Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thanks for this LP! It's been a ride, but also thanks for all the other LPs you've made, especially the Drakengard/Nier series one. It's my favorite series of LPs to read, and I think they are the gold standard of the format.

Hope you will come back for more, but regardless, thank you again and stay safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Thanks again for another amazing, wild ride, Id! It's honestly been a blast watching you power through all these games throughout the years.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I just continued this after stopping a year and a half ago, somehow coincidentally right before the end of the LP, but I would like to say thank for all your effort. Despite hating the gameplay this game looks so fun, I do actually plan to play it myself someday, saving that motivation for the 3rd/4th game though to make sure I see it , so thanks for showing this series off, and being the definitive DrakeNier dude too. Good luck with everything if you do retire.

Anzrel
Dec 15, 2010
You've kept me laughing through some pretty gloomy times of my own Dark Id, thanks so much for the years of quality entertainment and shitposting. I deeply appreciate all the work you've put into your lets plays.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Welp, if it's one thing your LPs have done, it's (re)introduce me to Drakengard as well as Nier. Any time I like to point out how we got to Best Boy Emil, sexy droids and Best Mom Ghost (Mama in Nier Re[in]carnation), I make sure to point people to the utter calamity that is Drakengard 1 and the utter shitpost ending that was Ending E.

I also make sure they get a warning if they plan on reading the Drakengard 2 LP so they know how much of an utter garbage fire that game was, even if Caim stabs a guy in the dick so hard it kills Death.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Thank you for showing us this weird cursed game and series.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It was a hell of a ride but it's great to see it through, Rude LPer.

JeffRaze
Mar 13, 2021
Always love a good bootstrap paradox. Also always love your LPs. They've consistently been quality as hell.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Gotta admit, I've been waiting for the Karin/Anne reveal. WHOOPS LOL SHE'S YOUR MOMMA

Thanks for everything, Id!

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
Thank you yet again for another amazing LP, and all the best to you in the future. :glomp:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Thanks for all the LPs and introducing me to Nier. :cheers:
Take care.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Yeah, Karin being Yuri's mom makes all those upskirts she flashed him extra uncomfortable...

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Qrr posted:

Poor Kato. At least he didn't get killed in a single round of punches by Yuri.

Looks like I spoke too soon.

Thanks for the LP!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
:catstare:

I just...want to know how/why/when that Karin reaveal was decided upon.

Thanks for taking us through this, Id. I wouldn't have been surprised if you decided to abandon this one, so I appreciate the effort in finishing it. Seriously, thank you so much for all the great memories here on this dead, gay forum :)

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

thanks for the fun lp!

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Thanks for the LP, Id! :toot:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

quote:

Yeah, so umm... It's a good thing Yuri was still hung up on Karin because that was his loving mother Anne Hyuga! Who ultimately goes on to get backhanded by a zombie so hard it kills her, awakening Yuri's powers to become the himbo Rude Hero so Karin will one day get horny for her son and setting it up to fall for for his father after she gets time traveled back in time a few decades. Yuri is a weird Ontological Paradox. It's fine! And I guess Saki Inugami knew that, too...?! And just let it ride.
... What.

Thankyou for getting through to the end of this Id and hope the future treats you better.

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral
It's been a fun ride, even with the unfortunate bumps. I always find your LPs to be very entertaining, and this wasn't an exception. Hell, if it weren't for you I never would have had any interest in Nier, even though I was already actually a fan of the original Drakengard. Plus your old Clock Tower 3 LP is one of my absolute favorites, even now.

If/When you do do more, I'll definitely be looking forward to it. If not, I doubt anyone would say you haven't deserved the rest.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

It turns out that Yuri is a big fat liar. He is not half-Russian, he is half-German.

