Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I am ready for more Rude Hero adventures in punching. Though, come to think of it, did Yuri EVER transform in a cutscene in the first game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Can't get much more World War I than "this town doesn't serve us any actual strategic advantage and we're actively losing guys trying to take it. But gently caress it, let's try again."

I can't wait to see Yuri punch this church dingus' head into pulp when he takes a heal turn.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Kanfy posted:

Let's see, this time it took... four updates until the first reference to eating children. Not bad at all.

So what like ten updates before the first actual child death? :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
You mean France doesn't have roving bands of killer toys normally?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Did they ever mention how Yuri got cursed the first time back in Shadow Hearts 1?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Tetsu's character portrait is killing me. That dog is LOVING this poo poo. :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
https://twitter.com/TheDarkId/status/1123913139660165122

Aww Jesus!

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Good to see this back. And Fatal Fury references out of nowhere.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
He really does look like an M. Bison alternate costume.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

The Dark Id posted:

You know they make portable things to put your junk in while traveling like backpacks and suitcase, right? ...Right?
Use it for? As a weapon, of course!
A weapon...? What? But don't we usually get weapons from chests or shops or something or after some big event?
What are you talking about? Those are the old-fashioned ways of getting weapons! Use whatever you can get your hands on! That's the first rule of a hero!
Yeah, maybe for heroes on a budget...
Tsk tsk! I'd rather you called me an "environmentally-friendly" hero!
I think they just call that theft.
Well, nothing's coming out of my wallet, so I guess I'm fine with it...

I like that in-universe Yuri is actually just genre savvy at this point since he's in a sequel. This was not the sequel I was expecting...

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

habituallyred posted:

So nobody is going to mention that the newest fusion is a big old Battle Angel Alita reference?

Not super familiar with that? Care to explain?

Also boy, the tone shift in this game is... I'm not sure how to feel about yet.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1MTBWGmnvg&t=300s

Semi-related. Someone dug through the original Shadow Hearts and recovered a mostly playable Kawashima playable character. RIP.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Dehuai seems like a villainy mastermind compared to this game's line-up of Saturday morning cartoon schmucks.

Also that video link image is choice.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Awroo!

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Dog Stealth was the only thing I knew about this game prior to seeing this LP. Glad it lived up to being just as dumb/amazing as it looked.

Also, I like that Lenny and Nicolai just kind of chill out together when not doing villain stuff.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

DanielCross posted:

It may not be a remotely unique character archetype, but I do quite enjoy that this Anastasia seems to be kind of a little poo poo.

Same. TDI leaning on that for extra dialogue helped. Also is Edgar and Kato both Jamieson Price (Papa Nier)? Was that last conversation the same guy talking to himself?

I'm happy Rasputin is the most evil looking motherfucker ever too. I fully expect him to perform Order 66 on the Romanov family like the next update.

Nohman fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Dec 21, 2019

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
The fights themselves might be the most whatever thing but the context getting increasingly absurd is a treat. Especially after serious time the last few episodes and then just HEY ALIENS!

Also I appreciate the Chernobyl radiation joke. :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Anastasia being a complete cutesy little poo poo while slam dunking Rasputin in a public forum is very good.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
I was not prepared for how loving hard Rasputin got punched.

Pesky Splinter posted:

"Where the hell was that hiding!? Was it under the haunted crypt with the secret passage that leads directly outside the throne room?"
".........Wait. Secret passage? Haunted crypt? How did I not know about these!?"
"Later dear, the devil just uppercut a Zeppelin, and our former vizier just summoned an alien space fortress. Wonder if it's anything to do with that alien and his green space-dog the peasants have been talking about?"
"...An alien and his space-dog!? I've been away at the war front for too long..."

I feel like those morons just went to bed right after the last scene they were in and it will take a week to notice the flying castle business.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

I had this shitpost idea the other day and had enough free time at work to make good on it.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sdn1B0N4k0
So we're getting a NieR remaster.

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
So does just a straight clone instead of resurrecting someone outright still require like a hundred sacrificed orphans to a big biomass goop cauldron or...?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

Geostomp posted:

I must say, hearing Yuri’s dad treating Dehuai with utmost seriousness is weird given we met him possessing a puppy. I can only assume that he was much scarier in the planned third game. Papa Hyuga gave him irreparable brain damage in their final battle, which reduced him to the goofy chump we knew 15 years later.

The guy was like blasted in half by the time Yuri and the gang got to him for a Hyuga punchboy round 2. I assume he was an actual real threat Shang Tsung type originally. Like didn't he actually summon Seraphic Radiance the previous time too but Yuri's dad fused with it enough to control it but he had to get put down before he, you know, like nuked the city like Yuri did?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
It's been real but yeah gently caress this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
That scene was really well done! The voice acting and facial animation on Ishimura going from nihilistic dead eyed politician going all one death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic immediately to OH gently caress! OH poo poo!OH NO! panicking looking and pathetic sounding when his grandson showed up is great for a game from 2004...? And Yuri finally losing his poo poo and breaking down since he has kinda been lowkey big depression, don't want to think about big depression, wanna punch things, find things to punch!

I do wish we got reaction shots more than neutral expression Anastasia and Whatsherface and mildly concerned Karin to the party leader to just kicking the poo poo out of a guy on the ground for a minute straight.