Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Keldulas posted:

I never found the forced evasion in Endless Frontier that annoying honestly. Balance-wise, a problem I had was that bosses basically always one-shot my dudes during the last parts I played, maybe I was underleveled since I started running from fights due to repetition fatigue. However, being one-shot doesn't matter when bosses only ever attack one target at a time, and items don't take an action to use, so lots of revives.

I think the bosses are designed around you managing resources to use your defensive skills as your main line of defense. And encourages you to kill them at certain HP threshold with one lengthy combo chain extension to not deal with their berserker spirit spam phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Robindaybird posted:

I feel it's a bit of Column A and Column B - Shadow Hearts pretty much always made it aware that Yuri is pretty drat strong - and that I don't think the devs realize how much combos can cheese fights.

I think they do, doesn't the game gives you better rewards depends on how fast you finish fights? especially the boss fight.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
So congratulations on finishing up, you can take a long break now.
If you ever want to create another LP and keep the crazy themes, you'll be right at home with Infinite Space.