Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
No parent should have to bury their child. Take as much time as you need to grieve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

And by order of elimination and also the fact it's the only oasis in the desert, we can slot Beleth here to finish the set.
Are you sure he doesn't live by the oasis so he can catch fish for the local church girl? :v:

I haven't checked on this thread for months and I regret that quite a bit: this game really is one of a kind in all the best ways. Hope things look up for Id real soon.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
In fairness to Lenny, being less intelligent than a wolf isn't saying much in this kind of game. Now, getting duped by Yuri, on the other hand...

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I can only imagine Yuri saying the perverted responses in the most bored monotone imaginable, even though he's well-established as a lech.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Hey, it makes perfect sense! Why would a religious official summon a demon? That's the exact opposite of what they do!

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Yuri will always hold a special place in my heart just for playing with a big wolf instead of listening to Anastasia's fanciful speech. Still, this version of Princess Anastasia is quite entertaining. I feel like she'd be way into magical girl anime if they existed right now...which they might.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Pretty messed up that the game favors denying a starving man from having a light snack. The desire for one-of-a-kind items makes many men into monsters.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I got a hunch somebody in Sapientes Gladio is gonna get stabbed in the back. Question is, whose knife hand is quicker?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I wonder how Anastasia would react to English titles that put Cyrillic letters in the wrong places, like this:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

RandomMagus posted:

Ah yes, I love *squints* Vordt?
Eh, he wasn't my favorite boss ever. He did gently caress me up a few times when he started charging all over the place, though.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

...! posted:

Considering that Yuri is half Russian, not being able to read the language would be shameful. :colbert:

Yes, I know that that's very common. But for Yuri it's shameful.
I'm fully Korean and I can't read Korean at all!

Well, I can, but I don't understand it is the issue here.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm still not over that crazy-rear end cutscene. Motherfucker clotheslined a zeppelin and punched Rasputin the Mad Monk so hard that he blew up his airship, by God.

I know lust refers to an excess of desire for something non-material, but when I read about Asmodeus being a demon of lust, I think of all those rumors about Rasputin having a giant dick.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
"Hey, babe, your name ain't Kriemhild, but I still want to put a ring on that."

"Get the gently caress out of my mind palace, Nicolai."

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh, drat, I missed out on a lot, and by a lot I mean whatever the gently caress Rasputin turned into. Not even imperialist regimes should mess with a Wolf Bout champion.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
All caught up again. The whole Mutant Apes project shows that underneath the sweet cape and basso profundo voice, Kato is in some ways more pathetic than his greener SH1 counterpart. You hate to see a guy go off the deep end like that.

On a lighter note, Anastasia swooning over Kurando is especially funny to me because I've been playing a game where her love interest is rather far from the cool, professional bodyguard she's fallen for here.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Poor Garan had the misfortune of meeting an adventuring party that's already seen all manner of bizarre and terrifying creatures. To them, his only distinguishing trait is that he's ugly as sin.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I am very much enjoying the complete lack of respect Garan is being given. Maybe if he's lucky, he'll bow out of the story without a word instead of being killed by an antagonist higher up on the food chain or beefing up, only to be killed by our intrepid heroes.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm the weird hermit who looks like he's responsible for the sinister goings-on in the local area, but is actually a red herring.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Man, this is not a healthy way to cope with loss. Neither is getting your rear end kicked by a motley crew of weirdos, but I don't think Kato's getting much of a choice in that matter.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The Great Gama: summoning ring corners from out of nowhere 14 years before Incineroar did.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Stick to your romance novels, Anastasia. This kind of thinking has no place in reality. After all, how many of them have giant pink cats, flamboyant teleporting dressmakers, and a royal adviser who turns into a...a loving...uterus-beast or whatever?

You know, I thought it was a bit convenient that the dog-monster suddenly showed up out of nowhere for the party to exterminate. Turns out the writers were thinking the same thing. :v:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Shitenshi posted:

We're living in an alt-history and our princess has fought off things that would make her assassins blush. I stand by what I said. :colbert:
On the one hand, that conspiracy theory about Anastasia surviving the revolution wouldn't be the weirdest thing to happen in this world. On the other hand, we can't say for certain whether or not the Bolsheviks summoned an army of demons to execute the Romanovs in this timeline.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The poo poo-loving begins anew! Happy to see you back, TDI.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Extremely on-brand for Garan to just die after his second fight, allowing the party to show no respect for the dead and scrounge through his little pockets.

Also, I see what you did with Yuri bringing up the small, small turtle house right before going to Inugami Village.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Blanca was the name of Lobo's mate, so that implies Blanca was named after his dear old granny.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
"You wouldn't think an abomination of flesh with a scorpion tail and gnashing teeth all over would usually be chill. But you'd be wrong."

Well, it's better to save that venom for those who deserve it, and by "deserve it", I mean "look like they'd make a nice statue". :v:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Yuri felt the emotionally devastating boss fight coming on and said, "Nope, gently caress that." Couldn't escape the emotional devastation, though.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

EggsAisle posted:

Hey, not all Drakenier weapon stories are end in the horrific demise or torment of the characters involved. I'm pretty sure there's at least one weapon story that goes something like "There was once a village blacksmith who was renowned for his skill. Two girls sought to become his apprentice and competed to see who could forge the best sword. The blacksmith said they were equally matched and took both of them on. They spent the rest of their days forging quality steel and having threesomes. THE END"

I'll grant you, they're much more the exception than the rule...
I fondly remember that one weapon story where a monstrous dragon became best friends with a sadistic little girl.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
You hate to see a little girl get jaded about saving the entire world. Everything becomes routine if you do it long enough.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Somehow, those two lines about getting lunch struck me as extra absurd.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm honestly impressed that Lucia hosed everyone else over the moment she was given a second chance. I can't tell if this is stupidity, spite, or some mixture of both.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I don't know which eyepop smilie I should use for this.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I can't believe they cut out the life-shaking revelations Joachim receives on the 76th level! That was the entire point of this challenge being included! :argh:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Ultimately the ghost of the biblical first king of Israel was defeated by the fursuit-clad founder of the Boy Scouts of America summoned by a wolf's ghost horde. That's a sentence I can type about a video game.
Wow, Fate/Stay Night's spinoffs got really weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Congratulations on finishing this LP, Id. It was a hell of a ride.

Also, now that you've beaten up the final boss, I can now post the Near Death Experience remix of his theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgWfdjUwpME