Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Chrono Trigger taught us guns are useless against Eldritch abominations. Girl knows her genre history

Doesnt stop lucca crittin for 999 against Lavos :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sum Gai posted:

Pretty sure magic's still a poorly-kept secret, and most people don't notice or just kind of ignore the random encounters, demons, ghosts, and so on.

or it just tends to happen to a select few very unlucky people who will inevitably end up saving the world.

The day when Yuri graced your little village was the most important day of your life, for him it was tuesday.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We already had a Tragic Backstory.

30-odd hours of it in fact :v:.

Koudelka.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Accordion Man posted:

If it wasn't for Koudelka Yuri would have never saved Alice.

On second thought, you mean the game itself right?

I'd argue Koudelka definitely is relevant but its in such a way that yeah, you could just start with Shadow Hearts 1 and still be fine.

Of course Koudelka is important.
The events of the game taught us that Wales is the universe focal point for the bad poo poo.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Robindaybird posted:

sad thing is, you can see parts of the system where it would work if it gotten some polish - and realize they didn't because of so many lovely subsystems that don't interact with the other systems or even work against it - for example you can't have a weapon break and a weapon skill level up in the same system especially with some weapon types being rare or will break quickly.

coughs
SaGa
coughs

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Typical millennial. Can't even feed himself. Useless :jerkbag:

Typical turn of the centennial

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Marmaduke! posted:

I have to wonder, did this come about because they consider Pulse to be "down under"?

Localizers settling down, having a meeting

Lead: So we have these two characters who come from a wild untamed land where everything is huge and wants to kill them, how should we voice them?
#1: Australian?
#2: Australian.
#3: ...Australian.
#4: Australian!
Lead: Fine the meme answer wins

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cardiovorax posted:

Keith is way too thin and noodly to be a proper Jojo, though.

Thats where youre wrong kiddo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Keiths a noodly nerdinger
Part 6 onwards.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I didn't see that Lenny was littering, and I was trying to figure out that body language.

The artist started on Lenny after Veronica and didnt remember they were supposed to be drawing a big burly man until they finished the torso.

I mean come on

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pretty much any figure from Antiquity.

And Charlemagne.
You fight him After Roland pulls a Luca Blight

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CVE posted:

Persona 1 or 2 had Hitler as a villain. Though I feel he probably was a JRPG villain in more than one game.

Persona 2: IS
Not truly Hitler, but (re)born from a rumor based on a book that says he survived his suicide and is waiting for his time to come back.

(In persona 2 the supernatural happenings give power to rumors and make them real)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

2 Updates until someone mentioned Rasputin's dick

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yuri dancing with Blanca is a delight

: Well excuuuuuuuuuuse me princess, you're interrupting Man & Dog bonding time.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

amigolupus posted:

So what're the odds that Rasputin "healing" Alexei to get the Tsarina's trust is going to lead to Alexei transforming into some horrible monstrosity?

The odds should be on whether its simply just alexei or a amalgamated flesh abomination of all the royal family

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

:ssh:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Neddy Seagoon posted:

All while the Tsar and Tsarina are presumably watching this poo poo go down from a palace window and asking to themselves "...Was that under there the entire time?" :confused:

They never believed crazy uncle Antonov.
Said he was a little too inbred

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Albert: See Yuri when an evil villain thinks theyre making a big getaway thats when they have their defenses down.
Yuri: You just say that cuz you got beaned in the back of the head

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kato just burned all the goodwill on being the first person since Bacon to use the emigre manuscript competently.
None of the mutant apes are horrible flesh abominations bent on destroying all life.

YET

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Speedball posted:

Okay, I get that the evil book gave Kato access to necromancy and he seems to know some other sorcery as well now, but I don't think it covered cybernetics. Japan in this universe is weirdly high-tech for its time.

Bacon added an extensive section on mechanical and electrical engineering.
Theres a disclaimer in the beginning warning the reader and informing them of the much safer, much more reliable techniques contained later in the book.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

achtungnight posted:

2 Fusion Masters in the party? This doesn't seem right.

Well Yuri's a harmonixer. not the harmonixer.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I'd be just Guy who likes Video Games
wont even have a sidequest or even a lottery

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its Back! Glad to see the return, Id.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So
How long until poo poo goes south for Kato because hes messing with the Emigre Manuscript

and using it to make his dead CO's chest and rear end bigger.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh no Kato has the man pain
Not even the tender touch of a titty can douse the smouldering coal of mangst within

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Sterski posted:

They're doing a much better job of the whole "hero and villain with mutual respect" thing this time around.

Also, I loving KNEW this would happen. Yuri can NOT be dumb enough to try the thing that has never worked out for anyone ever, right?

RIGHT?

No it's definitely this time that loving with the orphan blood recipe book will work.

In an alternate world:
: "Rip to ur clone girlfriend but im different"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Id be angry.
Betraying his friends so he can wage preemptive war on everyone? Thats a few more kicks between the ribs, minimum. Itd have been easier to accept if he didnt understand or cared about the weight of his actions, but he chose otherwise.

His whole speech before he gets a kicking of his life amounts to "I had no choice"

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Mar 19, 2021

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lunar Suite posted:

Hey, maybe Roger of all people, having read the uncut version of the Emigre, knows how to do it “properly”. It’s stated he removed the section on immortality, but maybe he hosed with the other parts, too?

Or maybe they stop at the “create a body” part.

e: also everyone else needed to murk a load of scrubs to accumulate Malice, whereas Yuri's been stomping trash mobs all game. His necklace is a nice, shiny resurrection-red!

The body creation is not the hard bit
Its the not having the body get possessed by a murderous eldritch demon anathema to all life.

Also I like the Large Bad Idea Collider theorem.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gilgamesh255 posted:

An example of Chaos Wars' oh so stellar voice acting, featuring Yuri, Karen, and Nicolai...annnd some other chick I don't know.

https://youtu.be/bangt7d9vGA

You mean

URU Karen, and Nicole

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Mar 23, 2021

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

LJN92 posted:

I mean I get that, but short of them inventing new dialogue, the takeaway from this scene appears to be that the characters didn't know each other.

Nah she could be saying Oji-san when talking to him and thats both a way to refer to your uncle or a less formal way to refer to an older man. So bad translations all around.

Translation is easy to make a poo poo job of when you have 0 interest in the context of things.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ultrafilter posted:

Gepetto is Alice's uncle in this game.

lmao gepetto is such a nothing character

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Pork is a scarcely used ingredient for curries, mainly because a lot of india is vegetarian, then of the remainder that do eat meat a majority is muslim. So I think the localizers may have pulled from a local curry place's menu, which, odds are, ran by pakistani or bangladeshi people, predominantly muslim.

I do love a good curry though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thats a disappointing reward

Perhaps the true treasure were the men we met along the way