Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Worst way to die in Samurai Shodown?
Getting eaten by a demon.
Getting hacked apart by a kabuki actor while stage hands dance on your corpse.
Getting crushed by a giant icicle summoned by a little girl.
Having all your major joints broken by a stealthy ninja.
Getting cleaved in two by a drunk rear end in a top hat.
Making the wrong decision twice while Ukyo has you in the corner.
View Results

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

Max Coveri posted:

A brand new character has been announced. Her name is Darli Dagger

River pirate lumberjack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:
Nakoruru got a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUzq8sIshTc

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Have they said if there's gonna be a physical release for this? I don't see any pre-orders up yet

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THocP-CdmSk

That loving draw cut at 15 seconds.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I am extremely sold on the game's look now.

night slime
May 14, 2014
That stuff does look cool. Her wall splat at 14 seconds looks like Billy's fwd+b.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Where's the preorder

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Here's like 2.5 hours of match footage. I think there's more if you look in the channel, haven't fished around yet. EDIT: They're older games. Dang.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGU99UC5DkA

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 6, 2019

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mikado does Samsho 2 world cup which is interesting if you're into that

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They do have a few setups with the new game but I don't know if they're allowed to stream them or not.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1128291965366259714?s=20

Preorder is up, if you buy it before June 30, you get the season pass for free

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hope they do that for pc

night slime
May 14, 2014
New free demo out for JPN PSN. I like the animation. I never played the older games too much so I have no frame of reference for anything.

it has Genjuro, Charlotte and Ukyo for training and an offline versus mode, but if you go into the tutorial you can gently caress around with Haohmaru there.

night slime fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 21, 2019

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I tried the demo. It looks pretty nice. If you're worried about characters not doing huge damage, you probably don't need to. Genjuro can chop off just shy of a third of health bar with one heavy attack.

I've never been a super huge Samurai Shodown guy, but I hope to dig deep into this one.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I'm pretty upset this game doesn't unlock at midnight.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

DLC has been announced, they say "release will begin sequentially from August 2019." Rimururu, Basara, Kazuki, and Wan-Fu!!!

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1143505264005410817

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Are the QC inputs in this game too annoying to bother doing on a DS4 pad?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Basara was the number one character I wanted for DLC so I'm pleased. Kazama is cool too. I could go either way on Wan-Fu. Rimururu is an annoying loving character so I am not looking forward to facing her.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Season 1 pass has been made free even without the game, available 6/25 to 7/2. Just downloaded it even though I don't have the game yet.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Basara was the number one character I wanted for DLC so I'm pleased. Kazama is cool too. I could go either way on Wan-Fu. Rimururu is an annoying loving character so I am not looking forward to facing her.

Massive same on all four opinions.

Kazama man, one of the smoothest themes in the biz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myq9XDIUWV0

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

night slime posted:

Season 1 pass has been made free even without the game, available 6/25 to 7/2. Just downloaded it even though I don't have the game yet.

that's a really cool thing for SNK to do. Basically everyone could just get it all for free. Nice way to boost confidence in the game since they're willing to provide the extra content free for the first wave.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

As a Kazama Main this is great news

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

night slime posted:

This seems to only apply to the US store, as I just checked the JP store (because I was dumb and bought the SE which was JP only so I have to use the pass for that region) and it still costs about 2000JPY there. It might be free everywhere except there though, I haven't checked.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kiryu kazama for samsho

night slime
May 14, 2014

HerniaFlange posted:

This seems to only apply to the US store, as I just checked the JP store (because I was dumb and bought the SE which was JP only so I have to use the pass for that region) and it still costs about 2000JPY there. It might be free everywhere except there though, I haven't checked.

Do you get the season pass for free in JP, the offer that was before this? It would be weird if you didn't.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Kiryu kazama for samsho

More like Sakamoto Ryōma amirite?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QNaoUEKbtY

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

no mina..

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

night slime posted:

Do you get the season pass for free in JP, the offer that was before this? It would be weird if you didn't.

Checking on it again, there's a Deluxe package that says it includes the DLC characters that costs 8942JPY, which is after a 10% discount. That could have been thrown up today though and they were just way stricter about the whole preordering to get the DLC pack thing. Honestly my main guess would be that the deal was for everywhere except Japan because everywhere else has been super vocal about the game feeling like it's only getting released this early in order to be an Evo main stage game and the other 4 characters were planned to be in but got cut because they were taking too long.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

sharrrk posted:

no mina..

Good.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Please stop denying my boy Genan

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Anyone get a chance to try out online? How's the netcode? I'm at work at the moment so I can't try it out for myself.

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 25, 2019

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How's the game feel and play? I can't afford it but I plan on picking it up eventually regardless. I played it at PAX east and it was only a couple matches but I really dug it. Giantbomb's quicklook kept complaining about how it felt like poo poo but that's Jeff and I feel like he's at the point that if a game doesn't control in a certain way, he's not going to bother to adapt.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Rera is the Goku who sacrificed themselves to keep Mina's Raditz out of the game.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
b-basara-kun

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jimbot posted:

How's the game feel and play? I can't afford it but I plan on picking it up eventually regardless. I played it at PAX east and it was only a couple matches but I really dug it. Giantbomb's quicklook kept complaining about how it felt like poo poo but that's Jeff and I feel like he's at the point that if a game doesn't control in a certain way, he's not going to bother to adapt.

Everything is minus, hitstop lasts for years, you commit hard to every button press. It feels super weighty and really good, and it's really fun to play, but it's not a random anime FG where you can gatling for days and cancel everything into everything so I'm not surprised that some people don't like how it feels.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Does the game support legacy controllers? KOFXIV added it with a day one patch and I'm wondering if anything similar is done here. I like to use an old Neo Geo X stick and if I can't use it I might wait for the PC version.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sesq posted:

Does the game support legacy controllers? KOFXIV added it with a day one patch and I'm wondering if anything similar is done here. I like to use an old Neo Geo X stick and if I can't use it I might wait for the PC version.

it doesn't yet, my pokken pad isn't working. hopefully they'll patch it in soon.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Please don't murder me with my initial impression but this is slow as balls after playing SS3 for so long. It's like going from Super Turbo to Championship Edition. Also some of the inputs are hard as hell to pull of with the PS4 controller for some moves.

I fired up SS3 on the same system and did them just fine so I dunno... it's probably just me.

My friends of course are saying f' this game since their mains aren't in and my wife refuses to play until Rimururu is out so :smith:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Some complaints I have from first impressions is that load times are longish, rounds are slow to start because of the long announcement, and victory poses can't be skipped, all of which adds up to some tedious sitting around especially since lobbies don't seem to have rematch. The lobby system is also totally whack, since there's no ability to run concurrent games and there's not even a winner/loser stays rotation system. This makes lobbies of more than 2 people extremely clunky, not to mention confusing as the UI is lacking.

The actual fighting feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I think I'm gonna wait to pick this up because I'm tired of developers rushing a game out for Evo but I'm excited based on what I've seen and read