Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Speedball posted:

Karin has a gun holster but damned if I remember her ever drawing it. Maybe she keeps sweets in there.

Whatever the reason for her not using her military-issued gun, it can't be as bad as Edge Maverick's excuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is the max battle party size 4? If so maybe the reason the current turn in the queue is the 4th one is so that the player can tell that the first 3 characters are ready to combo when the 4th member's turn comes up.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Speedball posted:

I think that's exactly the reason. But it doesn't quite scale when we have only 2 current members.

Maybe, but imagine having to look at a different spot for the current turn every time the party size changes for any reason.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You say baby-eating spiders aren't tenacious, but I have one that's been trying to eat me my whole life. I tried to tell it once that I'm not a baby anymore, and it just said if that's so I should stop acting like one.

What could I say, it was right.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Does it count as a Tragic Backstory if the player already knows it?

Yes? Why wouldn't it?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hey, it's a backstory that's tragic, good enough for me. :v:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My favorite is Mega Man's explanation, " "

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What do weapon skills refer to? Because Unlimited Saga for instance required you to get panels for weapons to have a better chance of unlocking their moves and also "winning" the attack roulette to use the move you actually want to.

Also in Unlimited guns were super rare and you needed a gun panel if you wanted any chance of dealing full damage with one.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mimingless posted:

I'm assuming "weapon skill level up" refers to "use the weapon to get better at it". I didn't include Unlimited Saga because what weapon you use actually has very little effect on what panels you get, you basically just have to get lucky. Also Unlimited Saga is terrible and I don't like remembering it exists. :v:

Don't forget that using a weapon also raises the chance of getting a panel that removes your ability to use that weapon! Game design!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
He has his own demonic court, with blackjack and hookers.