Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

drat.

I finished watching EtV just now after starting it last night. I wanted a film I would fall asleep to and it ended up mesmerizing me so much I was riveted, and then I noticed the fucker is like two and a half hours long and I have to be up for work in a few hours, so I picked a spot halfway through and "paused" it. Turns out this was the best way for me to handle a film like that; had I watched it all in one go I'd have probably become exasperated by the end, with it being so dreamy and long, and a few reviews I've read of people expressing exactly that emotion serve to confirm that I'm probably right there. Splitting it into two viewing sessions kept it fresh and wow that ending.

So I immediately want to watch the next thing this guy made, and am slightly gutted to find that the first opinion I find about it is

atrus50 posted:

It is absolutely not as good imo. However I wanna say it's worth seeing for Noe's virtuoso camera operating alone, and its definitely less grueling than enter the void. It's def not as big of a time commitment

- but this poo poo is so utterly subjective that one opinion is just that. I've poured myself a Sangria whiskey, and am about to settle in and watch Climax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU