Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am sorry life is crapping on you, but thank you for bringing amusement into our lives with your LPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DukeofCA posted:

Did I miss a post somewhere or...?

His Twitter (same as the forum name.)

Jesus Christ. I'm sure you won't see this anytime soon but I hope and pray that things work out for you and your family.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am so so sorry for you and your family.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Welcome back.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

StandardVC10 posted:

How could Veronica be wearing what she is and possibly be serious or normal

Don't kinkshame.

I love that stupid idiot vampire wrestler.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Even 'average' video game protagonists are still absurdly skilled and talented singular people who are above and beyond everyone around them in every way,

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Can I just say how much I appreciate you making sure to keep Kato's chin dramatically hidden.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yuri is a good boy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

My mental image of Joachim has transformed into Drax

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Has this come up in the thread before? I think this might be the first mention of it. But yeah, this game came on two DVDs. I still remember opening up the box and wondering what I'd gotten myself into.

Amusingly when it was first released in the US it also had a deal where you got a free copy of Shadow Hearts 1 with it.

It was a whole loving lot of game for $50.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Looking forward to seeing how the game passive-aggressively poo poo all over Leos.

"Thinks they are cool and brave. Actually just furries."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Dark Id posted:

We're having a bit of another break in the LP because I've straight up got pneumonia and it's not going well... I cannot catch a break this year...

Jeez. I hope you feel better.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leraika posted:

I was disappointed to find out that Kaiketsu Zubat didn't have a killer puppeteer. Killer bartender? Sure. Killer fisherman? Why not. Football assassin? Look that one up on youtube, it's great. But I don't think they had a puppeteer.

Zubat is still the finest television show ever made. :colbert:

It may even be the Number 1 television show in Japan.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This is the moment where things start getting amazing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Night10194 posted:

What other historical figures would make very good JRPG bosses? Rasputin is one of the most fitting.

The Pope. Which one? Doesn't matter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The reference in that particular Wolf Bout was Bianca telling the space-wolf that it couldn't resist Earth's gravity and that it should go back where it came from. Unsurprisingly that is also a reference to Mobile Suit Gundam's Char and his obsession with people's souls being weighed down by Earth's gravity, as well as his belief all humanity should return to space.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Taciturn Tactician posted:

So the game expects you to have gotten an optional fusion but not gotten the good ending? Weird, usually sequels either assume average completion or 100% completion, not a patchwork.

To be fair the optional fusion is a lot easier to stumble in to than the true ending.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

...! posted:

The problem with Lucia is that she's completely worthless compared to the other characters.

Eh, I wouldn't say that. Some of the later-game aromatherapy skills are loving bonkers. There's one particular set which is basically the biggest damage boosting potential in the game which is pretty great as a support character for a team of heavy hitters. The game isn't hard enough to need that but it isn't like Lucia doesn't have her strengths.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Materant posted:

To be honest, this adventure probably would have happened even if the good ending had happened, because WWI and Rasputin's plot weren't going to magically not happen just because Alice escaped getting eaten by a death curse. But Alice's death shook Yuri in a big way, and he's still got the threat of the Mistletoe obliterating his mind looming over him.

I feel like if Alice was around Yuti wouldn't have gotten cursed (and also would probably have Seraphic Radiance) and so his encounter with the villain team would have begun and ended with godlike death lasers from orbit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HR12345 posted:

Okay, now that I read that last Ring Soul spot, is it wrong I imagine ProZD doing his normal voice and for his Miyabi imitation, he does his Tomoko voice?

Just lol if you don't imagine ProZD voicing every sufficiently anime game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Anime Reference posted:

How is it that so many people keep learning what the Emigre Manuscript is, where to find it, and how to use it, but never why using it is a terrible idea? Are all of them like "yeah that guy hosed up, but I'll be the one to get it right!"?

Pretty much. "Oh well no wonder they hosed up, they were using it wrong. *I* have a much better idea" with a side of "This is literally the only way I can be reunited with the person I love."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

jimmydalad posted:

I’m not sure if it’s a good sign that one of the smartest members of the party is the 14 year old child.

