Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender

Accordion Man posted:

There actually is zero rights issues, the publisher just stopped making games and focused entirely on pachinko, they're just sitting on the rights and letting them squander. It's not like say, NOLF, where three competing major companies each own part of the rights.

NOLF doesn't right any bells. What is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
An interesting fact for those of you playing this or From the New World on an emulator: While Cheat Engine, for whatever reason, does not seem able to affect the amount of Soul Points you have stored up, nor the Soul you have stuffed into any of the Element Stones in the Graveyard, it can affect the amount of points you have used to buff up Yuri's fusions in his Personal menu*. This also goes for the Fusion character in FtNW. Something to cut down on the grinding if one absolutely needs it.

*In Covenant one has to exit the triangle-butto menu entirely between changing the value and charging up, otherwise the value will reset to what it was before you changed it when the charging begins.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
Hey Dark Id, what are your video settings on the emulator? When I play everything looks a little blurry/washed out in both Hardware and Software mode, but other than the lack of graphical glitches in SW mode they look the same.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
:stare:

All these years, and I never noticed that you can change Cornelia's dresses in Gepetto's Personal menu.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
Ah, no. The Magimel brothers are, well, brothers. They are referring to the gay couple in From the New World.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
People were talking about how Joachim/Grand Papillion's speech during his introduction was referencing something or other, but his laugh right before he showed up might have been a reference to Golden Bat(Ōgon Bat).

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
Let's not forget that Ishimura is behind Japan dicking around in China in this setting, meaning that he is the reason for Dehuai's nonsense in the first game and the indirect cause of the death of both of Yuri's parents.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
Chalk me up as one who never realized you could go back to see Henri in the castle.

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender

AweStriker posted:

If you see a small bird in the Black Forest, don’t attack it.

What's the reference?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceblocks
Jan 5, 2013
Taco Defender
Your LPs got me into Drakennier, Chrono Cross and Xenogears. For a time rereading your LPs were an annual ritual for me.

I guess what I'm getting at is: Thank you for playing!

EDIT: The LP of Final Fantasy 10 and the thread gave me new appreciation of that game.

Iceblocks fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Aug 29, 2021