Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

^burtle posted:

I'm not a normal dad I'm a cool dad

I liked when she got the line wrong and rolled with it!
"I'm not a cool dad- I mean, I AM a cool dad! I'm not regular I'm cool!!"
like, that fits the character to me!! what a funny performer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

warez posted:

It didn’t really seem like they were fishing drama out of it to me; Some girls asked for information and she clammed up. Why go on the show and tell the world you want to be known as the first Muslim queen if you are so averse to talking about it at all? If your first reaction to getting a chance for some screen time is “naaaah, actually I’m going to go walk away and refuse to talk,” maybe reality TV wasn’t the right avenue for you. She is Kandy Ho levels of “why are you even here”

Maybe she changed her mind about how much she wanted to discuss it between filming and the press tour/MTQ?

To me, it she seems like she's been pretty consistent in wanting to say "I am Muslim and queer and here" and not a lot else about her views, but also said a lot about how important her immigrant identity is to her, so I am happy for her to share whatever she's comfortable with sharing :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Jr. posted:

If the opportunity arises and you can go to a drag show, do

I'm so happy for you :neckbeard:

Going to local shows makes me feel alive!

LA, NYC, Chicago, SF, and Miami all have shows literally every night. Other vibrant cities include Austin, Milwaukee, Denver, Jersey City, Houston, Boston, and Nashville- but this isn't an exhaustive list! I'm just trying to say that if you pass through a major US city, there's a good chance that you'll be able to take in a show. :) People promote their shows on social media, so check location tagged Instagram/FB/Twitter when you're traveling!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

it's shuga and plastique, I checked the Wikipedia article

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Those were made using a Snapchat lens - cool, right? :)

Rumor has it that the finale is going to be recorded on Monday. Be careful if you want to avoid spoilers!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Pinwiz11 posted:

Seriously? They're taping it before they show the final elimination?

Time to bring this back as a warning:

All I know is that my friends who read the spoiler subreddit have heard something about the finale on Monday, and all of the people I know who are connected to S11 queens are ~*suddenly*~ making trips to LA, so I think it's likely.

Also someone said 'oh, I'm doing [x]'s costume for the finale, I can't believe it's in just about 3 weeks!!' roughly 3 weeks ago, so I guess there's that!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

jit bull transpile posted:

Were in the same boat. We're going to stop watching rpdr and get more involved in our local scene. Dragula for life.

jit bull transpile posted:

Were in the same boat. We're going to stop watching rpdr and get more involved in our local scene. Dragula for life.

I'm involved in my local drag scene and it's the best decision I've ever made. I can still enjoy the TV show, but I can enjoy it in a new way, and I can directly contribute to the artists I admire! who can ask for anything more?
Plus I've made lots of cool art loving friends with good senses of humor!

Who are some local queens you'd like to promote, JBT? I'm in Chicago, and I always love to mention the popular performers like Lucy Stoole, Aunty Chan, Chamilla Foxx, Bambi Banks Coulee and Kat Sass, but I also have to call out up and coming performers like Masha Potato, Lo-ti-on, Denali, Xo Carrington, and Ari Gato! :)
I can literally go on all day, there are so many brilliant people here! :swoon:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

They had the top four on a poster for the event!

We almost know who wins! :) So exciting.

It will be fun to use this thread as a general drag chat in the off season.
Personally, I'm really excited for Alaska's pageant the weekend of dragcon :swoon:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

tote up a bags posted:

IDK if I can be bothered to watch this week's ep, what were the highlights?

Todrick was nice to people.

The plot focused on Brooke and Vanjie's relationship, and Silky and Yvie reconciling. (I may have mixed in some of untucked's plot.) Everyone talked about self esteem on Ru's podcast.

The top 5 each did a verse to a RuPaul track and single take choreo.

Akeria and Brooke were fine, but Brooke was called out by the judges for being too prissy. Silky had a little trouble getting up from the floor but the rest of her routine was nice. Yvie had a strong verse and impressive choreography. Vanjie struggled.
Runway was "best drag" and everyone looked cool!
Brooke and Vanjie lip synced in the bottom 2, and it was close. Vanjie's performance suited the song better, but Brooke's technical ability and track record kept her on the show. Vanjie went home in a delightful exit sequence.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

alf_pogs posted:

Ru also dropping a bunch of "facts are not feelings" poo poo felt like a weird reminder of ben shapiro's existence in the middle of drag race

to be fair, this is also a common phrase in therapy when dealing with feelings of inadequacy, and ru DOES love her some therapy mantras!

end Ben Shapiro immediately, btw

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

wow, tviv mod! congrats!

looking forward to watching the viewing party at Roscoe's tonight! :yum: I love that crowd!

it's a little wild to hear that they're starting filming for as5 in the next week or two. also, dragula 3 is airing this fall! and we are likely to get rpdruk in weeks!

