Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

I know this is the March thread, but it's still afternoon in February for me. Thank god I got a new job and can afford my low carb poo poo for the diet and exercise plan I'm trying to get back on the wagon for.

I hear ya. The lady wants to get back into Keto so I decided to try it with her, and not being able to stretch a bunch of rice, pasta, tortillas, bread, etc. out over a week is already starting to hurt my wallet. I just spent like $35 last night on avocados, eggs, bacon, and other veggies because the two recipes I had hoped would last the week for lunches and dinners lasted me three days. (And I can't even eat the avocados because they didn't have any that were ripe enough yet so I had to cobble together an adult lunchable out of cheese, bacon, and salami :argh:)

E: Why TF have all of my recent posts been snypes or the bottom of the page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

T-Square posted:

I hear ya. The lady wants to get back into Keto so I decided to try it with her, and not being able to stretch a bunch of rice, pasta, tortillas, bread, etc. out over a week is already starting to hurt my wallet. I just spent like $35 last night on avocados, eggs, bacon, and other veggies because the two recipes I had hoped would last the week for lunches and dinners lasted me three days. (And I can't even eat the avocados because they didn't have any that were ripe enough yet so I had to cobble together an adult lunchable out of cheese, bacon, and salami :argh:)

E: Why TF have all of my recent posts been snypes or the bottom of the page

I hate that the food I eat is so gross on keto, I try to make real meals out of real food, but I feel like a loving child when I have lunch meat, celery, and mayo as a meal because I'm in a hurry

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I don't do keto but on days where I don't work out I cut my carbs down, when I'm really lazy I just do ground turkey + taco seasoning and put it on a bed of greens or one of those pre-made salad bags. Cheap, easy, and not some weird goony abomination that you used to see in the keto threads.

Maybe the taco seasoning has too many carbs? You can make your own easily though.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

MomJeans420 posted:

I don't do keto but on days where I don't work out I cut my carbs down, when I'm really lazy I just do ground turkey + taco seasoning and put it on a bed of greens or one of those pre-made salad bags. Cheap, easy, and not some weird goony abomination that you used to see in the keto threads.

Maybe the taco seasoning has too many carbs? You can make your own easily though.

I did exactly this Mon-Wed this week. I just seasoned turkey and threw it over a bed of chopped romaine, with shredded cheese, sour cream, and homemade pico. Was really tasty, but 1lb of ground turkey didn't last long at all. Also it was mildly annoying transporting multiple baggies and tupperware cups back and forth between work.

The Door Frame posted:

I hate that the food I eat is so gross on keto, I try to make real meals out of real food, but I feel like a loving child when I have lunch meat, celery, and mayo as a meal because I'm in a hurry

Also, this. I was eating my dumb "lunchable" out of my lunch bag instead of taking everything out because I'm dumb and think people actually give a poo poo what I'm eating :shobon:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Darchangel posted:

"Memory foam" is latex foam.

That's not entirely true. "Memory foam" is a dark, dark rabbit hole to go down, especially with mattresses.

We have an Ikea latex foam mattress it's very firm compared to what was on the showroom (probably because the showroom gets hundreds of asses on it up and down every day for months). So we got a memory foam topper that made the mrs. happy. I couldn't care less either way, but yeah, memory foam is a thing that is tough to define. Latex is a type of memory foam, maybe, but that depends on who you ask.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

meatpimp posted:

That's not entirely true. "Memory foam" is a dark, dark rabbit hole to go down, especially with mattresses.

We have an Ikea latex foam mattress it's very firm compared to what was on the showroom (probably because the showroom gets hundreds of asses on it up and down every day for months). So we got a memory foam topper that made the mrs. happy. I couldn't care less either way, but yeah, memory foam is a thing that is tough to define. Latex is a type of memory foam, maybe, but that depends on who you ask.

Sorry, yeah, you're correct. I should have just noted that it meant "foam".
We've got an Ikea foam mattress, and it's OK, I guess. I still haven't figured out exactly what I like in terms of a mattress.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

So yeah, this is from reddit, but a damned good example of why you use JACK STANDS when getting under a car.

The pictures of his injury are gnarly and he's lucky to be alive. And of course a Tesla tried to kill him:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/avv5ni/safety_first_my_head_after_sticking_it_under_a/

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Re: mattress chat, a latex mattress is essentially a big slab of rubber with some air whipped into it, and then punched with a series of holes that determine how firm or soft it is.