Loved the LP. All of yours LP. They got me into awesome obscure games.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Weeble posted:

I (and a lot of others on the internet I guess) think of the SH timeline like this:

Shadow Hearts 'Alice Dies' Ending ->
Shadow Hearts: Covenant 'Yuri Dies and Time Travels' Ending ->
Shadow Hearts NG+ Where Yuri Saves Alice Ending ->
Shadow Hearts: From the New World

Anyway, it's been a fun ride Id.

They think that because it's correct. Developer interviews were pretty explicit about it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Karin being his mom is so weird to me because it doesn't add anything to the story, really. It's just kinda weird for the sake of being weird.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I'm kinda curious how Shadow Hearts 2: Alice is alive edition would go.

Probably Useless still manages to mistletoe Yuri, but Alice says screw that and purifies the curse in three days, a week top.
Afterwards, lvl 99 Rude Hero and lvl 99 Alice Elliot carry the rest of the party in speedrunning the plot having even less respect for the joke villains.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.
Thanks for sticking through this LP, even through such dark times. It was a great one, and your other LPs have always provided me with laughs, pathos, and entertainment over the years. You've introduced me to a lot of interesting and unique games (both good and bad..) and revisited some of my very favorites like Xenogears.

Thanks again for all of it. You've certainly earned a break, many times over.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Omobono posted:

Probably Useless still manages to mistletoe Yuri, but Alice says screw that and purifies the curse in three days, a week top.
Afterwards, lvl 99 Rude Hero and lvl 99 Alice Elliot carry the rest of the party in speedrunning the plot having even less respect for the joke villains.

If Alice were still alive Yuri wouldn't be chilling in Domremy wrecking the German army, so the whole thing would be pretty different.

Sticking the scene where Karin gets the photograph right next to Roger's decision to use the Emigre manuscript was a really masterful bit of misdirection. There's clearly something big about that, and it's especially obvious if you watch the video, but as a first time viewer you're still gobsmacked by the previous scene and you're likely to miss it.

But now that you all know about that twist, it's worth going back and rereading some of the Yuri/Karin conversations to see all the references they threw in. There's no real foreshadowing, but there are some lines that stand out a bit more if you know what's coming.

Oh, and thanks for all the LPs, TDI.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Thanks for the LP and all the rest, Id.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!

Omobono posted:

Hopefully Lenny still survives. I like Lenny.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Thank you for the fun LPs, Id. It's been a pleasure.

And yeah - what the gently caress, she was his mom all along? Also, Karin, how much time did we waste to get you that ultimate sword? You got killed by a trashmob. For shame, Frau Koenig.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Congratulations on finishing this LP, Id. It was a hell of a ride.

Also, now that you've beaten up the final boss, I can now post the Near Death Experience remix of his theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgWfdjUwpME

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Thanks for this. It's given me a new appreciation for the game, even if I still see why it frustrated me back when it came out- not least the "Karin is his mother" reveal being just completely bizarre.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Space Kablooey posted:

Thanks for this LP! It's been a ride, but also thanks for all the other LPs you've made, especially the Drakengard/Nier series one. It's my favorite series of LPs to read, and I think they are the gold standard of the format.

Hope you will come back for more, but regardless, thank you again and stay safe.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad people were able to experience the best character (Anastasia) as well as the Man Festival. :)

Thank you, Id!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Thank you so much for this and the many other great works.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Great job, feels like the work of a lifetime (or three)

Grand Gigas
Jul 2, 2006

True heroes always show up late.
Thanks so much! Another fantastic LP.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Good job and grats, Id. Take care of yourself, hear?

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

We've come a long way from dunking on the silliness of resident evil to here. Thanks for the ten-plus years of this lovely poo poo, TDI.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Thank you for LPing one of my favorite games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My assumption with the "lol karin is your mom" thing was mostly that they were setting up for the prequel game they wanted to do and could include her in it.

Pretty depressing her plot boils down to "is murdered by zombies controlled by a dude who Yuri wrecked when he was like 1/100th as strong as an endgame party member."

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Thanks for the memories Id. Both the good and the Man Festival.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Thanks for all the hard work, Id.