Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Ready for Punch Hobo 2: Electric Bugaloo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Shitenshi posted:

Karin went berserk for me in the Gargoyle boss battle. Wasn't because of an unexpected roadblock like the Yamaraja mistranslation, her SP is just that goddamn low. Deffo made sure to keep an eye on her after that.

It's pretty much a series tradition in Shadow Hearts to have the female lead have incredibly tiny SP pools. That's especially fun when you are good at video games like I am and keep forgetting that SP drains at the start of turns so a character with 1 SP means they will go berserk next turn, not that you have one turn before they go berserk. :downs:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Sure, let's take a German Officer with us to Paris in the middle of World War I, what could go wrong?

The Dark Id posted:

I don't really a set bedtime and it's a Friday night.

Missing a "have" between "really" and "a."

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Adnor posted:

The dog is smarter than Yuri?

Yeah that makes sense.

He's a wolf.

One of the running gags of Covenant is that Blanca is way more competent than the chucklefucks he hangs with.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Junpei posted:

Another gameplay note: In Covenant, Yuri's Fusions 'cost' for SP are actually a per-turn cost, instead of the first game's up-front ones. So, instead of a big Sanity cost for transforming up front, Yuri just burns through SP faster transformed.

This actually has the benefit of allowing Yuri to switch between Fusions on the fly for tactical reasons (aided by the fact that he can now, you know, go from one Fusion while already fused), which is nice, and opens up some interesting strategies later on.

It's especially nice that they let you use any fusion you've unlocked in Covenant instead of forcing you to equip just 3 like in the first Shadow Hearts.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

What is Killing Bites?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Shitenshi posted:

Taro Yoko seems to be the new go-to guy for grimdark stuff, so hopefully one of these days he'll do a Gothic/real world based kind of story.

A :yokotaro: led Koudelka reboot is something I never thought I needed but now have to have. :stwoon:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jz1TjCphXE
Poor Lenny, he tries so hard.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

ShadowHeartsCovenant.jpg

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Bah gawd! That's Grand Papillon's music! :bahgawd:

Glad to see you're back TDI.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Junpei posted:

Crono doesn't say anything though, he's a silent protagonist

Alright, fine! He meaningfully shook his head no while epic music played. Happy now?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I do appreciate that they made a "Yuma without her mask of power hair ribbon" portrait for after she gives it to Joachim. It's a nice little touch.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

The Chin is back! :woop:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Aw geez, the straw thing is the kind of trading quest you can screw up permanently? That's just unfair.

Yep. They even threw in a couple of dead end trades as an extra "gently caress you, buy the strategy guide."

e: I am good at spoiler tags. :downs:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Maybe you guys could wait until [FINAL PARTY MEMBER] is actually introduced before discussing how they fit into your party dynamics.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Bye Lenny! :sadwave:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

Like in the first Shadow Hearts, we're given the option of naming this "Odd Creature." In fact, this is nearly the same screen as the first Shadow Hearts, just with Roger's updated outfit.

By default it is Roger, but I feel we can do better.

OLD Music: Bacon's Juice
(It's Roger Bacon's unfortunately named theme from Shadow Hearts 1.)

I love that they pulled the exact same joke that they did in SH1 even though in this game you can't rename your party members so it is completely out out of place here. :allears:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

As I understand it the main course of treatment was to try and bleed the hemophilia out of the kid so whatever old Raspie did would probably be an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

No! Stay good, Kato, stay good! :ohdearsass: