Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
One other way to tell that Nicolai was outright evil? He's voiced by Takehito Koyasu in Japanese who'd go on to voice Dio Brando a good 8 years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Yeah, Radeus is very much "filler episode sentai villain of the week" material there.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
If that's the case, those belts aren't there because she's a sexy goth chick/Nomura was dicking with the animators. Those are just power limiters holding her back.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Remember how Id had his son draw up scenes from his Let's Plays in crayon, especially with 9S getting clowned on? That's what I imagine was going on here. They got one of the producer's kids to just draw the scenes.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
It wasn't until I went back and heard Joachim's voice that now it made sense. He's basically Wamuu from Part 2 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Hell, you could make this even more awesome by replacing Joachim's theme with the Pillar Men theme when he makes his appearance as Grand Papillon.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
IIRC, there was an Shin Megami Tensei game that had Rasputin as the villain, right?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Looking at these old pics of Rasputin makes me think he could pass for an ancestor of full bearded Daniel Bryan.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I could see someone with enough money buying the game rights, remaking it from top to bottom but rather than saying "Okay give us $60 or you never see it again," just make it a budget title for $20-40 so when the inevitable PS4/XB1/Steam sales come rolling in, people start opening their wallets for it.

Isn't it a usual thing for people who used to work on the game to form their own companies for the sole purpose of not only buying the rights to it but then getting into new titles? Basically Telltale Games it!

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I'm always ready for when things get wild in a Dark Id ride. :getin:

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I'm surprised with that reference they didn't work in a "Did you just step on me?" joke.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Considering gachas have had any and every form of crossover from Persona 5, Seven Deadly Sins, Goblin Slayer and now Monster Hunter, I would download and spend my money if by some miracle they got the rights to have a Shadow Hearts crossover, even if it turns out Yuri and the gang are trash at worst and middle ground at best.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Okay, now that I read that last Ring Soul spot, is it wrong I imagine ProZD doing his normal voice and for his Miyabi imitation, he does his Tomoko voice?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

achtungnight posted:

So are the little girl's kidnappers connected to Kaito or just a rando yakuza clan making trouble? Perhaps led by a dashing fellow with an eyepatch and a hanya tattoo? Or do I have the wrong game? Taking bets now!

Okay, I would pay for a Shadow Hearts/Yakuza crossover. Judgment Ring + HEAT action? Yes please.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Is it wrong of me that I want to see someone make Anastasia do the Smug Hat Kid Dance?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
And this in a weird month when they just started coming out with the Sailor Moon Redraw meme.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Zagglezig posted:

Welcome back and glad you're relatively okay. Hope things get better from here.

1-5: "Why", "Magimel", "Sarah", "Pierre's", and "Sarah"
6th should probably be "Yuri runs in for a rematch"
Guessing 7th should be something like "offspring shows up to protect their mama"
8th is kind of awkward, so maybe "there were three enemies in the cutscene and we just fought three enemies in the ensuing battle, it only counted"
The whole "Amanda" thing is cause Id treats Sarah like she's really some rich white girl backpacking across the world on her parents' dime than a spirit medium.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

FeyerbrandX posted:

I considered this a good use of my time, and considered it a good use of your "page down" button

I remember way back when there used to be a Mega Man sprite comic called Bob and George. That kind of panel would have fit in like any other episode.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
So I was not prepared for that Nichijou reference. Anyone expecting Joachim to now want to wield a mighty stag into combat?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I've learned of a trope recently called Cosmic Deadline, where they just decide to hastily end all the plotlines as quick as possible with little to no satisfactory conclusion because of time and/or budget constraints. For a good example, think of the Chairs Zone from Xenogears.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
It's only now that I've feasted on anime tropes long enough to get the significance of spider lilies in that shot, too.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

I personally accept it! Hell, I'd imagine the ending where Alice lives would have led to Calliope Mori.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
So, how soon until someone draws not Lucia, but at least Yuri with Amon (Original or Neo) as his Stand?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

After all the hype, I expect no less than Godbert Manderville levels of manliness from this festival, drat it.

I was not expecting to hear that name spoken within this thread. Either way, the Manderville family would fit in well with the zany shenanigans of the Shadow Hearts world.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Now that I'm caught up again, I'd imagine Anastasia as a shitheel manager along the lines of Paul Heyman calling out Rasputin Reigns while Joachim Lesnar just stands there with the JoJo menacing aura ready to take someone to Boatplex City.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Welp, if it's one thing your LPs have done, it's (re)introduce me to Drakengard as well as Nier. Any time I like to point out how we got to Best Boy Emil, sexy droids and Best Mom Ghost (Mama in Nier Re[in]carnation), I make sure to point people to the utter calamity that is Drakengard 1 and the utter shitpost ending that was Ending E.

I also make sure they get a warning if they plan on reading the Drakengard 2 LP so they know how much of an utter garbage fire that game was, even if Caim stabs a guy in the dick so hard it kills Death.