Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
Man, if stabbing, cutting and shooting ghosts surprises this girl, wait until she learns you can just punch em in the face to deal with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Reinbach posted:

I just want to point out that devilman was shrugging off those bullets in a cutscene!

Just wait till later to be REALLY Impressed.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Accordion Man posted:

More like next update

Or the following update at the latest. Either/or.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

Okay but how soon before we get multiple dead children poured together to create some kind of magical abomination

Been about 10 years since I last played, but I THINK We avoid that this game...

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Except, as stated, at this point, Koudelka has no impact on this game.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

RandomMagus posted:

Postcards? Prescription medicine bottles? Overly elaborately decorated cakes? Progressively larger balloon animals?

The suspense is killing me.

It gets REALLY Freakin Weird.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

My favorite version of the myth is the one where Arachne brags about being better at weaving than the Gods and then Athena comes down and is all "oh yeah?! Prove it!" and Arachne is just like "Fine, I will" and it turns out Arachne actually IS better at weaving than the Gods and Athena is so pissed about this she whacks Arachne other the head and murders her and then turns her corpse into a spider as an extra little gently caress you.

The Greek Gods were total dicks.

Especially Zeus, who could keep his out of anything.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

IMJack posted:

Only the beginning, my friend. Only the beginning.

Understatement of the Century.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

japan why

You think that's bad? In the Directors Cut of the game, which is Japan only if I remember right, one of the outfits is basically as she appears in that exact image. And the Stud on the Card for it is of one person we all know and hate VERY well

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Persona 5 stuff is significantly worse. The Magimel brothers may be stereotypes, but at least they're actual characters (and portrayed as pretty nice guys with useful skills) and not just an excuse to do child rape jokes.

For the sake of my own sanity I'm just going to go ahead and assume that Cornelia is a small doll modeled after an adult woman. Actually, is she modeled after Gepetto's late wife? Is she inhabited by his late wife's ghost? That would be kind of sweet, in a super creepy way.

It is actually modeled after His Dead Daughter

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
Best character the whole series you mean, as far as entertainment value goes..

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
Joachim is the best. Especially his sidequests. ALL Of them are probably the most amazing in the entire game.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
I always thought the Palace area of the Key of Solomon was Palace of Transgression, not Tranquility. Also, the Forest of Passion is indeed KINDA Rapey... Bet Zeus would feel right at home there.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Speedball posted:

Oh god, I just realized, they updated Karin and Gepetto's "slightly drunk" titles to "Sloshed" and "Hangover Tomorrow" after we cut back to them haha.

Huh. Never noticed that myself... but in my defense I likely played this game back before I even know what those terms meant so it likely flew over my head.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

I'm pretty sure I could actually write out some late game events here and no one would believe me.

I'm pretty sure we could write complete and utter nonsense and have it be more believable than what we will experience throughout this game. And by saying this anyone who has played can now write out whatever they want and those in this blind will not be sure WHAT to believe as they will constantly wonder what we are saying is too absurd to be true, not absurd enough and so on.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

BisbyWorl posted:

Calling it now: Joachim's ultimate weapon will be Keith's coffin.

Every hit will have a small voice line of Keith complaining about it.

Oh come on. That is nowhere NEAR as Absurd as Joachim's Weapons can get.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

stryth posted:

FTNW gets even weirder than Joachim, by several orders of magnitude, I really hope TDI LPs that someday!

True, but I still think most of them pale in comparison to Joachim's penultimate and Ultimate Weapons

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Gilgamesh255 posted:

Joachim: Oh...well this is awkward.
Edward: Oh God! Where am I?! I have to get back to my wife; she's expected to give birth to our child anytime now!
Joachim: ...really awkward.

One awkward explanation later...

Edward: So you're telling me, you're a pro wrestling vampire, that was trying to teleport the gargoyle using an invention of the mad monk, got me instead, and hoisted me away from my wife to the U.S.A.?
Joachim: Indeed, my most humble apology--
Edward: Hell yes!
Joachim: Eh?
Edward: You just saved me money on ship fare! Now to pursue my dream of becoming a novelist, and send the money back to my wife to support her!

Of course, when your wife is a former gypsy/rpg protagonist, it gets a bit hard to nail down their location, so she missed the money completely. gently caress.

...That makes more sense than it has any right to in this series.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
For those wondering if any of their weapon guesses were correct... One of you were. In fact, Doubly so for the sequel game. Also A couple of you were thematically correct, if wrong otherwise, on some of his weapons.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

CmdrKing posted:

Sure, but on the other hand, what sort of monster would ever take Joachim out of the party?

I like to switch my party members around regularly to keep things fresh.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Kanfy posted:

Personally I'm very particular about my video game pussies, gotta be at least pierced and colored a beautiful shade of pink for me to be into it.

