safe!" loudly and sincerely.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I legit thought marvin gay was killed by a tree falling on him and announced this multiple times to coworkers but it turns out i was misinformed

sandwiches_and_ham
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
im marvin gay

Non Poster
Jan 26, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I legit thought marvin gay was killed by a tree falling on him and announced this multiple times to coworkers but it turns out i was misinformed

I thought marvin gay was gay

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
One time i picked up some pizza at the take-out counter and the cute girl who handed it to me was like "enjoy your pizza!" and I said "thanks you too!"

Then I turned around a little too quickly and knocked the tip jar over with my erection.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
been 6'6"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Didn’t get hired at Pitchfork because my review of the new Ratatat album was a timeline of the Pokémon Rattata’s popularity in Japan. I didn’t understand the rating system so I gave it a 07 because that’s the year it peaked

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

A Fancy Hat posted:

Everyone is weird and awkward. To this day I avoid going to get the mail if I see that I'd have to make small talk with my neighbor to get it.

On my 21st birthday I went out to happy hour with a bunch of people from work. There was a girl I kind of vaguely knew from another department and we started talking. We were hitting it off pretty well and she kept buying me drinks to celebrate.

Then I saw there was a pinball machine in the corner and I slurred out something like "Oh man they got pinball here!" and ended up playing pinball for over an hour. She left at some point. The next day at work I saw her in the hall and she avoided making eye contact with me. I'm pretty sure I was "The Weird Pinball Guy" for the rest of the time I worked there.

The only awkward thing here is someone getting pissy at you for doing something you enjoy on your birthday instead of paying attention to them. That was unjust OP.

EDIT: In fact this is even worse if the "awkward" thing is her buying you drinks then being passive aggressive because instead of sleeping with her or indulging her you went off and did something else, they are not entitled to anything for buying you drinks OP!! This story is bunk and you were mistreated!!!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 22, 2019

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
A guy tried to fistbump me and I'm both white and stupid as gently caress and instinctively reached out and shook his hand

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I thought playing guitar and singing Lightning Crashes by Live was a good idea in a 7th grade talent show

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i spent $10 to post on an internet forum once

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i spent $10 to post on an internet forum once

hosed up if true

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Mistook which twin was flirting with me, used wrong name, ruined everything.

We were seated in alphabetical order, so I hosed this up because I'm a moron.

Learn your ABC's, kids.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Joined a new school and wanted to get into sports and try throwing discus. Joined the debate team by mistake.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I was drunk and walking home in Brooklyn a couple years ago and a guy stopped me and started giving me a long spiel about how he needed formula for his baby and he was poor and couldn't buy any because it was $20. I was too drunk and confused to tell him to gently caress off so I let him lead me to a convenience store where he brought two things of powdered formula up to the register and they rang up for $50. When I heard it was going to be $50 I gave him a kind of "heh what are you going to do" kind of shrug and ran out of the store and down the street into the night.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

A guy tried to fistbump me and I'm both white and stupid as gently caress and instinctively reached out and shook his hand
someone manually operated my hand throughout an elaborate handshake

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

gary oldmans diary posted:

someone manually operated my hand throughout an elaborate handshake

like it's not the most EMBARRASSING thing but holy hell is it awkward and then both of you are like 'o-oh'

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Person interviewed me and farted. All I said after was "Niiice" and got immedietly hired.

I build control panels and IT for my fart company

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the most awkward thing i've ever done? how do you count the stars in the sky?

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014
I sang the “Jedi Rocks” song from Return of the Jedi to a group of about 200 people. Fortunately, I was blackout drunk so I don’t remember any of it. Unfortunately, I was the only one.

Dirt McGuirk
Oct 21, 2010

brave

&

strong
Fell down a loooong rear end staircase on my bike as a city bus drove by, wish I had bystander video.

In my defense, I had no idea the sidewalk was about to turn into a loooong rear end staircase.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ripped rear end while posting on the forums

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
said “i love you” at the bath house

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
saw something cursed on my computer and then realised my monitor was off

Cock Sucker
Nov 14, 2018
did the aristocrats while eulogizing my dead grandmother

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

next time give him one of these

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Carried this printer one time.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Working on a student film at the parking lot of the local mall at night, I dig a pellet pistol from a bag to use as a prop in a shot.

Classmate :ohdear: "You sure about that?"
Me :clint: "It's not loaded, I haven't used this thing since I was 9"

Cue me cocking it, pointing it over my shoulder, and pulling the trigger, resulting in a very loud *PFFFT!!!* and followed by the sound of breaking stained glass from over one of the mall's entrances.

Me :clint: "....On second thought lets use the squirt gun Jeff covered in electrical tape."

That pane is still broken nearly twenty years later.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Cirrhosis Johnson posted:

I sang the “Jedi Rocks” song from Return of the Jedi to a group of about 200 people. Fortunately, I was blackout drunk so I don’t remember any of it. Unfortunately, I was the only one.

I think you posted this in another thread and it's still possibly one of the embarrassing things I could imagine.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Noblesse Obliged posted:

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
Existing is up there but also probably trying to flirt with a girl and then proceed to drop a glass of water on her crotch. Not how I had planned to get her wet and then I just went home to eat chips in the dark.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Your son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I pretend to be stupid all the time