It's a JRPG. The smartest party member is almost always going to be the young precocious child.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

More than understandable. Best wishes in this difficult time and I hope you find something bright.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean it's worth noting that none of the SH:C characters are bad. Gepetto is probably the weakest of the lot and has the least interesting gimmicks but he can be very strong. Lucia being a joke in the LP doesn't change the fact that she has absolutely gamebreakingly powerful oil combinations. It's just that most of that isn't really necessary in SH:C.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Dark Id posted:

Oh yeah, if you didn't know the lack of updates from here to now wasn't any Lowtax bullshit. I immediately ate poo poo super hard putting a bunch of heavy crap in an attic, like two days later when a step on the ladder up snapped and I broke the poo poo out of my wrist, tailbone and a few ribs with a concussion for good measure! Semi-fixed most of that. Except for the hand thing where pinky and ring finger don't work so good anymore. Made sitting down, playing video games, doing word processing and video editing extremely unpleasant a prospect for several months, as it turned out! Still not great. But we'll make it work!

It is good you are back but I certainly hope the next year is less cursed for you.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kato's role makes a ton more sense as the endgame proceeds.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FeyerbrandX posted:

I considered this a good use of my time, and considered it a good use of your "page down" button

The only part I'm sad about is that you didn't include Bianca-Rush.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

At least one of the most memorable scenes in the game for me is coming up at least.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Dark Id posted:

All the LP updates have unified relevant names for the screenshots. Mostly because that makes it easier to look back to reference poo poo if I need to. The next update's filenames are worstidea.jpeg

I have been looking forward to this part the entire LP.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yuti has had a poo poo life. Dead mom, dead dad, lovely powers, ex-protagonist screaming in his head, appeared in Chaos Wars, girlfriend dead...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Dark Id posted:

I like to think the top of it is just jutting out of the ground at a park with kids climbing over it like a jungle gym.

Wouldn't be the only Japanese robot to do that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The catch is that the horrible dub is the only memorable or worthwhile part of Chaos Wars.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Robindaybird posted:

Like the Dating outfit is stupidly horny but least it's honest that it's the horny outfit while her current hot mess is 'borrowed doll clothes' which you know was only an excuse for how short her skirt is.

I mean there's also the fact that she has been to a huge number of major cities and hasn't bothered to grab a single new outfit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure the "Three Times Stronger" comment is supposed to be another Gundam reference. In particular Char (played by the same dude who voices our favorite Good Boy) red Zaku II is said to be "three times faster" which is kind of a meme in Japan. (You'll see it show up a *lot* in JRPGs, especially where red robots are involved.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

And of course the reason Bianca is summoning Char is because they have the same voice actor, completing the stupid inexplicable game-long voice actor joke.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Materant posted:

I found this out shortly after I brought it up way back when, but if Shuichi Ikeda voiced Blanca, he did it under a pseudonym. Blanca is listed on IMDB as Takeshi Toyoda, who has done no other roles than Blanca. Nor can you trace it to his English VA, who was Richard Cansino. Richard Cansino, while he did voice a character in the original Mobile Suit Gundam, voiced Hayato Kobayashi, rather than Char Aznable.

I'm still not sure where I got the idea from. My head wants to say the previous LP, but I went over it at the time and found nothing.

IMDB is wrong. Suichi Ikeda is the Japanese voice for Blanca. Hell check his Japanese wiki page if you want which specifically mentions Blanca: https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E6%B1%A0%E7%94%B0%E7%A7%80%E4%B8%80

Also here's an interview with the developers where they specifically mention that he was basically intended as the voice actor from the start: https://dengekionline.com/soft/recommend/sh2/index.html

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 11, 2021

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leraika posted:

Yeah, 100 floors of weird toku references (nice, Sun Vulcan!) and rear end shots sounds amazing in theory and is awful in practice.

Yeah just in case people didn't know the Panther/Shark/Eagle thing is a direct reference to Sun Vulcan (the 5th Super Sentai series) where the protagonists are VulEagle, VulShark and VulPanther.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FeyerbrandX posted:

Huh, Kurando even with his fancy protagonist-lite powers couldn't even outplay Geppeto.

That's Rico levels of meh.

I mean Gepetto is in your party from basically the start of the game and you can't even bench him for a while while Kurnado joins relatively late in the game and when you already have a full party.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

I forgot how little substance there is to the ending besides the epilogues for Yuri and Karin. Almost like the devs knew you'd just want to get it over with by now....

They also could have been leaving it open enough for sequel cameos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It was a hell of a ride but it's great to see it through, Rude LPer.