Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I have yet to play ultra sun and moon, but I beat sun and moon and it felt kinda lackluster for some reason.

That said, lately I've had the itch to play again. As my brain is broken, I have selected in 2019 to replay Pokemon Pearl. May god have mercy on my soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

You know what I loved about the 4kids dub? All the really bad original songs they'd put at the end of episodes. 20 years later I can still hum the very stupid song "I'm on the road to Viridian City!"

It's a double edged sword, as I ate all that crap up as a kid and got the dumb CD that has some other songs too.

I remember the song with an Ash/Misty ship theme, and I will never escape that cringe.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Are R4 DS cartridges still dirt cheap? I don't see why anyone would bust out the big bucks for a DS pokemon game (Save for HG/SS if you've still got a pokewalker) when you can just DIY with one of those little buggers.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cT6ULpScZA

Cross-posting from the Polygon thread because I think this thread can appreciate having their own Terry at one point or another.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If you weren't already sold on detective pikachu that's a shame, because that first trailer sold me as soon as I saw "Leaventown" on the kids ticket

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I genuinely don't care if all the pokemon up to this point aren't available in PokeUK. The Pokemon Bank exists to give me a way to choose who ever I want, if I absolutely cannot live without ____. Still, if they want me to play in their space provided I've got no issues doing it.

I don't care about z moves or mega evolutions, either. They're cool, they added a new quirk to combat, but I can live without them.

Not having a national dex, though, is a bridge way too far. I gave em a pass on Sun and Moon because I thought it would come later. It never did. If my only way of checking my progress is the gosh darned pokemon bank, that's just not good enough. Leave the region as is, let players find a way to get their favorites in it, but give me my gosh darned national dex you flipping butts.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

indigi posted:

sounds like you just want a spreadsheet

YER drat RIGHT

And yeah if they're gonna prevent you from bringing stuff over after you become champion/postgame thing, that's also poop. Just straight poop.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Cyndaquil is loving boss

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Most of my frustration stems from being unimpressed with the Sun Moon part of the franchise, and now they're following that up with a serious push onto consoles, but instead of only losing that small feature I loved they're shrinking my pokedex as well.

From unimpressed to annoyed, it hasn't been a great two-three years for Shinjobi and Pokemon.

I sincerely hope everyone enjoys the new games. I'm just being a big curmudgeon, and I'm okay with that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really liked X and Y.

Anywho, don't get too patriotic on July 4th, drink too much, then try to post about Pokemon. You wake up the next day wondering what was so important you had to post right then.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
#KillMe

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Infinitum posted:

#trading card

#anime

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In order to buy Pokemon Snap you have to buy and revitalize a Blockbuster franchise.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rad, looking forward to it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Ghost of Tsushima mod, but it's just a lot of Pokemon

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My stream is choppy as hell. Put more tape on your servers, YouTube