Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I completely start a new season starts tonight, what a nice surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

youcallthatatwist posted:

Please don't give me eureka flashbacks

Eureka and to some extent aquaria being given massive passes for their shittier performances because of ~narrative~ is what ended up making me lose interest in S10. I really hope that stops happening and drag Race becomes more like DRT but who knows at this point

Aquaria loving killed it, though.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Aquaria loving killed it, though.

I thought a bunch of her runways were way less impressive than the judges were saying. Her mermaid look was cheap looking and poorly fitted imo, for example. She's talented and in no way illegitimate but I think her supposed domination is way oversold.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Nihonniboku posted:

You from Columbus? All of my Columbus friends are freaking out that she's on the show.

I'm also super relieved that the show is on at 9PM. It gives me plenty of time to get home from work and get settled in before having to figure out making a free account with VH1.com to watch it live.

No I just fell in love with her as soon as the spoiler/reddit Nancy Drew people figured out she was on (not that hard lol "foot surgery"). She and Yvie are my early favorites because they're both outside the usual box we see on Drag Race, they don't give a gently caress about looking "fishy", and because I think they could do the most good with their title after Drag Race.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

jit bull transpile posted:

I thought a bunch of her runways were way less impressive than the judges were saying. Her mermaid look was cheap looking and poorly fitted imo, for example. She's talented and in no way illegitimate but I think her supposed domination is way oversold.

She was the best of a rather underwhelming bunch of queens tbh.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I think the mermaid look is forgivable for looking cheap and ill-fitting, given that it's based on, well, tar and oil spill. That being said I do agree that her runways could use some jazzing up; I don't know if she's intentionally going for minimalism, but often I feel like her looks read as a bit too simple. Like in the mermaid look for example, she could have worn black opera gloves to complete the look, put some things stuck to her hair, a fishing net "shawl", etc. I would have loved them more with some extra detailing.

I like her runways, I think they have strong concepts, but she wasn't setting me on fire as much as Violet did, yanno

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

jit bull transpile posted:

Basically this. I actually loved the mermaid look because it was a great concept, but the one that sticks in my mind is that global warming themed runway where she came out with a lightning bolt taped on her chest and people called it fine art lol. She's talented and crafty but i thought she was pretty bland overall, I deeply wish Asia hadn't self-combusted at the finale

I'm still more pissed about Eureka making it to the top despite absolutely not deserving it,there were several times I thought she should have lipsynced

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm so happy to have more Vangie commentary... :allears:

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Oh wait poo poo I forgot to ask, what's that trick ppl were using to watch each episode live

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Basically this. I actually loved the mermaid look because it was a great concept, but the one that sticks in my mind is that global warming themed runway where she came out with a lightning bolt taped on her chest and people called it fine art lol.

yeah this is the aquaria look that felt like cheap cosplay for me. Loved the concept of the mermaid look and it didn't look nearly as cheap as some of the others so it still stood out

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Oh wait poo poo I forgot to ask, what's that trick ppl were using to watch each episode live

I'm using the television

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Mooch off our parents' cable account?

well that's my trick at least

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

iirc VH1 doesn't bother to verify unique emails or whatever so you can use the "sign up for a 24 hour viewing pass" on their website but I haven't needed to try it bc for some reason the australian off-brand netflix that has a bunch of poo poo I like exclusively carries drag race

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 1, 2019

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery
I am waaay disappointed in Scarlet Envy :(

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Vortex Street posted:

I am waaay disappointed in Scarlet Envy :(

That is by far the worst look I've seen from her, she must have forgotten she was supposed to be in drag and grabbed a wig off the shelf coming in.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

iirc VH1 doesn't bother to verify unique emails or whatever so you can use the "sign up for a 24 hour viewing pass" on their website but I haven't needed to try it bc for some reason the australian off-brand netflix that has a bunch of poo poo I like exclusively carries drag race

this works btw, I just tried it out and missed the first five minutes so I immediately bailed but it seems to work with any random email

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

So what the hell is with Ariel's attitude :mad:

Where's my dang RuPaul's Best Friend's Race :mad:

(I'm way more excited by what this season will bring after the entrances than I was expecting)

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Yeah this was it thanks

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Scarlet looks weird and for that I love her
And her entrance look is cute imo :(

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Vanjie's photo concept for the upstaging photo :allears:

Scarlet looks weird and for that I love her
And her entrance look is cute imo :(
Yeah I am into her weirdness

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Yvie and Adore... :allears:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

Yvie and Adore... :allears:

I loving missed Adore goddamn, it was good to see her again

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Soju ☹️ don't admit to your death sentence

Oh my god what. Miley's disguise is so bad

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

:allears: sewing challenge :allears:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Season 6 adore is my favorite queen.

Why does bearded Miley just look and sound like Rickety Cricket

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

zelah posted:

Oh gently caress that's what it is.

Miley making me once again want a drag king show, or at least, episode.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
I don't give a poo poo what the queens say I love silky and I hope she stays. So earnest. Also she actually knows how to play a reality show lol

LMAO at Miley trying to be a wise mentor. Everyone trying to say nice things about her

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

zelah posted:

Holy gently caress

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I don't give a poo poo what the queens say I love silky and I hope she stays. So earnest. Also she actually knows how to play a reality show lol

LMAO at Miley trying to be a wise mentor. Everyone trying to say nice things about her

Her picking up and carrying Miley around was not cute though.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Yeah, I just created like 5 new accounts trying to get my chromecast to work to stream it to my TV. Stupid thing won't work, so I'm having to sit up straight in my computer chair instead of slouching on my couch.

Silky is annoying as gently caress, and better go home tonight.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I was here for Silky before the season - now, I'm not HATING her, but she better settle down after a couple episodes goddamn

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

I was worried for Vanjie but she came out super strong with that look

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

These are some of the best looks I've seen from a Make Your Own poo poo challenge. No absolute tops, but the quality across the board is generally much higher - way less obvious flops.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Those were all pretty underwhelming I thought, except for vangie, silky and yvie

Definitely no huge disasters but also nothing that fantastic

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

zelah posted:

I was worried for Vanjie but she came out super strong with that look

Yeah, it worked for her.

I love a sewing or a found objects challenge, but I really think that for the first episode, they should do a preplanned concept so that the queens can put their best foot forward. I think season 9 did it right, the queens were told to bring a look to represent where they're from, and nobody was eliminated. It was a great way to introduce everybody.

But Silky still better go home tonight. Worried about Soju and Nina West though.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Whalley posted:

These are some of the best looks I've seen from a Make Your Own poo poo challenge. No absolute tops, but the quality across the board is generally much higher - way less obvious flops.

So true.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Soju uh. Okay.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

zelah posted:

Soju uh. Okay.

HEY MAYBE DON'T TELL PEOPLE YOU'RE OOZING PUS AS A FIRST IMPRESSION

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

"A deep well of weird" indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I'm surprised that Plastique is in the top, her look is so middle of the road, and she seemed so awkward on stage.