Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Speaking of irresponsible, the bloody state of the claw gloves on these goon jobbers. Who signed off on that!? What's going to happen when they need to open a door or frankly do literally anything that doesn't involve stabbing? Are you going to take use the bathroom wearing those things? How will you flush the toilet when you're done? How are you going to wipe your rear end!? HOW!?

I don't remember the heartless getting involved in the Great War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The combo attack descriptions remind me of Xenosaga 2's mechanics.

That is not a comparison to be happy for. So the fact this game is regarded well is a surprise. Probably because its simply a "pass/fail" check rather than "hit the enemy 6 times in a precise order when the only means of doing so is attack specific and can't be targeted manually"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I actually don't think I finished this game, but I do remember Blanca never left my party unless he had to because he's The Goodest Boy

yeah this. the random scenes where Blanca is on screen just go :3:

If Blanca is not on screen everyone should be going "where's Blanca?" or "c'mre boy!"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So now we don't need to worry about trying to figure out why at the end of every dungeon we fight "arbitrary random monster out of nowhere!" happens. Its just the Yuri's bling spewing them out.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Fenrir, Jourmang... the world serpent, and Hel I think.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Vaan's purpose boils down to existing purely so that 40 hours in Ashe can turn around and go "wait, you see the force ghost of my fiance too!?" "You can see the force ghost of my absolutely not nobility brother knight!?"
Vaanette doesn't even have that.

As for not remembering Ashe, it might be because her concept art I think is blonder than it is in game?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Could be worse.... could be Bubsy.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Anime Reference posted:

Apparently cosplayers who have made realistic replicas of Lulu's dress say that the belts end up so drat heavy it's basically impossible to do anything in.

Not surprised, I'd say that looking at the visible belts, not including any lower levels of weaves or whatever the hell that is, it'd probably be at least 40 pounds someone could see. So probably bare minimum 60 pounds of leather and clasps.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'm sorry, I have a daughter too and she just felt a little sick for the last few days and I can't imagine the madness of being any more than a few miles away from her. Literally crying right now for you and your family.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

*Chewbacca roar of lament*

May she be the inspiration for the most :black101: of weapon stories, if that's desired.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'm happy to be part of your coping mechanism.

I'm also deeply, sincerely sorry that I'm part of your coping mechanism.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Malah posted:

I want Macho Man Randy Savage Wolf.

Sorry I had a lousy day and now all you will too.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Suddenly I doubt the existence of the Macho Dog Randy Savage... we're going to fight the real Macho Man as a superboss, aren't we?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I was going to ask why we get a bat and mist transformation but not a wolf... then remembered we already have a Good Boy.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

NEXT TIME ON SHADOW HEARTS:

I've not slept in over a day. I will likely not sleep another day. I am alarmed and concerned not about the inevitable fact that everything will taste like cardboard and possibly spiders crawling on my arms, but for the context of that thing.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

[img]i_am_a_genius_oh_no.png[/img]

And there goes the chosen one who was supposed to bring balance to the party composition and end the sausage fest.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Hierophant is a 50% heal, I imagine getting a sparkly reverse Hierophant just instantly kills everyone.

I was expecting it to heal the enemy. "All right, just one more round and I'm going to beat this games super boss" *50% heal*

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Not sure if I'm alright with Haures' description unless he's actually Liam Neeson getting mad about a pink elephant plushie. If you do not get this reference, please do yourself a service and look up Darkman pink elephant on YouTube. Anyway, the oil fields are taken and this is the only southern slot open near a border so here we go with Haures.

Liam Neeson in a funny funnel hat doing a jaunty little jig of rage.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Get to a new page and there will be a new update. We cannot continue in the torture dimension.

>What are you trying to do?
>How can I delete posts?
>[Baffling badly translated sexy option]

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

[i]Aww... the Master never wants to see me! Does he not like you?
He likes you just fine, Lenny. But you ARE the muscle of the group, so...

Is that supposed to be "Does he not like me?"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

achtungnight posted:

Nah, Zangief is way dumber than Lenny.

Zangief- "General Bison's a BAD GUY? Then why do we work for him?"

