Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Next week's games
Saturday
Fleet @ Express - 4PM (B/R Live)
Apollos @ Stallions - 8PM (NFL Network)

Sunday
Commanders @ Iron - 4PM (CBS Sports Network)
Legends @ Hotshots - 8PM (NFL Network)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Is Hack still starting?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Is Hack still starting?

Nope

https://twitter.com/TheAAF/status/1100199414948216833

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

When your league standings look more like the start to your fantasy football league than real life.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I'm glad to see my life long fandom in the Apollos hasn't been for naught.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Atlanta is a dumpster fire.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

wandler20 posted:

Atlanta is a dumpster fire.

Imagine scoring 5 less points than a team lead by Christian Hackenberg.

Hotshots are going to Hotshit all over them!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1100446444337745926?s=19

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

so glad that Mett is starting. may actually go to this game.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Kind of surprised Hack won the job over Mettenberger to begin with

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm really hoping the Commanders can step it up this weekend. They need another win to carry some momentum into the midseason.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When do Orlando and Bham play each other

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Come home!

https://twitter.com/CFL/status/1100834410901975040?s=19

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

When do Orlando and Bham play each other

Week 5 and 10. Week 5 is listed as Bleacher Report I expect that to flex to television.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I mean if you're Atlanta or Memphis why not? May get the league another storyline too...

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Pershing posted:

I mean if you're Atlanta or Memphis why not? May get the league another storyline too...

because the cfl gave him a set of rules not to break w/r/t his conduct off the field and apparently he managed to break them?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

BTW he's not just released, Montreal was forced to release him by the CFL who have banned him from the league.

He probably did something pretty stupid.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

syzpid posted:

BTW he's not just released, Montreal was forced to release him by the CFL who have banned him from the league.

He probably did something pretty stupid.

cfl’s keeping a pretty tight lip about it so best case scenario he failed a drug/alcohol test but is otherwise no longer terrorizing his loved ones

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah, it doesn't seem like the team would publicly stated that they wanted to keep him if he did something harmful to others. Still, it's a shame if he fell off the wagon.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Probably unrelated to his CFL exit but not a great sign as far as him in a general sense having a normal one:
Either Johnny Manziel's Wife Is The Fastest Runner In Recorded History Or She Cheated At A Half Marathon
I remember a really interesting piece a few years ago about one of the top women's distance runners triathletes? in America just constantly having "oh wow I guess my electronic tracker went dead at the exact part of the race where I ran super fast" moments until they finally just banned her.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 1, 2019

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
When the Ray Rice video came out the CFL made a really big deal about having a zero tolerance policy for domestic abuse and always trying to keep players out that are violent. When Manziel was allowed into the league they took a lot of hits because of his history of being a domestic abuser and the Commissioner did make a point of saying that he gave Manziel a very specific set of conditions on playing and if he violated any of them he would be out.

As well the CFL does not test for weed and hasn't even since before legalization. It's more of a normal workplace policy of "please don't show up to practice high or drunk"

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/PerchedGridiron/status/1101220883652378624?s=19

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I guess I'd have to root for an Omaha team? :shrug:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Hey Ohio might get a professional team again. (Besides Ohio State)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Dayton? Why not put a team in Cincinnati?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Edward Mass posted:

Dayton? Why not put a team in Cincinnati?

There's already a minor league team in Cincy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hell yeah give me that Columbus team

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is there any context like they want to go to 10 or 12 or more, is this for next season? My initial feeling is I don't want to see them overextend until they're sure the foundation is solid but idk. On one hand I gotta wonder how bad the next 25-50% of dudes who couldn't make these teams are but there's probably some talent still out there passed up for names like Hack or who didn't bother pursuing this opportunity fearing it'd collapse before the first week.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

I guess I'd have to root for an Omaha team? :shrug:

Better than Des Moines I guess.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Gonna be a SICK Des Moines-Omaha rivalry

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Is there any context like they want to go to 10 or 12 or more, is this for next season? My initial feeling is I don't want to see them overextend until they're sure the foundation is solid but idk. On one hand I gotta wonder how bad the next 25-50% of dudes who couldn't make these teams are but there's probably some talent still out there passed up for names like Hack or who didn't bother pursuing this opportunity fearing it'd collapse before the first week.

Also they'd be competing with the XFL for talent, if that dumb league ever really launches. I do wonder where both leagues are expecting to find many hundreds more players who can produce a watchable product but aren't already even practice squad/AAF material. You're looking at the next tier down of college scrubs, and whoever you can lure out of like Arena league.

Then again the AAF has already wildly exceeded my expectations so what do I know.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

Only 4.7% of eligible Division 1 NCAA Football players get drafted so in theory there's a big pool to draw from

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/RealDickTator/status/1100836424960671747?s=19

https://twitter.com/ESPNDari/status/1101515935138107393?s=19

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Someone told me last night that he missed a mandatory weekly physical, which led to his ban.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

gently caress YES

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
There is zero appeal to Johnny Manziel for me anymore so I'm pretty whatever about this news.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
He was loving atrocious in the CFL and will probably be worse in the AAF

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Raku posted:

He was loving atrocious in the CFL and will probably be worse in the AAF

Isn't the level of play in the CFL probably higher?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

General Dog posted:

Isn't the level of play in the CFL probably higher?

Yes but that's why he's going to be worse. Brick handed receivers that aren't allowed to run before the snap like in the CFL.

God I hope he doesn't go to Birmingham. Keep the Trainwreck in Memphis going or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Would he have to go to San Antonio like the other Aggies who weren't part of the QB draft?