Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Speedball posted:

So is magic public knowledge at this point or are people like Karin still getting used to it?

Pretty sure magic's still a poorly-kept secret, and most people don't notice or just kind of ignore the random encounters, demons, ghosts, and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
In terms of puppeteer assassins, I have to point out Marionette Owl, from Metal Gear Ghost Babel. Which got LP'ed by someone on this forum I'm pretty sure, though I've forgotten his name, it's on the tip of my tongue...

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
In The Dark Half for the SNES (no relation to Stephen King) you spend half the game playing as the hero trying to stop the Dark Lord's rampage, and the other half playing as the Dark Lord, on said rampage. Among other things the villain chapters involve raiding villages to eat civilians.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

achtungnight posted:

2 Fusion Masters in the party? This doesn't seem right.

Fusion is definitely the kind of power reserved for main characters, but, well, this just happened anyway.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

Well Nicolai managed to release all that malice which, uh..... apparently was bad? Maybe?

It's implied to have made WW1 that much more brutal, and may be the cause of some of the later horrors of the 20th century like, e.g., the Nazis. So... pretty bad, yeah.

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013

Xander77 posted:

I've apparently forgotten all about Kato's plan. It's actually fairly convincing, given the circumstances. I get that Yuri isn't exactly up for a debate about utilitarian ethics, but at least considering things would have been nice.

To be fair to Yuri, "I'm going to go back 100 years, take over the world, and redo things so the present is a utopia or at least less lovely" is a plan with... many, many ways to fail. Also it gets into weird ethical territory re: if you overwrite a timeline aren't you basically killing everyone in the old one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
Thanks for this. It's given me a new appreciation for the game, even if I still see why it frustrated me back when it came out- not least the "Karin is his mother" reveal being just completely bizarre.