Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
He Truly Was
a The Dark Id

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Man, I guess the transformation to Anime Mom really takes it out of your stats.

Thanks for this and the rest of them. Take care of yourself.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Thank you for all the Let's Plays, Id.

Congratulations on finishing this monster of a game, and thank you.

Please take care, and please celebrate.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Much obliged for everything, Id. Your LPs were also part of why I joined way back when; it was a bumpy ride, but what a ride.

Mootiman
May 9, 2005
Thanks so much for years of entertainment!

zealouscub
Feb 18, 2020
And it's finally over, thanks for the ride ID, glad but sad the cursed lp is done.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ImpAtom posted:

My assumption with the "lol karin is your mom" thing was mostly that they were setting up for the prequel game they wanted to do and could include her in it.

Pretty depressing her plot boils down to "is murdered by zombies controlled by a dude who Yuri wrecked when he was like 1/100th as strong as an endgame party member."

In the HD Remake, she goes from getting mooked by one zombie to killing off a huge army of zombies and assorted other hellbeasts before she's worn down and finally killed by a small remaining group of zombies. While sad music plays and her slot machine battle mechanic slowly breaks down and stops working.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Thanks for all your work through the years. Your LPs were in fact one of the reasons I've registered here to begin with.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Thanks for all your hard work over the years, honestly one of your LPs was a big reason why I bought an account for the forums

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

My assumption with the "lol karin is your mom" thing was mostly that they were setting up for the prequel game they wanted to do and could include her in it.

Pretty depressing her plot boils down to "is murdered by zombies controlled by a dude who Yuri wrecked when he was like 1/100th as strong as an endgame party member."

I mean she could have put Dehuai in his place no problem. It would have been cool to play the prequel game as a pseudo-sequel of sorts thanks to Kato's time fuckery. Playing as both Yuri's old man and the other Inugami Harmonixer both being mildly powerful lorewise compared to Yuri would have fit in with how they rebalanced the fusion gameplay mechanics in From the New World to not be nearly as overpowered as they were previously.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Thanks for all of your LPs! Reading them over the years has been a blast.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Thank you for this and all your LPs, and I hope whatever you do finds you loving that poo poo.

Whammiewazzle
Apr 29, 2016

Thanks for all you've done here.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Thanks for the decade of work you put into these Lps.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
So congratulations on finishing up, you can take a long break now.
If you ever want to create another LP and keep the crazy themes, you'll be right at home with Infinite Space.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Thanks for everything, Id.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
Your LPs got me into Drakennier, Chrono Cross and Xenogears. For a time rereading your LPs were an annual ritual for me.

I guess what I'm getting at is: Thank you for playing!

EDIT: The LP of Final Fantasy 10 and the thread gave me new appreciation of that game.

Iceblocks fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 29, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Thanks a bunch, Id. You're a good guy, and I totally understand needing to rest after every lovely thing that happened.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Just posting to say, I've enjoyed pretty much all of your content over the years, Id, even if I don't post much. You've introduced me to a few series, had amazing takes on some of my favorite games, and generally been entertaining.

So if this is the last ride, thanks for everything.

If it isn't... well, you take that well-earned rest and we'll be here when you decide you're ready to love some different poo poo.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Take your long-deserved rest, TDI.

We love your LPs but we'd rather you be safe, healthy, and happy.

Thanks.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Aye, thanks for doing these LPs so far. Followed them since ... Nier, I guess? So thanks for those years!

CuppaGodot
Sep 25, 2007
Destiny is bitter today
Been a long time fan of yours and I still hold the conversation between Serge and ZOAH over ZOAH’s invitation to yet another Norris to join them as one of my favorite bits of comedy dialogue ever. If this is your last run then it went out on a high note so thank you for this and every other LP you’ve gifted us.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Shadow Hearts had to get one last :psyduck: out of me at the end, I guess. That twist was ... something.

Fantastic LP to cap off a fantastic series of LPs. Thanks for the hard work! Consider cleansing all equipment involved in this LP's production with holy water and/or fire!

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Read all of your LP's (and watched Wirehead) and you're one of the main reasons I got an account. It's been a fun ride and if this is the last LP then you went out on a high note.
For anyone wondering why Karin became Yuri's mom I think it was because she loved him but since he loved Alice her wish to love him turned into platonic family love. Hence, she becomes his mom. Admittedly, kind of dumb and weird but this is Shadow Hearts after all.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Come on, it's not really a twist that he'll be inside her. ;)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Now you've made it weird.

Malah
May 18, 2015

It was always weird.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

FalloutFan56 posted:

Read all of your LP's (and watched Wirehead) and you're one of the main reasons I got an account. It's been a fun ride and if this is the last LP then you went out on a high note.
For anyone wondering why Karin became Yuri's mom I think it was because she loved him but since he loved Alice her wish to love him turned into platonic family love. Hence, she becomes his mom. Admittedly, kind of dumb and weird but this is Shadow Hearts after all.

More or less this. Karin wishes to go somewhere where Yuri will love her back. There is no point in the timeline where adult Yuri can love any woman but Alice. But Yuri absolutely loves his mom. Ergo the only way for Karin's wish to be fulfilled is to become Yuri's mom.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Malah posted:

It was always weird.

:thejoke:

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

ZiegeDame posted:

More or less this. Karin wishes to go somewhere where Yuri will love her back. There is no point in the timeline where adult Yuri can love any woman but Alice. But Yuri absolutely loves his mom. Ergo the only way for Karin's wish to be fulfilled is to become Yuri's mom.

Thats like Drakengard levels of twisted, I can see why Id chose to LP this.

Thanks, Id! Been loving this poo poo for a long time.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

ZiegeDame posted:

Karin's also seen the photo by then, so she knows that she's going to do it.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I think it's implied that Karin ended up with Amnesia in the process so it's not as weird as it could've been, still weird.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Glimpse posted:

Thats like Drakengard levels of twisted

not even close, as fulfilling the wish didn't result in anyone dying or worse (yes, Karin would thus die as part of Yuri's backstory, but I'd argue that wasn't a direct consequence of the wish/time travel)

CHIMlord
Jul 1, 2012
Congratulations!

Thanks for all the LP's, Id.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
Thanks for all the amazing LPs Id.
Take care

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Thank you for this, and all of your LPs, TDI.

Truly, you have helped us all love this poo poo.

VirtualBasement
Jun 5, 2006

"Be not afraid..."
Came out of lurking just to say thank you for sharing this thread with us. Whatever happens next, I'm hoping for the best for you. You've earned it.

mega330
Jan 8, 2016
Take care Id, in whatever you do in the future.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
No idea if you're still reading these, but I wanted to say: you've been entertaining me with your quality LPs ever since I've been on these weird forums, and your humor, insight, and essential grasp on character and voice has gotten me through some hard times. May you find the same enjoyment and peace of mine somewhere, and... well, hell, man! Take care, and thanks for all the fish updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Been reading your LPs since Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, you're a treasure Dark ID. Thanks for all the laughs my dude.