Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I ain't taking sides till I see the final forms, to do anything else is a fools game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Caidin posted:

I want the Rival to be a shitheel again. Enough of this friendly competition horse hockey.

I want a mean female rival. We've had primarily nice and/or male rivals for too long.

We can become friends eventually, but I want her to be super snooty and condescending at the start.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Manatee Cannon posted:

the bunny is cute but I'm worried it's gonna be fire/fighting

Put thy fears to rest, for I preach the truth: The bunny shall be fire/electric.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This should really be in the OP

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clarste posted:

I mean, you can just google this, but they're a set of famous paintings, not anything from folklore. It's more like Dogs Playing Poker.

Oh man, a dark type dog playing poker Pokemon would rule.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

This regions villian better be Football Hooligans. Either that or some incredibly snooty aristocratic types.

Football Hooligans = Team Skull (yay!)

Snooty Aristocrats = Team Flare (yawn)

Clearly, Football Hooligans are the superior choice.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chaosapiant posted:

Man, Misty is such a bitch to poor little Caterpie. This a good show though!

Oh man you have so many good episodes ahead of you.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

Attention!! a new shiny has been added to the list! Just got a shiny pheromosa in wonder trade, you guys can have her too! I am currently online and ready to trade at any time!

want that one.

Edit: give me a sec to get online

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

Just to warn you she kinda has a dumb name. Not inappropriate but not great. Still perfect IVs tho.

No problem! Just glad to be of service! Rosie has hidden power psychic btw!

Eh, that's fine.

While I'm taking stuff can I have the shiny Aegislash and Audino? And maybe one of the shiny jirachi if you have any left.

Friend code: 3926-6017-3031
Ingame name: omoly

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

Can do for all of the above. I think I've traded with you before so you might already be on my list just let me check. I'll message when all's in order.

You're not showing up in ultra moon for some reason...let me try regular moon

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

I got everything setup and your named added! Ready to go on this end!

I'm just on Moon btw

Found you!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

I'm trying to connect but it got rejected the first time :(

Thank you so much for the mons :D you were right about the dumb name, but I don't mind.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

I'm happy they've gone to a good home! if there's anything else you'd like gimme a ring! Also a reminder just give me lovely pokemon the pokemon you're giving me are too good LOL
I've already bred that exact bounsweet for example but thank you so much anyway!

haha, sorry. I went through a phase of trying to breed the perfect shiny bounsweet (never managed to make one) So now I have a box full of perfect IV Adamant Bounsweets in loveballs (I used to have even more, but i wonder traded them away a few Christmases ago)

And Well Heck, if you're giving me an excuse to be greedy:

May i have the shiny Articuno? And one of the shiny Mews

Edit:

Oh wait you're gone for the night, N/M!

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 28, 2019

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sjs00 posted:

Sobble
Cryguana

Depressie

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Nah he's got a music theme going on with his other names (groove-monkey in English) so he's probably going to become a drummer or something boring instead of my vastly superior idea.

Hey! If you think a punk rock drummer monkey is a worse idea than some snooty conductor monkey then.....actually, both of those monkeys sound pretty cool.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well it sure as heck wasn't me because mewtwo is loving rad :colbert:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Gruckles posted:

The new movie trend is remaking beloved and beautifully animated movies as live action and/or cheap-looking cg.

"Let's do the exact same thing again....but worse!"

(Movie makes a billion dollars)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

Oi omoly! D'you still want that mew and articuno?

100%! getting on now!

Edit:

Thank you! Love these light blue babies :3:

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 1, 2019

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nodosaur posted:

huh

we'll see then

The gen 7 evolutions got leaked super early, but most people thought they were fake:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

oddium posted:

it's science baby

sobble is s
rabbit is b
monkey is c

There are so many things wrong with this, but putting Venusaur in E? That's simply unacceptable, meet me in the pit.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Spring heeled Jackrabbit's reign of terror is off to a good start.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

So who wants to join me in the speculation hole on what the final typings for the starters will be?

My predictions (certainly not my personal hopes being blatantly projected here)

Grooky becomes Grass/Dark with a musician theme, Scorbunny becomes Fire/Fairy with a white rabbit trickster theme and Sobble becomes either Water/Psychic or Water/ Dragon and is based on Nessie.

My money is still on:

Grooky = Grass/Fairy (although grass/normal is also on the table since normal is the type most associated with sound)

Scorbunny = Fire/Electric (I am 100% on this one)

Sobble = Water/ghost (mostly because of the turn invisible thing)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flopsy posted:

These are also pretty spot on! Grooky really could go either way with whole mischievous music monkey theme. And Scorbunny strikes me as a speedy glass cannon so a secondary electric typing makes sense. Sobble is the hardest to pin down though. Hell it could even be Water/ Poison at this point since it apparently used acid armor in the trailer.

Yeah, Grooky and Sobble could both go a lot of ways at this point. The second evolution might make is easier to tell where they're headed.

I am dead certain about Scorbunny being fire/electric though. The emphasis on speed and energy, it's name being spark in some of the foreign languages, the fact that it's a rodent, heck if you showed me a picture of Scorbunny and asked me to guess its typing I would say "electric" and assume it was gen 8's pika clone rather than a starter.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This is way off topic, but I'm still pissed they made Diancie a mythical Pokemon instead of having it be an evolution for Carbink.

That was a bitch move gamefreak, a real bitch move.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chaosapiant posted:

Having literally just started watching the show last week at almost 40 years old, I’m not sure I see what the hate is about? I have no nostalgia for it since I never previously watched it, but it’s basically every Saturday morning cartoon I saw as a kid. I had poo poo like thunder cats, silverhawks, MASK, the ghostbusters cartoon and my favorite: Voltron. This show back in the 80s would’ve fit right in with that stuff as a fun kids show and adventure, plus the bonus that it ties into the games. I don’t see any problems with it and while the characters, especially Ash so far, are way loving over the top, that’s par for the course for a Saturday morning cartoon. I said this before, but I really wish I hadn’t skipped out on the show when it first came on. Had I given it a chance I’d probably have loved it then too.

Don't take the hate too seriously, it's just kind of fun to complain about things. The Pokemon cartoon is great if you're looking to watch a cute upbeat show about kids making friends with monsters and then having those monsters fight each other. There's no shame in enjoying something nice.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Winklebottom posted:

if he cannot maintain his good boy status when evolving that's his problem

so, what are your bets on the new Eeveelution? I'm thinking steel to go with the sword/shield motif

I think flying would be cool, but for some reason I think dragon is more likely.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chaosapiant posted:

I just moved into my new house. It’s big and empty and I have no internet. Thankfully I can stay up with the dog and play Pokémon all night because I have the week off of work. Thank you for reading. That is my story!

Also fun fact: I’m a grown rear end man with a giant squirtel plushy on my desk at work.

I'm a grown rear end woman with a whole shelf full of Pokemon dolls.

I stand by my life choices :colbert:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

chaosapiant posted:

Oh yes, I have no desire to do anything otherwise. People come by my desk and say “hello good sir! You certainly have a fine taste in Pokémon! Please have a Krispy Kreme donut!” Then I slam that poo poo down, take a “lunch break” and go sit in my car in the parking garage and catch mons.

Nice, you sound like a dude who's got life figured out.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Is it time to play "who can find the creepiest Pokedex entry"?

Gengar
"It apparently wishes for a traveling companion. Since it was once human itself, it tries to create one by taking the lives of other humans."

Sliggoo
"It has trouble drawing a line between friends and food. It will calmly try to melt and eat even those it gets along well with."

Froslass
"When it finds humans or Pokémon it likes, it freezes them and takes them to its chilly den, where they become decorations."

Shiinotic
"Forests where Shiinotic live are treacherous to enter at night. People confused by its strange lights can never find their way home again."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Houndoom
"If you are burned by the flames it shoots from its mouth, the pain will never go away."

Victreebel
"Lures prey with the sweet aroma of honey. Swallowed whole, the prey is dissolved in a day, bones and all."

Cacturne
"If a traveler is going through a desert in the thick of night, Cacturne will follow in a ragtag group. The Pokémon are biding their time, waiting for the traveler to tire and become incapable of moving."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pokedex entries are widely accepted as dubious at best. A lot of people theorise they're meant to be myths and legends, or literally written by 10 year olds.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Am I the only person in the world who kind of likes poor Simisear...?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Crosspeice posted:

They now have Giovanni's full backing, since he also saw how strong Pikachu was at the end of the BW anime. They also keep taking credit for dismantling the region's evil team, so he specifically sends them to new regions so they can quash whatever evil plot is going there so Team Rocket can be the dominant force.

Huh, so the Pokemon mafia never got dismantled in the anime? And it's still spreading to other regions? That's a little unsettling.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nth Doctor posted:

So this story about the interplay of Trevenant, Litwick, and Phantump gets me feeling some strong feels every time.

Trevenant: It can control trees at will. It will trap people who harm the forest, so they can never leave.

Litwick: While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

Source 1
Source 2

Here's a more recent story the same author did about Yamask and Cofagrigius

These are all great.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Funky Valentine posted:

The director of the first Digimon movie was really really proud of the idea of "fighting on the internet" and so made another movie about it.

It's a pretty good movie too.

Did he survive that dropkick? Because that looked like the kind of thing that could murder a person.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SirSamVimes posted:

Cutiefly though

Cutiefly and Ribombee are both precious and strong and my friends.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RatHat posted:

Speaking of fan-made Pokemon, a guy on reddit designed Regis for every type and they're awesome

Electric, Water, and Fire
Ghost, Psychic, and Dark
Ground, Flying, Grass, and Poison
Dragon, Bug, Fighting, and Fairy

I would love to make friends with these lovecraftian beasts :3:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blhue posted:

ah, going for the canon disappointing first time i see

Booooooo! Boo I say! I disagree with your sentiments and implications!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Ometeotl posted:

Check this

Pooplio

You are a fiend and I shall meet you in the pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Vandar posted:

That would be Bogleech.

http://www.bogleech.com/pokemon/parchive.html

His stuff is really good. He even reviewed the Pokemon from the Gold/Silver beta that leaked out recently!

Yeah, Bogleech is a cool dude who writes lots of cool stuff. However, some of his Pokemon reviews are objectively wrong :colbert: Lilligant deserved a higher rating.