My wife and I bought the top latex mattress Ikea was selling after we got married in 2009. Even at 10 years old it's like brand new when you flip it - which is another benefit over memory foam, you can flip and rotate them. They do tend to be more firm than your average mattress, but after nearly 10 years I find myself missing it whenever I sleep away from home.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Geoj posted:

Re: mattress chat, a latex mattress is essentially a big slab of rubber with some air whipped into it, and then punched with a series of holes that determine how firm or soft it is.

My wife and I bought the top latex mattress Ikea was selling after we got married in 2009. Even at 10 years old it's like brand new when you flip it - which is another benefit over memory foam, you can flip and rotate them. They do tend to be more firm than your average mattress, but after nearly 10 years I find myself missing it whenever I sleep away from home.

Mattress Chat: I bought a cheap double-density mattress-shape slab of foam from a company directly trading on eBay.

Best mattress ever. Wasn't expecting much for £100 but it drat well saved my back. I also added an electric blanket for the winters.

It's awesome and I too miss it when i'm away.

meltie fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 1, 2019

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Geoj posted:

Ikea mattresses are really good, they have so many different types and they all come with a 25 year guarantee for not much cash. I almost regret buying the one I did because it's simply too loving comfortable and I now find it hard to get out of bed :v:

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

T-Square posted:

I did exactly this Mon-Wed this week. I just seasoned turkey and threw it over a bed of chopped romaine, with shredded cheese, sour cream, and homemade pico. Was really tasty, but 1lb of ground turkey didn't last long at all. Also it was mildly annoying transporting multiple baggies and tupperware cups back and forth between work.

I always just put the cooked turkey into serving sized vacuum sealed bags, then bring in a bag of premixed salad. Cut the corner off the bag and microwave, then combine with the salad. But yeah, 1lb is only 2 meals for me, so I find myself doing at least 2lbs in batches each time.

meatpimp posted:

So yeah, this is from reddit, but a damned good example of why you use JACK STANDS when getting under a car.

The pictures of his injury are gnarly and he's lucky to be alive. And of course a Tesla tried to kill him:

That first pic looks pretty gnarly, then you see his link to the other pics and it gets intense. Doesn't start off that bad, but holy poo poo.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
JFC that is amazing he lived

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

My offer from the February chat thread still stands for a few more hours!

MrChips posted:

I made a donation to my local women's shelter, and I'm going to do one more thing - for every person who posts a donation receipt in this thread between now and February 28th, I will make an additional donation of one dollar each. I don't care if you donate one dollar or one million dollars, it will still count.

Also, RE: mattress chat; if you are a very hot sleeper like I am, don't buy a memory foam or latex mattress, you will hate yourself. Even mattresses that purport to be "cooling memory foam" really are not. I demoed one last year and found it was so hot, even in my cool bedroom, that I was uncomfortably hot even with just a thin blanket.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Squished his head just enough to break the cranium, but not enough to actually mangle his brain. Hopefully he’ll use said brain more often now.
Frightening. I’ve been under a car when it slipped on the jack stands. Didn’t go far enough to crush me, but my hand got caught between the rear axle and the frame when the suspension compressed. That *really* hurt, but thankfully didn’t break anything. Just really deep bruises. I did scare the bejesus out of me, though. I already always used jack stands, but wheel chocks every time, now, too.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

glyph posted:

Kickin' this along to march:

Just noticing that his Original, Goldmined thread is comprised of images HE hosts.

Is there an enterprising [i.e. not computer functionally inept like myself] one of you, that has a script or something to rip the images and catalog which is which so when he eventually ragequits they can be restored and the thread won't be forever lost to the aether?

While you're at it, check out his site- https://www.masterjstudios.com (not hotlinking intentionally, you're going to have to c/p that one- check the photos, THREE hot females dancing!!!) Suddenly it all makes a little more sense. I think.

E:

Ah. He's a DJ, that explains everything.

The sad thing is, the actual design of the bathroom isn't that bad. The layout of the floor, the shower, counters, etc, is fine.
Loose the garish color scheme, put a normal tub in there, rotate the bench in the shower 90*, and get rid of the chandelier and put some regular lighting in there, and it's fine.

But I suppose then he wouldn't be able to impress da ladiez with his "unique vision"

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
IKEA latex mattress slab crew checking in. Memory foam is hot as hell, our latex one is not. Our mattress is literally a slab of latex, it doesn't have a pillow top or anything, just a nice cool slab of latex. Wife and I also sleep so well in our own bed that we miss it when we aren't home, even if we are staying at a Four Seasons or whatever.

So hey you guys are smarter than I am, here is a question:

I've got a 1993 Honda Acty Street van that will idle quite high when cold (I'm in Florida so 'cold' means like 60F at the coolest) but as soon as the temp starts to seep into the engine it settles down seemingly directly related to heat in the engine, to the point where when the car is warmed up it idles perfectly. It will slowly idle down as the van reaches operating temp. Temperatures themselves are perfect and the van operates normally, warming up in the normal amount of time and settling at the normal spot on the temp gauge, heat working just fine. Throttle response and everything is completely perfect even with the high idle. Since it IS an Acty though it's a carbureted engine, NOT fuel injected. The carb does have a couple of solenoids (which I've already replaced) and a few other things that I guess aren't normally on a carb:

This is the exploded diagram of the carb. 11 and 13 are the solenoids that have been replaced already (inexpensive and something I did on my other Acty). The part that interests me and is connected to the cooling system is part 31 up there, that double-tube cylinder has coolant lines to and from it off those tubes. The whole 31 assembly translates to "Valve kit, Thermowax". Since everything warms up too slow for my eyes to see if the butterfly valves are changing in real time as it warms up I'm not sure if this is actually what I'm after, or if its something else in the cooling line since it has to be related to temperature.

Basically, could something like a thermostat cause an issue like this? It's perfectly reproducible. If cold, idles at like 3k RPM till it starts to warm up then it slowly drops idle till it settles at just under 1k, where it should be. If I shut it off then turn it back on while there is still enough heat in the engine it will start and idle perfectly fine. If I turn it off while it's cold it will idle high when I turn it back on, since no heat.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
My biggest question is why isn't STR writing for jalopnik. He has SO MANY words and those goobers love op ed pieces about weirdo GM products and the never-ending struggle to keep them alive.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

bolind posted:

Truth.

Truer truth.

Last day at old job today, and subsequently, first day at new job tomorrow. It’s with a bunch of people I know, so it’ll be fun I think. First business decision: 1Gb or 10Gb internet connection?

What's your home networking setup like? No sense in a 10Gb pipe if everything in the house is wired 1Gb.

InitialDave posted:

Why not just accept that they're all either like that or heading that way, use it as a negotiation point, and fix it?

What is it that makes Jeeps suffer from it more than other live axle stuff? I've driven a Landie with it, but it was hosed. Do they have a very borderline castor/trail/scrub radius relationship inherent to the suspension design?

Yeah, negotiate down. XJ suspensions aren't exactly expensive anyway, and you can probably fix it with something simple. Also, are you talking actual death wobble or just 'the steering stabilizer is shot and the wheel shakes after a heavy bump'? Bump steering is pretty much a given if anyone's hosed with the suspension at all or it's just old and tired.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 1, 2019

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

KakerMix posted:

Basically, could something like a thermostat cause an issue like this? It's perfectly reproducible. If cold, idles at like 3k RPM till it starts to warm up then it slowly drops idle till it settles at just under 1k, where it should be. If I shut it off then turn it back on while there is still enough heat in the engine it will start and idle perfectly fine. If I turn it off while it's cold it will idle high when I turn it back on, since no heat.

Your thermostat is fine.

What's #12 there? It looks like an idle adjustment of some kind, and since it goes between the cold idle valve and the rest of the carb, you may need to mess with that a bit.

I'm not sure what Honda WANTS it to idle at, but I know my carb'd Accord idled at about 2k when cold (2500 when really really cold). Any idea what the cold idle is supposed to be? It may be on a sticker in the engine bay (probably not English, but the numbers will be recognizable as RPM specs). It's possible Honda designed it to actually idle that high when cold, since it's such a small engine.

Weird not seeing a choke on the OEM carb tho, that valve is something else. I guess this was the very last of the carb version?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

MC Hawking posted:

My biggest question is why isn't STR writing for jalopnik. He has SO MANY words and those goobers love op ed pieces about weirdo GM products and the never-ending struggle to keep them alive.

I would 100% read a Jalopnik article serialization of the Saturd adventures.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I'd like to think I'm a little above random Jalopnik articles.

I mean... they used to have DOUG DEMURO writing for them.

Darchangel posted:

I'm about to have someone do my roof, I think. Still $$ details to work out. I was going to do it myself with friends/family, but coordinating all that, buying the stuff myself, bleh. Did the roof on the shed myself just fine, but it's only a 200 sq.ft. building. I feel like I can do it myself, but it would just be a ballbuster and take too long. Roofing crew can knock it out in a weekend, and do a better job, most likely. Definitely not interested in removing the old two layers of shingles.
Between the sewer line and the roof, I probably could have bought a decent used truck...

