Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
He's a cardinal! No way he's a bad guy, come on!

Some errata:

The Dark Id posted:

All of Europe was engulfed and the struggle soon grew into the first world-wide war the wide war the human race had ever known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Oh man, I forgot all about Lenny.

That big lug [snip]

That's kinda spoilery and doesn't really add anything to the conversation since you can't go into more detail without getting really spoilery.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

What happened to Prettyface McEvilPriest? He stabbed Yuri, Yuri exploded, and then it was campfire and picnic time.

Edit: Ah, I read bad. I guess Gepetto showed up and somehow dragged off both Yuri and Karen without getting noticed.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 12, 2019

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

I can't even imagine what you're going through, TDI. Try to hang in there, because you mean a lot to a lot of people.

If people are looking for more Shadow Hearts: Covenant, it's about to be featured on an RPGLimitBreak speedrun. SPOILERS, obviously: https://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak/

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Ick, was there any indication you should go back into that dungeon for more content, or is this the sort of game that just expects you to go back through completed dungeons "just in case" random minigames have appeared in them?

The Dark Id posted:

Thus closes are adventures in France.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Speedball posted:

"I will use a quivering Otacon as a weapon!"

Just like in my Japanese animes!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Already did that one.

Joachim picks up a dead horse...

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

In Soviet Italy, pussy eats YOU!

....too easy?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Tarot seems incredibly bad. So it seems to have a flat 50% chance to be actively detrimental to your team and probably worse than most actual boss attacks. And even if you get a good effect, the chance of you getting a good effect that is actually helpful at the moment is probably only 25-50% of the possible good effects. So the odds of something bad are 50% and the odds of something helpful are probably 12.5-25%. That is not a good bet.

Edit: and of those helpful effects, some can probably be accomplished through less risky means, like an AoE heal through that crest Id just found. Making Tarot even more worthless.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Oct 16, 2019

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

How did Nicolai even know the heroes were right on the other side of that wall? They would've felt pretty dumb just blowing holes into empty rooms and losing their chance for both Dramatic Villain Entrance and delivering their Evil Villain Ultimatum to the heroes.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

So, uh, what happens if you lose that wolf bout? Clearly he can't revert back to a human because presumably that would break quest progression.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Boo, that sucks. Take your time; The Silly Adventures of Punchman can wait.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Well, it's good to see Bitores Mendez managed to find a job after that whole NotSpain incident.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Lenny Curtis Concept Art - How many times do you think he's had to pay damages at restaurants or pubs from accidentally putting a spike into a wall?

Lenny is rocking a waist and hips that most women would envy.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

achtungnight posted:

Blade, Angel, Spike, John Hartness’ Black Knights, PN Elrod’s Jack Fleming, Thomas in the Dresden Files, Forever Knight... plenty of vampire superheroes out there, you just gotta know where to look. List does need more female representatives though. :(

Wasn't Mina Murray/Harker supposed to be a vampire in the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comic/movie?

Edit: Oh, and who can forget the amazing character that is Bloodrayne. And Vampirella.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 12, 2019

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

So what is this "shortcuts" rating in the battle data screen? For some reason I feel like it was in Shadow Hearts 1 also, and also never budged above 0.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Anyway, you know how we have almost too many sidequests going on at the moment and we're only now reaching the half-way point of the game? Let's take a quick inventory. We have...

• Yuri's Soul Drops Collecting
  • Karin's Nibelung Script Collecting
  • Gepetto's Stud Cards/Dresses
  • Blanca's Wolf Bouts
  • Joachim's Weapons
  • Joachim's Great Gama Training
  • Lucia's Aromatherapy Oils Collecting
  • Lucia's Tarot Card Collecting
  • Anastasia's Photo Album
  • Anastasia's Silver Angel Collecting
  • Item Trading
  • Solomon's Trials
  • Solomon's Key

Isn't this missing
  • Step counter walkin'
  • Hidden treasure clue guy
  • Lotto cards and dudes hunting

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Are lottery tickets a finite resource? Seems dickish to require you to get multiple wins on this guy, when presumably you also need to find and win with all the other lottery members for THAT sidequest.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

It reminds me of a puzzle where you had to stack the proper weights on a scale in a jail in order to unlock a door in Final Fantasy IX. I know it's a stretch, but

