Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Me too - plus it was a way of experiencing an RPG that wasnt a Final Fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Sordas Volantyr posted:

*Her VA, while definitely Australian even in normal speech, apparently got told to super exaggerate it during recording

I have to wonder, did this come about because they consider Pulse to be "down under"?

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
He'd be better off morphing into Keith "typical bored vampire" Valentine in this series...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It's nice to have some fun after the last slog dungeon! Though 17 random battles doesn't sound that bad...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I totally don't remember that guy at all! Am I just getting old or is just that this game has so many more memorable parts to it? I'm also associating high pitched yips with the clawed looks but I think that's from the similar goons in FFX-2 (At least I hope so or my memory really is terrible!)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The Dark Id posted:

It is (barely) worth mentioning that the third enemy type on Manmariana Island is found in the upper reaches of the manor. This is the Fortune Stick an Earth elemental magic err... stick with 53 HP. It bops people on the head. That is it... It's a magically animated stick, what do you want out of it? It's a limited toolset when you're just a stick.

Hey man, sticks are cooler than you think
https://youtu.be/K05N2jqFHc8

(sorry, I was forced to watch this today, it's oddly fitting, so now you can enjoy it too)

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I picture him as a Japanese salary man but I fear I might be doing him a disservice

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

The Dark Id posted:

Whoops. Didn't see this till now. Mostly because my internet has been utter trash thanks to a legendary blizzard slowly killing where I live...

You're just living the game, try retreating into your mirror Palace.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

W.T. Fits posted:

Well, now that Rasputin is dead, let's rewind a little, back to the very beginning of the LP. Remember this?

Well, there's a reason why this screen exists. And believe it or not... it actually involves the death of the real life Rasputin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVcibhlOKyE

Does it really need an 8 minute video to explain it

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
An hour and 45 minutes! I'm glad I have almost no memory of it. I fear it'll be unforgettable after you wrote up that entire thing. I'm sure we'd have forgiven you for skipping a few dozen steps...

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Several from FF7 and 9 were enjoyable (depending on whether an outside area can be called a dungeon), though I struggle to think of any good ones from 8 or 10.

And in the next game in the SH series, I gave up in a dungeon set in a hotel. Yeesh.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Anime Reference posted:

How is it that so many people keep learning what the Emigre Manuscript is, where to find it, and how to use it, but never why using it is a terrible idea? Are all of them like "yeah that guy hosed up, but I'll be the one to get it right!"?

It's just how people are, we always make exceptions for ourselves. "yeah that guy hosed up because he didn't lockdown, but it's okay for me to go see my 90 year old grandma because she's special to me and nothing could possibly go wrong as I will take precautions".

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Curry is hot from the spices, not the literal scorching temperature of the food. I don't think spiciness transmits through crockery. Hey if we're gonna get weird, we're in the right place

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

GimmickMan posted:

I'm not allowed to have coffee because it will noticeably impact my health, I'm pretty sure curry would kill me outright.

It's worth the risk

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Poor Man's Curry was always my favourite

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Sad state of affairs a century later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Great job, feels like the work of a lifetime (or three)