Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
Not specifically civil affairs, but I think it's about as close as I can think of, try Max Boot's "The Road Not Taken", about Edward Lansdale and his involvement in the Philippines after WW2, and his subsequent involvement with the South Vietnamese government before and during the American incursion of Vietnam.

I have a specific interest in oral histories, and Donald Knox finished two before his unexpected death from a heart attack.

Death March, about the American soldiers, sailors, and marines who were stationed in the Philippines at the start of WW2 and the short defensive battles they fought, along with their capture and the horrible treatment they underwent as prisoners of the Japanese army.

The other is 2 volumes, Korea: Pusan to Chosin, being the initial entry of American soldiers into Korea in July 1950 up to General Walkers death around Christmas 1950. It continues in Korea: Uncertain Victory. Donald Knox died while putting this volume together, and it was finished by someone else so it feels a bit different from the other two books. Still worth reading though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU