Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Dark Id posted:

Boy Gepetto and Blanca

Granted, that's not going to be too much of an issue when dealing with these scrubs. Especially the ones that are literally sentient scrubs.
Both.

Is "scrub" a form of regional dialect for "shrub" somewhere in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Dark Id posted:

Feels kinda mid-aughts console cycle brown to me. The game had been fairly colorful up until now.
What would you know, vagrant? Muted browns are the next generation of graphics. We just need some more bloom in here to liven up the place.
Barf. Hard pass.

Shouldn't that be in italics rather than bold?

quote:

chomping at the bits
Appropriate malapropism for Yuri, but I think it's "bit" - like the thing a horse bites into, rather than bits and pieces.

quote:

But the Officer's Coat (which Karin is still technically equipped as an armor despite her costume change)
Still technically has equipped? Still technically equipped with?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Either way, the party's train cart soon comes to an abrupt stop just at the end of the line. Literally. It's stopped two feet from the track vanishes.

We want to take out these two straight away because their main gimmick while both are alive is Combo attacks.

As much gameplay elements of this game go.

where the track vanishes?

Take out one of those two?

Rephrase for general awkwardness.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

He lost both his characters and a character portrait in the war. S
Parents and character portrait.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Jesus.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

We're back next Tuesday.

:hai:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Within we discover the Mayor, Cole and a pair of out of control evil anime boobs.

Was there supposed to be a video link or something there? A closeup?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

BisbyWorl posted:

Suplexing trains is predictable.

The train suplexes Joachim back. :getin:
The train conductor is also the last card in Gepetto's personal quest.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

So if Yuri happens to gain early intuitive
initiative.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Nah, Practical Claudia. Florence kept out of any of The Great War's sphere of influence. ...
Does "any" work here?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

This is a Dark elemental being with a light 57 HP to its name. It attacks via ramming targets with its both err... abdomen?
Moth?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

extreme middling live-action remakes
extremely.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

I... hope really like the cube geometric shape.

Thankfully, they're not too hard to deal with and seldom come in more than two at a time thus can be taken out in the first wave of attacks fairly simply. I cannot abide by the status effect enemies ever. They've just got to go. Much like how I'll curse out some dick that goes to a grocery store express self check-out that is 12 items or less and brought a full cart of a gently caress-off amount of poo poo. I had once, summers ago, a clearly day drunk old dad from Ohio dickhead get in my face after I heckled him for being a dick doing being in the wrong lane when I had poo poo to do one time at a grocery store. Little did he know I was also summer day drunk and way the gently caress meaner than that lovely boomer and I just full-handed slapped him in the face and told him to gently caress off like five seconds into him trying to be a big man to me. The backdown was hilarious. Dude just abandoned his cart and left muttering swears and threats about calling cops. Bitch made gently caress boy never entered my life again.

He did have an Encounter-None Crest equipped so that might be the issues.
"hope *you* really like" for the first, "might be the issue" for the third, I'm assuming the second is *meant* to resemble drunk rambling, because it could use a total edit otherwise.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

What'd you say?! Why I outta-!

They must have been pretty close to finished developing this stuff

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Lenny is a good boss, that's rare among villains.

It would have been kind of cool if you played as the villains and heroes simultaneously, switching back and forth throughout the game. Is that a thing that's been done before?
Indigo Prophecy, I guess?

Fire Emblem 10.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

inside the castle.
Nevertheless... Even if you did save my daughter's life, we cannot allow strange people to wander around inside the castle.

[b]Rasputin and Veronica depart. A short while late...

Double "inside the castle", the bold tag isn't closed.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

I would estimate a year or two tops. If I had to guestimate I'd give it until summer of 1918 for it to boil over...

Oh? Are we going to resort to conflict as debase as that...?

Joachim decides that perhaps leaving Anastasia with a sorcerer actively trying to kill her and her family while being framed for attempted fratricide on the table PROBABLY should stay here alone, so he scoops her up while they flee.
Guesstimate, and lose one of the "it"s.

Debased?

Rephrase entirely.

The Dark Id posted:

K-3 is a Light elemental enemy with 506 HP.
R-3

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jan 12, 2020

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Unless the two dumpy armed dads behind the party repelled down the valley walls
Rappelled.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

amigolupus posted:

Off-topic, but kudos to the mods for instantly noticing Azure Horizon trying to sneak back in and promptly giving them the boot.
And by "instantly" we of course mean "around since 2013".

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Now that Yuri has gained the power of Amon, at the mere cost of killing an old blind man he met earlier that dad

Petrograd itself was in the middle of deporting all the Jewish, Germans and Poles
day
Jewish residents / Jews.

I really feel like it would have been easy to have Albert go "yeah, I gave peace a chance with the Sapientes, then figured out that the noblest organizations would get corrupted by power hungry assholes. So I thought I might as well summon a god and remake the world in my image before anyone else (like that rear end in a top hat Rasputin) got there first". But the game doesn't really convey that very well.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Possesses amazing self-control and disciple.
Discipline.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 3, 2020

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Regallion posted:

Fun fact: if you read the letters on that LED display, they form the word "Декабрь" which literally means "December"

At first glance I couldn't tell where the duke's head ends and where the chest starts, and thought he had a weird Lando Mollari haircut.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

apparently they started using zats a lot because they were much cheaper than prop guns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36uLLJPa61Y&t=2578s

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 8, 2020

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

achtungnight posted:

"Stand around and fight the urge to do anything useful."

Thanks for an awesome political insult. :D
This game has actually done some research into Russia and / or into just how loving worthless Niki 2 was.

Pesky Splinter posted:

Same. You'd better keep it away from me пожилой человек.
That said though, "elderly person" isn't really nailing the "old man" vibes Anastasia should be going for.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

back before Nicolai took his heal turn.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Echidna Concept Art - Someone less threatening with that mischievous smirk.
Somewhat?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Yep. That's a nightmare creature right then.
there?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Heeeh?!
Huh?!
Ohh!

Hmm?
Eh?
Oh?

https://www.awkwardzombie.com/comic/express

quote:

What's it called? It's "Rashomon," by Akutagawa Ryunosuke.
Interesting. I'll try to remember that.

Surely Haruo means "In the Grove".

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

sticking my nose where it doe not belong.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

And advert your eyes

Special Agent Kato, are you apes ready?

Kato bows and exists the wrong.

(The last two were already noted)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Gaki, more commonly in other regions known as Preta in other regions,

will do so as soon as they get a turn and anyone other enemies are still remaining.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Poorly translated tutorial dude for an obscure mini-game.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Nimsant posted:

Also, Ogoroja sounds nothing like 'fences' to me.
"Ograda".

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Welcome back. Hope you're doing better, physically and mentally.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Roger Bacon is a profession.
professional, but I do like the idea of a proper Roger Bacon certificate.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

There's a joke somewhere about the Russian royal family stealing money but I'm far too exhausted to think of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a50qT9bW2Qo&t=3929s

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

LJN92 posted:

Kato really thinks he's going to heal the world by going back a hundred years and "leading" people? What, is he going to teach most of Europe that Imperialism is bad or something?
I've apparently forgotten all about Kato's plan. It's actually fairly convincing, given the circumstances. I get that Yuri isn't exactly up for a debate about utilitarian ethics, but at least considering things would have been nice.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Could you clarify further, please?
Someone on *this* world.
Somewhere.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

by sitting through a failed or trying first crack at the demon

to tell some spent way too much time butting texture detail in Karin's rear end.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

The thinks pepper is too much for their palette whitest of white people spice option at an Indian restaurant.

It's the mild spice curry or the white people starting to sweat variety.
Quote marks around "thinks pepper is too much for their palette" for the first, of the "white people starting to sweat" variety for the second.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

"Okay, 100 floors of this nonsense is obviously way too much for this stupid gag, haha.

You're going to do 40. And be thankful that's as far as we're willing to push".

The Dark Id posted:

This fight has the rude quirk of the party being surrounded at the start some everyone will take some bumps to sell the angle.

Pictured: The conclusion of times I ever use Lucia in the game.

You aren't finding enough loose change to get something off the McDonald's dollar menu for a bonus meal while waiting two hours for my mom to get off of work to pick me up from school poor, Karin. I was. So gently caress off, you bourgeoisie having to scrap by only being comfortable middle-class fake rear end poor.
The lack of quotes or italics or anything to indicate the switch to idiom \ example is consistently confusing over the last few updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

It's also one of the only attacks in the game that inflicts the Bind status which is just you lose a turn: the status.
I know harp about this, but this recent habit of not separating stuff like '"you just lose a turn" - the status', with quotation marks or dashes keep tripping me up.

quote:

Ultimately the ghost of the biblical first king of Israel
Third. You might confusing him with Saul. Arguably (if Saul pre-deceased Jonathan), the 4th.