Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I'm only familiar with this game because my friend cosplayed a character from it way back when we were both in high school so I'm excited to finally experience it :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Sending good vibes to you and your family, Id :smith:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

This probably won't mean much of anything coming from a stranger, but gently caress, my heart is utterly broken for you guys

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

CmdrKing posted:

Even as a distant internet dumbass, the bits and pieces of you and your family's life that showed up here have always been enough to tell me there was a lot of love, despite no small amount of hardship. And that you've become a better person over that time, and that the world is poorer for losing her.

Every thing you have chosen to share with us about your family have been genuinely delightful. I think it really is a testament to how much your silly internet stuff has touched our lives that all of us, literally strangers, are mourning with you.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

For me nothing will beat the day I saw the censored screenshots of Dito killing Five and had to go watch the video to make sure that was a real thing in the game and not just one of TDI's photoshops.

I played most of that game (before the LP) with my jaw dropped, wondering when Id got a secret job at Square enix.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

My best friend cosplayed Anastasia back when we were in high school and she did indeed have two-foot long pigtails to use for the braids. This was the first I had ever heard of the game and only ever thought of it as "that game where you have Anastasia in your party"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Rushputin posted:

So how does the bold fashion choice of "thick fur coat and hat but no pants" work out irl? I like Anastasia's design but that looks like it would be particularily uncomfortable in every conceivable weather.

Shorts underneath :cheeky: and honestly, adding the fur trim adds to the length a -bit- so it ends up not being quite as short as it seems. We live in the PNW so the weather up here is pretty mild , so I think the costume ended up being pretty comfortable .

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

There were some Covenant cosplayers at Katsucon this last weekend. This just popped up on my Twitter feed and wanted to share. Will put it behind a spoiler tag on the off chance...it doesn't look super spoilery beyond maybe some characters we haven't met yet?

https://twitter.com/lightofhope_18/status/1230190723976351754?s=19

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Man, I just love all the extra personality you write for the characters :allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I clutched my tailbone in sympathy :( glad to hear you're on the up-and-up

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'm still kind of boggling over Kato's villian turn. Going from bumbling, almost-allies to some guy loving with black magic like....it's like Team Rocket suddenly becoming a threat

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Oh yeah, I'm totally waiting to see how things pan out, it's just kind of funny how he went from side-character to villian between the two games. I definitely never expected his role to expand like this.

Big, mondo chin and all :allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

No, no I think you all are thinking of Yusuke's loud, orange-haired friend from Yu Yu Hakusho :hmmyes:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I just like saying the name Gaap.

Gaap :v:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Um but what about the woman festival?? :colbert:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Uh huh...uh huh, I see...*pulls out note pad* "four...wrestling rings...stacked on top...of each other". Got it

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Kurieg posted:

It's actually 100 levels high, but the PS2 can't really render all that.

:stare:

I completely missed that

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Sorry I'm still laughing over egg whites

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

:catstare:

I just...want to know how/why/when that Karin reaveal was decided upon.

Thanks for taking us through this, Id. I wouldn't have been surprised if you decided to abandon this one, so I appreciate the effort in finishing it. Seriously, thank you so much for all the great memories here on this dead, gay forum :)