Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

Anyone else picking this up? All the reviews basically say the extra poo poo they added on is annoying but the actual racing and level design is the best it's ever been . There are over 100 levels which is pretty insane . I'm playing on PS4 but friend leaderboards are now cross-platform for the first time ever (along with custom tracks) so i'll post my ubisoft name or whatever when this poo poo finishes downloading . I get really competitive with these games so I hope some other pimps are down

One new annoyance is something that's been inevitable: microtransactions. The loot boxes and microtransactions in Trials Rising are omnipresent. Every time you level up, you get a loot box to open up. If you take on the Challenger Mode, which unlocks at level 24, and successfully beat the other ghost players within your limited three chances, you're rewarded with special "Challenger Crates."

On most parts of a bike (and cosmetic items for your character), you can slap 200 stickers on it. So if you want your bike to be a rusty red that looks akin to Kaneda's bike from Akira, you can do your darndest. In most loot boxes, I was opening up lots of cosmetic duplicates that you can "sell" for additional Trials Coins. With Trials Coins, you can eventually build out your bike library with two additional novelty bikes; the total amount of bikes in the game are six, starting you off with the Squid, with the other three unlocking as you progress.

I've only been able to buy one so far, as they're very expensive. With microtransactions, you can always just buy them outright with the Acorn currency. (Acorns can also be earned in-game by finding collectibles in levels and participating in the seasons of global multiplayer.) I saved up 15,000 Trials Coins through my blood, sweat, and tears, and around level 40 I bought the Donkey—an adorable scooter that is actually hellish to ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

trackmania seems pretty untouched by ubisoft somehow, the console one is good stuff and the pc one is still batshit insane

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

The games good imo. I dont really give a crap about the lootbox stuff you can just play trials

Loot box #404, time to knife some nerds. And no I don't feel bad about it. Not being poor is doooope.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

:(