Also, roofing crew will warranty it, and insurance will be a lot more likely to cover it if hail happened to drop by for a visit.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

STR posted:

Your thermostat is fine.

What's #12 there? It looks like an idle adjustment of some kind, and since it goes between the cold idle valve and the rest of the carb, you may need to mess with that a bit.

I'm not sure what Honda WANTS it to idle at, but I know my carb'd Accord idled at about 2k when cold (2500 when really really cold). Any idea what the cold idle is supposed to be? It may be on a sticker in the engine bay (probably not English, but the numbers will be recognizable as RPM specs). It's possible Honda designed it to actually idle that high when cold, since it's such a small engine.

Weird not seeing a choke on the OEM carb tho, that valve is something else. I guess this was the very last of the carb version?

All it says is 1000 rpm is the idle speed. I've had another Acty just like this and I can tell you with certainty that it is not supposed to idle that high, between 3 and 4k rpm is where the power is, even if the tach goes to 9.5k. There was a fast idle for a little bit as the temp started rolling in and it settled like on all cars, but never that high.
Good call on the #12 there, I can mess with it tomorrow and see since it will be cold.

As for carburetors, JDM stuff goes deep into old-school territory, well into the 90s. That goofy yellow Bongo I have? The 1991? It has drum brakes. On the front. It's also carb'd. If I had a Toyota LiteAce truck I could have all that PLUS a 5 speed column shift. For the Actys I imagine they went until they changed the engine over, or maybe they just adapted fuel injection on to it. The carb'd ones do have this plastic enclosure that goes over them and the inside stays pristine as a result.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

MC Hawking posted:

STR has self respect

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
I keep seeing brand new Suzuki Jimnys (Jimmies?) driving around in fun colours. I want one.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

STR has self respect

are you sure? he drives weirdo GM products that he struggles to keep alive :v:

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

slothrop posted:

I keep seeing brand new Suzuki Jimnys (Jimmies?) driving around in fun colours. I want one.

i would do unholy things for one tbh, i havent felt this way about a new car since i was 10 and the vx commodore ss launched

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

STR has self respect

Have you been reading his posts?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

slothrop posted:

I really hope it brings Suzuki back to the US, I love Suzuki's so much. And the Jimny is cheap as hell, like <$20k new

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

KakerMix posted:

All it says is 1000 rpm is the idle speed. I've had another Acty just like this and I can tell you with certainty that it is not supposed to idle that high, between 3 and 4k rpm is where the power is, even if the tach goes to 9.5k. There was a fast idle for a little bit as the temp started rolling in and it settled like on all cars, but never that high.
Good call on the #12 there, I can mess with it tomorrow and see since it will be cold.

As for carburetors, JDM stuff goes deep into old-school territory, well into the 90s. That goofy yellow Bongo I have? The 1991? It has drum brakes. On the front. It's also carb'd. If I had a Toyota LiteAce truck I could have all that PLUS a 5 speed column shift. For the Actys I imagine they went until they changed the engine over, or maybe they just adapted fuel injection on to it. The carb'd ones do have this plastic enclosure that goes over them and the inside stays pristine as a result.
Is that the idle speed the engine should be set at generally, or the idle speed at which adjustments should be made per the specs given? The latter makes more sense in this context.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
What's a fair price for a 6x12 single axle enclosed trailer?
My buddy is borrowing mine. I told him he could borrow it indefinitely, but now he wants to get it wrapped with his business logo, so he wants to throw cash at me.
I don't want to give it away, but I don't want him to feel obligated to buy something he can't afford either. I'm thinking about just asking him what price he was considering.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

KakerMix posted:

So hey you guys are smarter than I am, here is a question:

I've got a 1993 Honda Acty Street van that will idle quite high when cold (I'm in Florida so 'cold' means like 60F at the coolest) but as soon as the temp starts to seep into the engine it settles down seemingly directly related to heat in the engine, to the point where when the car is warmed up it idles perfectly. It will slowly idle down as the van reaches operating temp. Temperatures themselves are perfect and the van operates normally, warming up in the normal amount of time and settling at the normal spot on the temp gauge, heat working just fine. Throttle response and everything is completely perfect even with the high idle. Since it IS an Acty though it's a carbureted engine, NOT fuel injected. The carb does have a couple of solenoids (which I've already replaced) and a few other things that I guess aren't normally on a carb:

This is the exploded diagram of the carb. 11 and 13 are the solenoids that have been replaced already (inexpensive and something I did on my other Acty). The part that interests me and is connected to the cooling system is part 31 up there, that double-tube cylinder has coolant lines to and from it off those tubes. The whole 31 assembly translates to "Valve kit, Thermowax". Since everything warms up too slow for my eyes to see if the butterfly valves are changing in real time as it warms up I'm not sure if this is actually what I'm after, or if its something else in the cooling line since it has to be related to temperature.

