Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Death Emperor (I think that's him) got fuckin JACKED between games. Too bad he's probably gonna get tossed aside fairly quickly and completely forgotten about before we hit the five hour mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Oh god drat it Yuri. We didn't even get to play with your fusions before you hosed it up! drat it man, for a Godslayer you sure suck at not getting hosed up by the "Totally not evil" prettyboy.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Blanca is the goodest boy who will probably bathe in the blood of his doggie enemies. Also that's a pretty hosed up interpretation of Arachne, not gonna lie.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Alaan posted:

12 had a lot of bad Character design.

The fact Vaan was the main protagonist because they thought Basch wasn't engaging/attractive enough to sell the game on his own still pisses me off. FF12 had a LOT of bad choices, but the Vaan/Basch one was probably the worst of the lot...so much beginning padding...

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I'm personally split between faithful translations and ones that get the point across while retaining the game's charm. There's nothing wrong with tweaking dialogue to make it sound better in other languages, as long as it keeps the tone and impact of the original. Then you have badly done ones that, while make the game playable and "understandable" in another language, add in unnecessary dialogue or replace dialogue with memes to replace jokes that otherwise wouldn't work, in inopportune places.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
An entire sidequest devoted to underground cock wolf fights!? Sign me the gently caress up! We'll make our Good Boy into the Best Boy he can be!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And then you go into your head to... wait... oh my god;

Master Onion was right; Kick, Punch, it's all in the mind!

drat it, I was gonna make that joke! Ah well. Can’t wait to see Yuri’s Level 2 and 3 fusions after get get past all the sentai-not-monster stuff

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
pleasejoinuspleasejoinuspleasejoinuspleasejoinus

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

It's also the name of a breed of dog that has an adorable butterfly shaped heads:

I didn't know these existed and I want one. God that's adorable.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Oh gently caress...why does poo poo like this happen to good people? I'm sorry for your loss Id. Take as much time away from LPing as you need.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Junpei posted:

I've never understood why Japan has such a fascination with weird, strange outfits with random buttons and odd colors and zippers.

The JRPG with the most sensible clothing I can remember is The World Ends With You, and that's because it's set in modern-day Japan.

As long as it doesn’t shift into Nomura Fetish territory what with the belts and the zippers, I’m good. Also welcome back TDI.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
RIP Granny, she gave away something she coulda sold for millions. Oh well, it’s ours now. enjoy your dive bar, old woman!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Geostomp posted:

Beginning to think that the Empress is not a great judge of character.

Or she’s just...drunk/high all the time. That poo poo fucks with your head after a while, lets be real here.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Epicmissingno posted:

Alternatively, everything surrounding the Warcraft 3 remaster.

That poo poo’s gone so far down, I’m surprised it’s not been review bombed to a 0.1...yet...

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This is only Disc 1? What can beat this scene

Probably kill another God. Yuri would so very survive (and thrive) in places like the world(s) of Shin Megami Tensei. He has the whole thing down to a T

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I was not prepared for how loving hard Yuri Hyuga finally punched Grigori Rasputin.

How the gently caress did I miss this game?

I think a LOT of people slept on this game (and the first and third one's too, of course), but it honestly feels like a MUCH better game than it's original straight up, which not a whole lot of games do (Kingdom Hearts 2 and Megan 2 are a pair of games that come immediately to mind) that one-ups their originals (though I suppose SH1 WAS technically a sequel to Koduluka).

I've seen a number of games who get sequels (Looking at YOU Xenosaga 2 and Megaman Starforce 2 right off the top of my head) that are low points riding on the success of their first games so hard they kill the franchise either outright or are such low points even an even better third game, kills the series because they were such low points (still looking at those latter two games there. If you think I'm holding a grudge against them in particular, then you'd be right)

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

ZeusCannon posted:

The best rpg combat system was xenogears
Haven't played Xenogears, but I rather enjoyed the Mario RPG type combat systems. Use a single button to increase the damage/effects on a basic attack, a small string of buttons for a combat string/special moves to improve damage/effects/healing. Simple, but much more engaging than basic Turn Based combat. Also like Disgaea's version on Strategy Based RPGs, but I know a lot of people don't like Disgaea for one reason or another

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Oxxidation posted:

tiny voice from inside the bus:

"We get that you're strong, you don't need to beat them over the head with it!"

*exasperated chorus* "CARLOS"

drat it Mrs Frizzle, when will the tyrinny and suffering of your class end!? Seriously some of those episodes would be nightmares in hindsight if frizz and her bus were real...or through an adult eye.

HR12345 posted:

Considering gachas have had any and every form of crossover from Persona 5, Seven Deadly Sins, Goblin Slayer and now Monster Hunter, I would download and spend my money if by some miracle they got the rights to have a Shadow Hearts crossover, even if it turns out Yuri and the gang are trash at worst and middle ground at best.

All things considered, If they were added in something like Dragalia Lost, they'd have some unique mechanics and be fun to play, but not necessarily META defining. If it happened to, say, FFBE, THEN they'd wind up with a massively hard fall off (if they had good kits at all) about 3 months after you spent a couple hundred bucks on getting them to their maximum possible power alongside paid-only banners where all the resources you hoarded for them winds up being useless.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 25, 2020

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Pizuz posted:

Square did that for all three mainline PSX Final Fantasy games.

Yea, I remember FF9 wrapping up on a single giant dungeon as well though it WAS mostly a glorified boss rush at that point, using Kuja's Dragon, the Four Elemental Archfiends from FF1, Deathguise, Trance Kuja and Necron with Hades thrown in there if you found him roughly one after another... Oh, and that tedious as gently caress sidequest you could complete in Lindblum for another ribbon if you weren't above going back through the dungeon a dozen or so times. I remember that one took roughly 9 years to find out the existence of since it was so easy to miss.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Speedball posted:

Dog City and All Dogs both got cartoon series. Everything had a cartoon spinoff in the 90s. It was crazy.

I'm honestly surprised Honey I Shrunk the Kids didn't get an animated spinoff...though I remember the Live Action "continuation" vividly

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

...! posted:

Yeah, they go in order. So if you miss one, you'll get the dialogue from the previous location when you find the next one.

Are any of Ring Soul's apperances missable then? That would suck to miss one or two and never see the end of RS' thing...oh and the rewards...but RS' dialogue with Yuri is reward enough :allears:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Okay. So. That's not just wedgie territory...that's "wedgie from a five story balcony" territory

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

achtungnight posted:

So are the little girl's kidnappers connected to Kaito or just a rando yakuza clan making trouble? Perhaps led by a dashing fellow with an eyepatch and a hanya tattoo? Or do I have the wrong game? Taking bets now!

Please. The Man with the Hanya Tattoo is no match for the Man with the Dragon Tattoo. Though is he a match for The Man that transforms into a loving Demon Man is certainly a question I would love answered.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
You realize there's the distinct possibility Lucia and Gepetto will be forced into the party and their survival will be paramount to wi- oh who the gently caress am I kidding, they're benchwarmers for the rest of eternity.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Hwurmp posted:

the Shadow Hearts/Yakuza connection continues to deepen

I'd fuckin pay to see Kiryu and Majima just...pop up to be a crazy hard bonus boss and have a bunch of banter between them and the party mid-battle.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
See, if you aimed just a little higher... yes there...you could cause his heart to explode. But oh well, go ahead and shove the sassy, lost child and kick the poo poo out of his grandpappy, that should solve your issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Your stuff has always been a joy to read, Id, whatever happens. Know we were loving this poo poo the entire time and worried about your health this last year.