Well, the pussy is big, it is a lovely shade of pink and it is most definitely pierced. Is it to your liking?

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
I drat near passed out from laughter reading the update with the last boss battle, was laughing so hard I couldn't breath.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
I doubt Yuri would try using it. For starters, even with a war going on, it would be more of a pain in his rear end than he is willing to deal with to find enough orphans to make a biomass slurry out of them to even begin trying.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Captainsalami posted:

Much like how all Kevin's are weird, all Amy or Amis are bitchy.

That's news to me. I'd assumed from all the stories about entitled, parents, customers, ect I'd seen online, I'd figure it would be Karen instead of Ami/Amy

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

achtungnight posted:

Hope Joachim can handle Great Gama Round 2 after the next dungeon. He's my favorite sidequest. Wolf Bout is a close second.

Canines wear Druid Robes all the time in D&D. Druids shapeshifted into canines anyway.

I can't wait until we get to the Endgame Part of Joachim's Sidequest and see everyone's reaction to it. It is the most glorious thing ever.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Junpei posted:

You know, I'm still not sure how the real Rasputin was such a lady-killer. Either he was a really good conversationalist or he secreted pheromones that made any woman within arm's reach wanna bang him.

I was saving this for later, but to hell with it, now is a good time to reveal this. Dude was hung like a horse. There is a Museum in Russia that apparently has his severed, pickled phallus on display and it is 12 inches long from what I have heard, and am not sure it the pickling left if soft or hard. THAT is why he could likely get all the ladies.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Geostomp posted:

They know it’s more trouble than it’s worth. I’d say using it as a bargaining chip is the second smartest thing to do with that book. The first is burning it.

I dunno, burning an ancient evil book of druidic rituals and spells seems like a BAAAAAAD idea, even if it is a translated copy. Who knows just what kinda poo poo would happen by doing that. Better to lock it in a chest, encase that chest in a block of concrete, encase the concrete in titanium, etch any kind of magical ruins that would make people stay the hell away from it and then drop it into the deepest, darkest trench the ocean has.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
Poor Yuri. At least before it was mostly actual threats who teleported, not the Rent-A-Mook the Villain hired to do a job.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
Eh, the starving dude will be fine. Look at him, he is quite hefty in size. He can't be starving that badly. And well dressed. He likely has a stash of food somewhere or a way to easily get too and from a place with food,

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

You could easily not realize that you didn't have to solve the puzzle to get Amon if you aren't using a guide. Plus if they went with the Seraphic Radiance now they wouldn't have been able to tie in Albert Simon.

Yeah. But then again it is probably more Realistic to tie in with Albert and Amon, Power Scale Wise than to Give Yuri the last Games Endgame Fusion whose lore literally states it has the power to murder gods before we even reach the mid game here. Plus, A demon in a church is more of a reason to freak out and get help from what appeared at the time to be the Vatican than a naked Angel is.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
Hopefully we don't run into any damned sewer puppies who blow up airplanes here.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Moleboy posted:

I think I remember someone farther up (like page 1 or 2ish?) Saying that the company with ownership had gone in super hard for Pachinko, though could've gone bankrupt since then.

It's a shame since these games have such an awesomely unique feel.

If I remember right, the company that owned it got bought out then the second company either got bought out or merged.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Geostomp posted:

So, basically, the rights of these games are tied up in so many hands that it’d be near impossible to get a re-release, let alone a sequel.

Pretty much, unless someone was to go through the hassle of buying the rights to them

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Malah posted:

Well.

You did warn us.

I will never feel clean again. :wtc:

Meh. I haven't felt clean since I learned about Goosh Goosh from Anime America. This is honestly less disturbing.

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The whole Ring Soul thing feels like a running gag Id would make up, except it's actually in the game

Shadow Hearts: Covenant isn't at Drakengard 3 levels of "did Id write this" but it's getting there

Just wait until he reaches From The New World

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
Well, the tower was used for torture and murder for YEARS, and the Catholic Church was pretty freakin brutal and unforgiving in the past from what I know. They may have just tortured and killed enough people at that specific place enough that it literally became a vault for Malice. Alternatively they used it as a focal point to draw in the malice of everyone killed due to the actions of Catholics over the centuries: The Crusades, Inquisition, ect, to keep it from causing them problems later. Basically Magically sweeping the anger of people killed by them under the rug and forgetting it even exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013

Zagglezig posted:

I can't remember, is Roger just immune to dying from old age or would he be fine if one of the bears got to him?
Granted, this is Shadow Hearts, it would be a demon ghost bear that ate too many lost hikers and would hold him for information/ritual.

"pursuing" I assume?

Considering Roger got teleported to the moon, survived the vaccuum of space and reentry to the Earth, I think he is full on Immorta;