Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

i want to send structured logs/events at some service that I wont have to janitor. the events will mostly be an entity with one or more uuids, and then some info like state changes, maybe some timestmaps or durations, idk. Nothing automated needs to consume this, just sometimes a person will do a search on the uuids to figure out what happened. I only need like 7 maybe 14 days of retention and the volume of incoming events wont be so high. Probably like 1gb/day, for sure less than 100. Only like 5 people will need access.

what service should i use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

uncurable mlady posted:

honestly? honeycombs free tier might work out well for you

edit - assuming you want to share a password, I think they have a user limit on the free account

I’ll take a closer look at that. I know a couple of people
that work there but figured it was all more about “observabity” whatever that is than just looking at a few logs.

I’m trying out timber.io right now and it seems exactly right.