Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Miley coming for Michelle's job. She's a great judge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

zelah posted:

Soju uh. Okay.

Tendinitis is really no excuse for throwing a roll of tulle on a tablecloth and call it a dress.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm surprised that Plastique is in the top, her look is so middle of the road, and she seemed so awkward on stage.

Yeah this I agree with, looking back over it the looks are better than I thought at first but plastique's is definitively mediocre

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I’m fine with this winner. I’m gonna go ahead and say bye to Soju ahead of time. This isn’t great.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

welp, bye soju

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Eek. Neither of these queens are getting the song. Not that I know it, but one is way underdoing it, the other is way overdoing it.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Nihonniboku posted:

Eek. Neither of these queens are getting the song. Not that I know it, but one is way underdoing it, the other is way overdoing it.

Overdoing wins lip syncs.

Like even if Soju hadn't been so loving awkward, she was up against someone being extremely extra.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

gently caress.

UNTUCKED.

I missed yooouuuu

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Whalley posted:

Overdoing wins lip syncs.

Like even if Soju hadn't been so loving awkward, she was up against someone being extremely extra.

Yea even if her being real...awkward...wasn't a factor you can't beat someone going ham on a lipsync.

RIP Soju, our pus filled angel departs us as fast as she came along.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

our pus filled angel
Oh my god

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Yeah that was a pretty crummy lipsync

This episode was kind of a weak start to the season imo, the S9 and S10 premieres were far more fun

And I don't think it was entirely the queens' fault, although a lot of them seem kind of anxious or insecure. The mini challenge was bleh and the maxi challenge was confusing, like they're not even trying to mimic a former queen's look? Just using a bunch of material they owned? Why not go all the way and make it a grab-bag garbage runway, that would be more entertaining

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 1, 2019

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

youcallthatatwist posted:

Yeah that was a pretty crummy lipsync

This episode was kind of a weak start to the season imo, the S9 and S10 premieres were far more fun

S11 doesn’t have Eureka so it’s already got that going for it.

Unless Silky starts crying all the time then poo poo

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

You can tell how much they gently caress with the continuity by how much drink is in their glasses. Silky's drink went from 3/4 full to nothing in an edit.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

AAAAAH

TAINT

CYST

TAINT

CYST

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

HOLY poo poo SOJU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea it in no way explains away why her dress was a mess but you gotta feel for Soju there, I don't think there's many worse situations than having your entire presence on the show summed up as 'taint cyst'

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
haven't watched the episode yet but I will stan for my taint cyst queen until I die

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

I don't think there's many worse situations than having your entire presence on the show summed up as 'taint cyst'
I dunno, what about 'was eureka' :v:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I switched over to Critical Role but...

taint cyst :gonk:

e: club taint cyst

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Whalley posted:

I dunno, what about 'was eureka' :v:

I just said taint cyst :colbert:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

smashing f5 on the stan webpage screaming "SHOW ME THE CYST"

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

sexpig by night posted:

our pus filled angel

I'm about to watch the episode and I suddenly need to watch it immediately

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Pinwiz11 posted:

e: club tainty cyst

fixed

underwhelming premiere, Silky really irritated me but I was loving her after mtq so I hope she chills out. Also Brooke :canada: :) yay!

saving untucked for tomorrow

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I can't seem to find Untucked anywhere; boooo

Silky needs to GO. She's too much, and I wonder how long it'll take for other queens to finally let her know that she needs to calm her rear end down, but I did love the part where she tried to do the call and got no response.

Edited to add: Aquaria's mermaid look had a lot of little fun bits to it, including the fact that her hands/fingers were webbed! Her take on the challenge is what truly set it apart, much like Asia's crazy look did.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 1, 2019

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Was rooting for Silky and Nina, we'll see how that goes.

Yvie is winning me over with everything she did. She seems very thoughtful and intelligent and laid-back cool behind the weird. I really enjoyed her runway look. And her banter with Adore was the best.

