Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

the escape goat posted:

"Thick and juicy" or something.

Side note it would be pretty fuckin' rad if big girls would stop using that as their only personality trait.

Please don't give me eureka flashbacks

Eureka and to some extent aquaria being given massive passes for their shittier performances because of ~narrative~ is what ended up making me lose interest in S10. I really hope that stops happening and drag Race becomes more like DRT but who knows at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

jit bull transpile posted:

I thought a bunch of her runways were way less impressive than the judges were saying. Her mermaid look was cheap looking and poorly fitted imo, for example. She's talented and in no way illegitimate but I think her supposed domination is way oversold.

Basically this. I actually loved the mermaid look because it was a great concept, but the one that sticks in my mind is that global warming themed runway where she came out with a lightning bolt taped on her chest and people called it fine art lol. She's talented and crafty but i thought she was pretty bland overall, I deeply wish Asia hadn't self-combusted at the finale

I'm still more pissed about Eureka making it to the top despite absolutely not deserving it,there were several times I thought she should have lipsynced

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Oh wait poo poo I forgot to ask, what's that trick ppl were using to watch each episode live

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

iirc VH1 doesn't bother to verify unique emails or whatever so you can use the "sign up for a 24 hour viewing pass" on their website but I haven't needed to try it bc for some reason the australian off-brand netflix that has a bunch of poo poo I like exclusively carries drag race

Yeah this was it thanks

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Scarlet looks weird and for that I love her
And her entrance look is cute imo :(

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Soju ☹️ don't admit to your death sentence

Oh my god what. Miley's disguise is so bad

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
I don't give a poo poo what the queens say I love silky and I hope she stays. So earnest. Also she actually knows how to play a reality show lol

LMAO at Miley trying to be a wise mentor. Everyone trying to say nice things about her

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Those were all pretty underwhelming I thought, except for vangie, silky and yvie

Definitely no huge disasters but also nothing that fantastic

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm surprised that Plastique is in the top, her look is so middle of the road, and she seemed so awkward on stage.

Yeah this I agree with, looking back over it the looks are better than I thought at first but plastique's is definitively mediocre

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Yeah that was a pretty crummy lipsync

This episode was kind of a weak start to the season imo, the S9 and S10 premieres were far more fun

And I don't think it was entirely the queens' fault, although a lot of them seem kind of anxious or insecure. The mini challenge was bleh and the maxi challenge was confusing, like they're not even trying to mimic a former queen's look? Just using a bunch of material they owned? Why not go all the way and make it a grab-bag garbage runway, that would be more entertaining

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 1, 2019

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Yeah I heard about that too, although I was waiting to bring it up until more concrete stuff came up

It sucks bcs I liked silky more than most but not if this turns out to be true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Whalley posted:

It's a big cast, but it's a cast of a bunch of drag queens who say "oh I don't like halloween or spooky things" and they're being forced to do misogynistic musicals. My partner finished watching the last episode with me and went into an extended rant about how weirdly fuckin' heteronormative this show about an aspect of gay culture has become.

Also, Michelle did the stupid "you looked amazing but I didn't see your personality" line to the obvious winner, and the obvious runner up in Scarlet was only 'safe' because everyone had to suck boring lynn heights' dick again for, what, one good look? Uuugghhhh I wish I didn't care about this dumb fuckin' show as much as I do, this season's making me really angry and I want it to stop taking up space in my brain.

:hfive:
drag race thailand is fun at least. but i wish there were more mainstream drag or drag-adjacent shows that didn't come with stupid sexist baggage and just let the performers make dresses, look beautiful, and perform. a part of my gay heart still wants to like the show bcs i don't get the things it does well anywhere else, but those things have been increasingly dwindling in frequency