Deejay- "Well, I don't know about you, but he paid me a fortune."

Zangief- "Wait, you got paid?"

"QUICK! Change the channel!"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Push button.

ACTIVATE BACON JET

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Why the hell is Fire Emblem Mrs. Krabappel doing in Alternate History WW1?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Yuri just starts barging into cutscenes now holding half a photo screaming if you've seen this man. Then he winds up another shining burning finger. Sometimes he mixes it up and shining burning fingers before asking about the guy.

Yuri is a land of contrasts.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

For one brief, blessed moment I thought that the joke was they just made her invisible.

Me, 3 minutes ago: "its... its not good, but thankfully I can just page down I read the text, The Bad Place will soon be gone..."
Me, 2 minutes, 59.8 seconds ago "gently caress gonna scroll back up until I finish reading the next line of text then double tap page down."

Also I forgot about Meiyuan, its too early for this.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Chrono Cross does too. Just the last 2 dungeons and 100000 lines of :goonsay: but yeah the main reason for doing everything you were out to accomplish was wrapped up at the end of disc 1.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I remember the mortibody and mortichariot and mortiwheeloffourtunes of Seymour, I wonder what mortibeard will do.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Will you sell it to me? Or tell me where I can buy one?! It's giving me inspiration for a new dress.

It was at that point that I realized that I was reading that line towards the top of the page and that the hell image was at the bottom. I quickly scrolled back up, and then found there were 2 of those things in a row. :cripes:

quote:

Speaking of Lucia, right up the street from where we obtained some [s]perfume[/i] oil from harassing a random townsperson, we can find another of Lucia's Tarot Cards ditched in a corner.

broken tags

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

The Dark Kato Crew

I dislike Okua Kong's render.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

achtungnight posted:

2 Fusion Masters in the party? This doesn't seem right.

oh please let the Harmonixers do a little fusion dance and become Yurado or something.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Geostomp posted:

I choose to believe that Joachim channels his vampire powers through whatever he holds. Whatever he believes is stronger will become stronger. A cheap table could crack mountains as long as it’s held by our wrestling idiot.

I also love that the emcees are just so stunned by the whole thing that they don’t even object to having their table stolen right in front of them by some huge weirdo.

So just capital G Glamour the fey and other supernatural things.

Now I just wonder if he's not even actually fighting enemies but they're just really really against breaking kayfabe.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

stryth posted:

That is the face of a man who is finally realizing just how high the creep factor his situation is, and wonders, "Could this get any weirder?"

This was just before the electrococktherapy began so the answer is definitely "yes."

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'm glad you figured out the boss weakness so soon. the loving wily capsules are the worst.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I considered this a good use of my time, and considered it a good use of your "page down" button

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Kurieg posted:

You can use the 8 bit Treble sprites from MM10.

Thanks for reminding me about that. I was thinking about rush or those hot dogs from MM2 and, well, :effort:

Now enjoy him and a bonus* Geppeto.

*May not be a real bonus. Lucia or creepy dolls sold separately never

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't that one of the moogles that save Terra at the start of FFVI?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Just thought Garan suffered from Freeza VA syndrome where the pale villian just sounds like a grandma.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So is Garan dead or not?

A legit question since it seems like this Japan Arc is 50/50 for boss fights just dying for good the second they keel over in battle without any sort of post fight monologue.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Oh. Yeah, Garan is loving dead. I should probably clarify that. He does come back as a ghost and an optional boss fight.

Thanks, kind of assumed that and that he'd be back somehow, wouldn't put it past this game to have him show up instead of a boss fight but in that ghost hole where he wants his pillow back and Yuri must think long and hard between enjoying the hover pillow and scratching the completionist itch and handing it over. Its just strange that in this game people die when you kill them, instead of pelleting them with 4 or 5 meteors, stabbing them 15 times, a few dozen suplexes and even as they crumble into dust somehow have enough life in them to talk for 2 more minutes.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Feb 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

10 day rice and the gyroid that they dug up from some guy's grave some time ago.

Huh, that makes the whole animal crossing thing for haniwa gyroids a lot more dark huh.