Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
I played this game before the first one, so the graveyard didn't bother me much - until I saw how it looked in first game, and realised just how utterly the Mistletoe Curse obliterated it. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
Hey, maybe Roger of all people, having read the uncut version of the Emigre, knows how to do it “properly”. It’s stated he removed the section on immortality, but maybe he hosed with the other parts, too?

Or maybe they stop at the “create a body” part.

e: also everyone else needed to murk a load of scrubs to accumulate Malice, whereas Yuri's been stomping trash mobs all game. His necklace is a nice, shiny resurrection-red!

Lunar Suite fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 20, 2021

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Ar Tonelico has very pretty music, Mana Khemia has fun crafting.

Both of those games have really creepy sex stuff and I am deeply suspicious of their writers. When the literal walking fursuit is the least creepy thing in your game, you know you got a winner.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Yuri Hyuga 🤝 Edward Elric

• Solving problems by punching
  • getting owned really hard
  • trying to resurrect a loved one
  • anime coats
  • men should be buff, women should be va-va-va-voom
  • no you shut the gently caress up dad

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

These are Sora levels of having too many people inside you, Yuri. If you keep this up then you'll probably go back through The Portal That Is Kato into Shanghai, high-five several yourselves, then finally see Kato turn into a younger, even hunkier version of himself and peace out, taking any resolution to the plot with him.

...It is a little sweet that Alice decided to stick around and watch over Yuri.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

NGL, the Sub-Persona system, especially the part where you recover X HP and SP based on the sub-persona, was busted as gently caress and of course I abused the hell out of it.

So tbh yeah bring it back. I have fond memories of slamming Impure Reach (increase change of status effects landing) and Silence Circle (stop all enemies from using magic) onto Naoto, the character with the biggest stat - I wanna say luck? - for landing them, and nerfing every enemy encounter I met.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

BisbyWorl posted:

Why stop there? Give her Alice/Daisoujou and instantly delete any encounter that isn't outright immune. With the Sub-Persona SP boost, she could last for a full excursion without running dry.

Yeah, I think that's what I ended up doing; with Sub-Persona SP restoration there was no need to hold back and just let Naoto be the Monarch of Trashmob Death.

Also, the Old Doll was cool and the FOE battle theme owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

Thank you for the fun LPs, Id. It's been a pleasure.

And yeah - what the gently caress, she was his mom all along? Also, Karin, how much time did we waste to get you that ultimate sword? You got killed by a trashmob. For shame, Frau Koenig.