Shuga is a beautiful man. Anyone who disagrees isn't invited to my Quinceañera.

Scarlet is very pleased with herself. That makes one of us.

RE: Aquaria, her ball looks were fun and imaginative, her Melania Trump was inspired and genuinely funny, and her drag panel banter was quick-witted and personable. She has enough natural stage presence and charm so that if Asia (:love:) couldn't win, she's a fine alternative.

Miss Vanjie!

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

Miss Vanjie!

Shuga is beautiful but also looks disconcertingly like Stephen Colbert

e: next week YET ANOTHER SCRIPTED ACTING CHALLENGE oh good.

Ironic Twist fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Mar 1, 2019

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Silky going full laganja

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

COME THRU CANADA

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Man, this sucks. I loved Silky in the MTQ, but now I'm full on annoyed by her. And I loved Scarlet from MTQ, but I don't like her attitude now. And I liked Soju on MTQ, but that's over and done with.

MTQ... LIED to me?

...at least Brooke Lynne, Vangie, and PlastiqueTiara are still cool.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmfao is this the fuckin hannah montana theme

werq miley

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gently caress yes untucked i missed u

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

jit bull transpile posted:

I disappeared from the last thread because I couldn't watch while my wife was out of town. Now that I'm caught up I'll just say that ending was some hacked up bullshit and monet isn't that talented.

i love it when we agree, boo

Ubiquitous_ posted:

If we're spilling some more tea: neither was Trinity. Manila was the real winner.

Trinity was Manila's only real competition imho, Monique was close behind but her runways aren't as polished as those two. In a finale where Manila and Trinity were top two, I'd be happy with either winning, tho I'd lean Manila. Hell that woulda been one heck of a double crowning tbh.

Anyway this episode was nothing special, but I had fun watching it. Standouts (in general terms of enjoyability and not necessarily looking good on first week runway) for me so far are (obvs) Brooke, Shuga, Vanjie, Nina, Plastique, Yvie, Honey and Ra'Jah. Soju's fun, but I never expected my good cyst to get past the first episode so w/e.

Silky was real loving annoying, but her look was surprisingly nice for how much time she seemed to be wasting.

e: oh i really liked what we saw of akeria, too

goddamn there's so many queens this year

esperterra fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 1, 2019

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Soju missed a trick not trying to come up with some catchphrase as she left

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

Yvie and Adore... :allears:

Whalley posted:

I loving missed Adore goddamn, it was good to see her again

That pairing was kismet. If they don't collaborate after this season for something...

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

When he first said he was 24, I was like, oof, that's a rough 24.

When he admitted he was 40, I was like, come to me, daddy

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

my partner yelled "bitch you lie" at the TV when sugah said he was 24, I didn't even question it bc I'm pushing close to 40 and I still get carded

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

my partner yelled "bitch you lie" at the TV when sugah said he was 24, I didn't even question it bc I'm pushing close to 40 and I still get carded
lmao this was exactly what happened at my place too

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
poor Soju, that was rough.

Soju : Kim Chi :: Monet : Bob

Silky has Eureka syndrome where she's trying too hard to be extra and the center of attention and it's obnoxious. Dial it back by a third, girl.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I'm actually coming around on Scarlet Envy, she's kind of charming in a slightly off-kilter kinda way. The Tammie comparison someone made earlier was apt.

There weren't really outfits that wowed me but Brooke Lynn's was probably the most striking, so I'm glad she won. Also she is gorgeous out of drag

Loved Silky in the promo... not so much now. Of course it could easily have been the edit, but if she's as overbearing as most of the queens are saying, she's going to be tiresome to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Could’ve done without that pointless Ronnie 2.0 bit in the workroom so we could get to know some of the queens a bit better. Especially when it feels like there’s 20 of them this season.

I kinda love that Silky might be the surprise “villain” of the season. I’ll take her obnoxiousness over Ariel’s endless complaining talking heads at any rate.