Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Karin has a gun holster but damned if I remember her ever drawing it. Maybe she keeps sweets in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Is the max battle party size 4? If so maybe the reason the current turn in the queue is the 4th one is so that the player can tell that the first 3 characters are ready to combo when the 4th member's turn comes up.

I think that's exactly the reason. But it doesn't quite scale when we have only 2 current members.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So is magic public knowledge at this point or are people like Karin still getting used to it?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Point of note: Yuri's neck gem, the one that indicated how much Malice he was accumulating in the first game?

Well...

This is him before the Mistletoe,

and this is after he got it rammed into his chest.

Yeah...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Keldulas posted:

Of all the sequel power down plot devices, the mistletoe ranks highly among the rest.

Yeah, I know, right? Yuri is basically a demonic god-man by the end of Shadow Hearts 1, this is a great way to bring him back down to normal with the other adventurers.

(though I do like the explanation we get in Devil May Cry for why Dante has different weapons every game: he sells the extras to keep the lights on between adventures, haha)

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

Shocker was straight up founded by Nazis, akin to Marvel's Hydra.

Yeah, and there's even been a few episodes where we see an alternate universe of Shocker ruling the world...which is ALSO a Hydra thing, haha.

Regarding Karin, I feel like her outfit is some...leftover circus deal. That's what it looks like to me.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Gilgamesh255 posted:

Are we sure Sapientios Glados isn't just composed of Godhand villain rejects?

....that would explain a lot, actually.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

It took me this long to realize a greedy mayor trying to steal a shopkeep's treasure is exactly how Keith was introduced to us. ...I wonder if that was intentional.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

What is that thing on Veronica's left eye?

It looks like she's wearing half a domino mask.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kelly, you were a busta wolf.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Huh, I never noticed until now that Kelly's hat says "Dreadnought." That's kind of badass.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

He's a big fan of dressing up like Captain Harlock. I don't care if Leiji Masumoto won't be born for decades, he found a VHS tape from the future or something.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Oh god, I just realized, they updated Karin and Gepetto's "slightly drunk" titles to "Sloshed" and "Hangover Tomorrow" after we cut back to them haha.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

His next weapon is the nerd who falls out

"I will use a quivering Otacon as a weapon!"

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

DukeofCA posted:

Joachim picks up Yuri, who picks up Karin, who picks up Blanca. A daisy chain of smackdown.

I love Disgaea 5!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

oh, right, Joachim has different victory quotes for all his alternate forms, so you might never hear them unless you use him A LOT. I appreciate the attention to detail though.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Whammiewazzle posted:

After Highfort in Breath of Fire 2, I have always tried to keep all my party members rotated to keep them at decent levels in RPGs.

The Suikoden series was pretty clever about this since XP scaled to your units. Under-leveled party members would get a TON of XP to shoot them back to cutting-edge very quickly.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

CmdrKing posted:

They do however have a similar grasp on the art of strategy.

Shadow Hearts character who keeps using improvised knives...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

He really should wear a motorcycle helmet.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Who does that lady think she is rejecting Joachim's offer of a dance?! :argh: I mean seriously, he's a tall, muscular vampire, every straight woman and gay man in Florence is going to want to pay to see that dance, way to make a terrible business decision Carla!

I know, right?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

Of course they've got an airship. Why wouldn't they? Though, to give Shadow Hearts some credit, this is one of the few eras you could set a game in where that's not an anachronism.

Honestly, the only reason we don't get one ourselves is because the map is its own fast travel system...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

The real reason she's the only member of the World Fitness Walking Society is because she demands the new members walk in dungeons and they all get slaughtered by random encounters.

This makes a horrifying amount of sense.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Nohman posted:

Dehuai seems like a villainy mastermind compared to this game's line-up of Saturday morning cartoon schmucks.

Also that video link image is choice.

And Dehuai was a guy who posessed a puppy for a while just to follow them around.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Keldulas posted:

I like how the fight where Lucia basically kills you with her RNG, she gets a card that tries to do it more efficiently. Good on you girl!

Hahaha oh god, you're right.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Malah posted:

Joachim's endgame weapon will be the actual cross that Jesus of Nazareth was crucified on. Jesus included.

Not out of question for a game like this since we get mystic artifacts like candy. gently caress your "I have a splinter of the True Cross," I got the Whole Cross here.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Edvarius posted:

Gotta give this game credit, when a strange secret society cult goes through great lengths to obtain a forbidden tome of things man was not meant to know, you don't really expect them to just use the thing as a bribe.

"It's all good, I xeroxed the important parts."

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

That Rasputin is a little different than this one, but they both have the rockin' beard and are both sex maniacs. Of course.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Night10194 posted:

To be fair to the Russian nobles, this Rasputin does have some kind of energy shield. Shooting, stabbing, poisoning, and drowning might not work on energy shields. I don't know.

Poisoning might unless the force shield was also covering his stomach. But hey.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Thing about the Key of Solomon spells isn't that you get NEW new spells. How the crests work is if you've got a copy of the same spell on two or more crests equipped, their cost in MP goes down. So unlocking all this stuff means that casting spells got a lot easier for our crew in general.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

DanielCross posted:

Let's not pretend we don't know exactly how the brothers get around.

Yeah, exactly. They ramp it everywhere.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Dog City and All Dogs both got cartoon series. Everything had a cartoon spinoff in the 90s. It was crazy.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Okay, I get that the evil book gave Kato access to necromancy and he seems to know some other sorcery as well now, but I don't think it covered cybernetics. Japan in this universe is weirdly high-tech for its time.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hell yeah. Let's do this.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Geostomp posted:

Is it weird that I’m kind of interested in the Ring Soul’s marital drama?

Ring Soul has the most character arc of anyone in this game.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

achtungnight posted:

Poor zombie samurai. They get so little attention compared to zombie nazis. Just this game, Onimusha, Tomb Raider 2013... Ghost of Tsushima totally could have used some.

Hey they could still show up in Tsushima 2

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Supersonic Shine posted:

Extremely on-brand for Garan to just die after his second fight, allowing the party to show no respect for the dead and scrounge through his little pockets.

Also, I see what you did with Yuri bringing up the small, small turtle house right before going to Inugami Village.

I sure hope Garan wasn't an integral part of the Japan Foreign Ministry's plan to take over Asia because uhhhh...did not go the way he thought it would. Kato is a better sorcerer than him by now and he just read the Cliff's Notes of some evil tomes.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Nice "Your Name" reference. Hah.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I don't remember half of this endgame bullshit.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

achtungnight posted:

See you, Kato. May your chin later be reincarnated on an actor who loves zombies, comedy, and action flicks.

Times like these I wish we could upvote a comment on these forums hah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

achtungnight posted:

That would require Kato wanting to do more to change history than bring back his dead lover. And that would require going more into the causes and effects of World War 1 than the game does.

"I just have to stop Archduke Ferdinand from being assassinated right?"