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Freakin' cutscene zone! Yuri just finished wiping the floor with a demon god, and then a bloody diplomat shows up and punts Yuri across the room like it ain't no thing.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

You know, Blanca was a little short on information to decide that he should help this guy murder a bunch of soldiers. This guy could be a Sephiroth, burning down towns, for all he knows.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The Ring Soul stuff has gotten so surreal... It went from having a mysterious unfathomable entity watching you from beyond the fabric of time and space bestowing power upon you... to listening to him mimic baby talk from his kid and then share his marital infidelity concerns.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Ha ha ha! Hee hee hee!

And a couple of tra-la-la's! That's how we laugh the day away in the Merry Old Land of Oz!
Very funny! I am not a munchkin!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

LiefKatano posted:

I don't know why I expected anything else from a man named Hojo, to be honest.

The FF7 Hojo would've just made the dog and Nicolai breed to see if the demon could be passed on through heredity.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Keldulas posted:

There's also the metric to consider really, since what did any of the Covenant villains accomplish, really.

Well Nicolai managed to release all that malice which, uh..... apparently was bad? Maybe?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Shitenshi posted:

And the way he revived Kawashima was probably just sacrificing the worst of the rear end in a top hat mooks from Sapientes Gladio and the corrupt Japanese soldiers who were in on her death way back from SH1. Nowhere near Patrick Heyworth or Jack territory yet.

Maybe that's how these resurrections work- the disposition of the clone is inverse to the soul fuel you pump in. Kill a bunch of innocent orphans? Get a monstrous hellbeast. Kill a bunch of murderious assholes? Get a pretty reasonable Kawashima.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Listen, Hien. No matter what happens to us, I want to be sure that we protect those two.
Raiden...
Is there something strange with wanting to do that?
<shakes head> Un-uh.
Are you with me then?
Of course. I'm right there with you!

*Ouka immediately gets shanked*

Welp.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Kato plans to commit Suicide by Yuri.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Goddrat Roger, in 700 years have you never had to deal with someone that's going through some issues? You don't offer to resurrect the dead via almost-certainly-catastrophic forbidden magics every time someone needs to deal with emotions.

I'm starting to think falling back to Earth from the Moon all those times knocked something loose in his head.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Yeah, that honestly went better than it had any right to. They deserved an abomination for their hubris.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Um, I'm not sure spending an eternity in your own head with a mind-representation of your dead girlfriend is the right kind of "find happiness to give you a reason to live" that you should be looking for, Yuri... That's more of a reason to give up and die.

Edit: and if that is somehow an actual manifestation of the real Alice, shame on you! You gave up your life so that Yuri could go on living, not so that he could give up on living without you!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

That was the most anime-rear end poo poo I've seen all day.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

The Dark Id posted:

Oh, Kurando! You did it!
It's incredible! I can feel the power surging out of it...
Hmm... funny. I'm suddenly feeling a cold chill down my spine and a feeling of... an obnoxious aura...
Huh?

Hey... We've heard that disgusting laugh before...!

The party turns around to find...

What do you mean, "pillow ghouly guy"?!

I'm guessing there are some pictures missing or out of order in this part of the update? I doubt the sinister laughing happened before the congratulatory back-patting over the sword, and then nobody called Garan "pillow ghouly guy" before he got indignant about it.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Oh good, I hope you get to use Lucia's Tarot every. single. fight.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Susano-O is lovin' this poo poo.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

It's been an unbelievably poo poo stretch for me too, but thank you for your contribution to make things a little less poo poo for all of us who follow your threads!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Yeah, Karin being Yuri's mom makes all those upskirts she flashed him extra uncomfortable...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

My assumption with the "lol karin is your mom" thing was mostly that they were setting up for the prequel game they wanted to do and could include her in it.

Pretty depressing her plot boils down to "is murdered by zombies controlled by a dude who Yuri wrecked when he was like 1/100th as strong as an endgame party member."

In the HD Remake, she goes from getting mooked by one zombie to killing off a huge army of zombies and assorted other hellbeasts before she's worn down and finally killed by a small remaining group of zombies. While sad music plays and her slot machine battle mechanic slowly breaks down and stops working.