Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Because that game ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
no its a physics time attack racer like trackmania etc. one of europes better contributions to gaming genres imo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
u could say like n++ and dustforce and super meat boy sort of fall of into the same category too. though meat boy isnt european. but it is good

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

There was an old game called Elastimania that was probably based on something else but it's that genre.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Elasto Mania is a platform motorbike video game released in 2000. It explores the notion of elastic motorcycles. The goal of each level is to touch the flower. Some require the player to collect apples spread throughout it before doing so.

Developer(s): Balázs Rózsa

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
2d motorcycle games are their own genre. Remember line rider?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
remember max dirt bike i think on addictinggames.com

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
I remember playing the gsme boy version of excitebike. It actually was pretty excite

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Shout out to primitive 8-bit engine noises. Truly a dying breed

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wormskull posted:

Elasto Mania is a platform motorbike video game released in 2000. It explores the notion of elastic motorcycles. The goal of each level is to touch the flower. Some require the player to collect apples spread throughout it before doing so.

Developer(s): Balázs Rózsa

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It sucks because the courses are some of the coolest in the series but everything surrounding it made this game such a turd. If they ever drop a patch that makes this game just a big list of levels in a menu I'll spend 100 hours in it but everything surrounding the actual gameplay is so bad, and it's like bad in the way that they clearly spent a lot of effort on making it that way which is even sadder than it being bad because they half-assed it. Kind of pissed this thread got bumped and mad at myself for making it. I'm this close to saying Topic locked.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I got it during the steam sale and, well, it's better than the internet impressions would have you think. Their choices were definitely bizarre but I didn't have to grind very much. (... Lol at that sentence but yeah.) At least they made the university tracks unlock the stadiums which gets you stuff 6 levels early. I've almost got the extreme tracks unlocked.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 6, 2019

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I got it during the steam sale and, well, it's better than the internet impressions would have you think. Their choices were definitely bizarre but I didn't have to getting very much. (... Lol at that sentence but yeah.) At least they made the university tracks unlock the stadiums which gets you stuff 6 levels early. I've almost got the extreme tracks unlocked.

That's cool and I'm pretty sure that's a change since launch . When I last played it a couple months ago the Trials U stuff gave you a handful of XP or whatever the gently caress currency you use to progress and get new tracks but I'm pretty sure it wasn't much more than you got for completing any other random challenge .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
:(