The thermowax thing is most likely what's causing what you describe, but I would argue that it's doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing. Mazda RX-7s have a similar system, though I think that one bumps the throttle plate. What RPM is it supposed to cold idle at? There may be an adjustment specifically for that. It looks like the Thermowax just opens and closes an air bleed on yours, probably, and there could be an adjustment for that.

fake edit: what STR said.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

What's a fair price for a 6x12 single axle enclosed trailer?
My buddy is borrowing mine. I told him he could borrow it indefinitely, but now he wants to get it wrapped with his business logo, so he wants to throw cash at me.
I don't want to give it away, but I don't want him to feel obligated to buy something he can't afford either. I'm thinking about just asking him what price he was considering.

Depends on the cargo weight capacity, what kind of shape it's in, whether it has brakes, and extra features like a side door or interior lights.

$2k-3k

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Look for comparable trailers for sale and get a feel for what they're asking prices are, then discount however much you feel like.

With regards to business with friends, I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't count pennies and with a good friendship it comes out even in the end. With the offer to lend indefinitely it sounds like they're a good enough friend to sell at a good discount without worrying too much if you're giving it away.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

bolind posted:

First business decision: 1Gb or 10Gb internet connection?

What's the cost difference between the two? What's the upload difference between the two? How many people are working/going to be working there? Is the type of business internet dependent? Is upload or download more a factor for you? What will you be using it for? What type of infrastructure do you currently have/are willing to move to given cost vs time? Are you doing a standard server/workstation type of network situation or are you going to VM the hell out of a server(s) and use shitboxes for remote desktop access via VPN, or CLOUUUUUUD it up and use shitboxes for remote desktop access? Additionally, if you go cloud/vmvpn route, what type of internet connections do other workers expect to be using for remote access?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
10 gig is nice but overkill for most stuff unless you have really big data. I have 10 gig in my shop but its only due to moving files in the tera-peta range. way overkill for giga range unless you have a decent amount of (l)users all simultaneously doing stuff

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
1G. Unless you can show me 1yr of previous bandwidth utilization at 90% and 6m of projected projects requiring cloud storage. You might see if the provider will deliver 10G to the CPE and only hand out 1G.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

sneakyfrog posted:

10 gig is nice but overkill for most stuff unless you have really big data. I have 10 gig in my shop but its only due to moving files in the tera-peta range. way overkill for giga range unless you have a decent amount of (l)users all simultaneously doing stuff

If you have the space, have you ever compressed a poo poo ton of data into 1 petafile?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

keykey posted:

If you have the space, have you ever compressed a poo poo ton of data into 1 petafile?

Feels like there’s a “To Catch A Predator” joke here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thought I'd bounce this off you guys before I posted it in DIY

I got the toilet back in the master and while the flange repair works (yay!) the supply valve has started leaking at the knob. When open it's about 3 drops per minute, when closed it's about 1 drop a minute. I have a bucket there for now and it cranked closed so I don't have to dump it every other hour.

What kind of repair am I looking at here? Is there a rubber grommet inside this valve? Am I gonna have to replace the entire valve or is there an easier fix? I will do whatever is the best option, just never done plumbing bullshit before.

Edit: A little googling told me I can shut off the main, and check to condition of interior washers. Sounds like a good idea?

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Bajaha posted:

Look for comparable trailers for sale and get a feel for what they're asking prices are, then discount however much you feel like.

With regards to business with friends, I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't count pennies and with a good friendship it comes out even in the end. With the offer to lend indefinitely it sounds like they're a good enough friend to sell at a good discount without worrying too much if you're giving it away.

I did. There's only comps from dealers though.
I'm gonna look and see if I still have my bill of sale for it and just ask for whatever I paid for it. I believe I got a hella good deal on it, I bought it 2 years ago, and only used it a couple times to move into my house, and clean out my dad's house in Texas.