AND everyone is about to lose their darned mind for prize month!

the drag shows JUST DON'T STOP! :supaburn:

e: also, if you're in the Midwest, do check out the upcoming drag festival: Chicago's A Drag from A Queer Pride productions 🌈

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

I wanted Brooke to win so we would get an all Star season of yvie looks, but at least now I can brag that my hairstylist styles the hair of an rpdr winner :cool: I am so happy for everyone! team yvie!!!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

If anyone wants to read the likely AS5 cast, people have pretty good guesses based on who canceled their pride month gigs!
imo it looks like it will be a good season :)

isn't it wild that people have such an idea before filming even begins? a little unnerving, but it's a gossipy subculture :v:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

esperterra posted:

AS5 starts filming on Monday lmao

my favorite (?) part is when people estimate placement based on when someone shows up on Grindr in LA... like, it's kind of stalking, y'all...

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

This was an exchange in the last episode of AS4. It is ironic, because Adam likes naturalness and Trixie's drag character is very unnatural.
The escape goat said that they liked that exchange and it stood out to them. :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

https://twitter.com/thedixielynn/status/1139906470294818818

Alexis Bevels Skating Alone: It's Retro, It's Fun, It's French Fries

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Pinwiz11 posted:

Dixie and Auntie Chan have a web show??? :allears:

Yes!!! IMHO (in my homosexual opinion)!
If you like Chicago's non-rpdr queens, do check out the following:

Real Dragwives Of Chicago, a 10 minute short starring T Rex, Aunty Chan, Maureen San Diego, Saltine, and Bambi Banks Coulee

Chicago Reader's cover story about Lucy Stoole

Chicago Reader: The rise of the viral drag queens (featuring Lo-ti-on, Chan's drag daughter and a thrillingly creative and funny queen; and Derry Queen, who is a delightful performer uniting Chicago's improv scene and drag scene)

And if you're in the Midwest, try to check out the Chicago's a Drag Festival, from the same small party planning collective that produced the skate party in the video! (it was absolutely bumping later that night, for the record.)

I'm VERY biased in favor of all of these people, so forgive me if I gush, but Chicago has a beautiful drag community- I want to share with everyone, and thanks to its internet presence, I can :3:

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

If you've only been impressed by one king, do check out Tenderoni (fun 90s dance king), Andro Gin (makeup and aesthetics king, Disney/DreamWorks villain come to life), and Spikey can Dykey (cool performance king)!

Personally, my dream rpdr makeover challenge is making over either drag Kings or a reverse makeover with afab queens (like Kat Sass, Venus Envy, or Creme Fatale). :allears:

drag is so cool and I love how many forms of it exist

Hug in a Can fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 13, 2019

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

THAT'S MY FRIEND AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Denali is fantastic. Great dancer. Great performer. Beautiful. Great person. Follow her.
https://instagram.com/denalifoxx

e: flips
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzDyj15FlU6/

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

notaspy posted:

Does anyone know if the tickets will be available for the drag race uk finale?

The finale was recorded at the end of filming :(

This means that the top few queens are known- careful for spoilers, and whatever you do, do not stan Baga Chipz, conservative mouthpiece:
http://boyz.co.uk/the-election-david-robson-and-baga-chipz/

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

The Tea podcast with T Rex (nee Trannika Rex) and Lucky Stiff has been recording more episodes with rugirls and Dragula Demons lately- they just posted a lovely, insightful episode with April Carrion on Monday, and there are episodes with Brooke Lynn Heights and Latrice Royale coming up!

Of course, as a Chicago based podcast, they've already done episodes with Shea Coulee, Laila McQueen, Dida Ritz and The Vixen- but they've also had episodes featuring Art Simone, Detox, Vander von Odd, Jasmine Masters, Naomi Smalls, Trixie Mattel, Yvie Oddly (post s11 filming, but pre cast announcement) They often feature queens from other cities and countries, providing a whole lot of insight as to how different scenes operate.

Check them out on your favorite podcast catcher :)
If you want to know about the business side, I love the episode with Bon Abhijeet for info on how Chicago works and the episode with Gigi Aricheta for insight to the Filipino drag scene!
For entertainment, I love the recent episode with Abhora and the episode with Meatball from this past March!
https://thetea.podbean.com

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

ICHIBAHN posted:

Oh my god Alaska's laugh on Hot Goss. Yuuuck yuck yuck.

What makes it gross? I haven't listened to that podcast in a minute!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Americans: Today Hulu added several seasons of RPDR to its streaming library. :) Check it out if you're subscribed!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

for anyone in Chicago, the IMHO/Details crew (Aunty Chan, Dixie Lynn Cartwright, Alexis Bevels, Dida Ritz) doing viewing parties for RPDR UK starting tonight. :) I'm sure it will be fun. They're all lovely.

https://twitter.com/alexisbevels/status/1179792488997031938?s=21

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Just like the way S12 of RPDR is rumored to have a TON of NYC queens... and none from Chicago! <:mad:>

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Thread fave and Chicago icon Dixie Lynn Cartwright got engaged!!

https://twitter.com/thedixielynn/status/1200968936851988481?s=21

There’s also a new episode of a goofy Chicago queen short, Real Dragwives Of Chicago! Please watch it after congratulating sweet Dixie :)

https://youtu.be/tjD_3RsUQ3U

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

A God drat Ghost posted:

So I've been out of the loop, when's the next season airing? I expected a season of all stars to come out this winter sometime soon, before the next regular season. Is that correct?

They haven't announced any dates yet, but AS5 and S12 have filmed, and they just opened casting for S13.
Based on this and based on the previous airing schedule, we would expect to hear dates and details before the end of December.
Viacom is undergoing a merger, so the spoiler discussion subs seem to think that the show might change networks again. This complicates things, and may contribute to the fact that we haven't heard anything yet. We'll see!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

angerbeet posted:

Drag Race Canada has also filmed, is probably in post now, and will come some time in 2020.

They don't have the merger issue to deal with, I don't think.

Oh, they're in no threat of cancellation, I just meant that the merger might make it harder to determine what exactly they're going to announce! :) You can't say "1/30 on VH1- NVM 1/24 on showtime- wait actually it's 2/14 on VH1-" you have to have it decided!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

esperterra posted:

A glamorous muscle queen super nerd is a very special thing and we must cherish it.

Sounds like you might enjoy the work of Miss Toto!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Brvmz12hprz/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4yH-mRpf9V/

https://youtu.be/faff8fLoy-c

Very big, very strong, very glamorous, and also nerdy :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Poulpe posted:

Why uncomfortable? Was it the "all our fans want us to bang" stuff?

Katya had a relapse during filming the documentary. It was very bad!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

I remember several thread regulars are big IMHO fans, and that many people enjoyed Denali's Linda Belcher number. So here's Denali with the IMHO girls!!

https://youtu.be/qngm5hCW8NQ

I treasure all of this :)

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

Rumor has it that some sort of RPDR Live show is on the horizon. 👀
It's been dry for a minute but we are all about to DROWN in content for this show!

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

angerbeet posted:

Isn't the live show the Vegas thing? They took over Donny Osmond's residency.

They think it's a TV program tied into the residency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

!!! lo-ti-on is from Chicago and she is AMAZING!

That's from Plot Twist, Chicago's big comedy show. Another recent highlight was Neutral Gena's Ariana Grande CTA number:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B7mXD7-JfeG/?igshid=zz92tvmlrexv

Lo-ti-on is sweet and funny and hard-working and I'm a fan of her and I'm huge, enthusiastic fan of Chicago's drag scene. I'm always happy to share more recs and performance clips :holy:

big dyke energy posted:

I still haven't watched the Meet the Queens, but going from the ruveal and promo looks I feel like this season has a really solid crop. I'm already rooting so hard for Rock M Sakura, that ruveal look was AMAZING.

Instead of watching the drag race stuff I've been absolutely obsessed with this queen I saw on twitter:

https://twitter.com/misslubriderm/status/1230186912821981185?s=20