Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Clicking episode 2 in the contents just takes me to the final part of the previous LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014

Hunt11 posted:

I suppose they are hoping to be the ones who survive as they hope that will dramatically increase the odds of getting with said pretty girl.

I guess the hope is that they'll be the survivor that get to aid/join the party, but they all forget to get names for themselves, let alone a character portrait.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Well since it got such a glowing recommendation, I had to dig out my ps2 and order a copy of this, which just arrived today. So now I can play along for once.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
I did that first "dungeon" the other day, I ended up going halfway along one path, getting the battery assuming that was the way to story progress, went all the way back around and crossed the drawbridge, then after finishing the forest I had to go back and activate the lift. And I didn't even realise you could use the lift again...

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Now you're making me regret not playing more JRPGs as a kid, when I had more time and patience.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Yknow what? I was expecting like a giant plant boss or some other cliché like that. Kudos to Shadow Hearts for subverting expectation I guess.

On a related note WHAT THE gently caress

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Well nobody ever called Link a werewolf.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Oh good, I was hoping something silly would happen to the punch boy on his second round of curses, the German army defector with sword techniques learned from opera pages, the old pervert with a creepy puppet as a weapon, the vampire wrestler built like a Jojo character, the dancer who makes cards float, and the wolf.

The whole situation's been pretty humdrum so far.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Oh man, you think the average jrpg boss is hard to kill? I can only IMAGINE how long freakin' Rasputin will take to put down.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Pretty sure around this time in the Castlevania timeline, the Belmont's were inactive, and has left the vampire killer to the Morris family. Since it was prophesied that it wouldn't be used again until the big 1999 battle where Julius Belmont killed Dracula for realsies.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Almost immediately

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
That art of Rasputin at the end makes him look like a Kazuma Kaneko character

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
I am a dumbass

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Call me crazy, but I have a sneaking suspicion this lady is not to be trusted, and I have an idea of what these trials are leading up to.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Time travel shenanigans is exactly the kind of place I expect this game to go at this point.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
I'm assuming Yuri can read some Japanese, which has a similar "consonant weakening" symbol (た and だ meaning "ta" and "da" respectively), so he might at least understand that concept.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Every time the camera pans over this party of clowns is absolute gold.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
"The plan has failed, get the zeppelin and the deer monsters"
"Why... why do we have those? What was the plan before now?"

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
For a second I thought Asmodeus just took the form of a final dungeon or something

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014

Hwurmp posted:

She was his hairdresser.

Now that's a full-time job.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Okay, Anastasia sleeping on Joachim is actually kinda cute

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
This is gonna be hard to explain to my probation officer.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Three on one can't be legal, surely?

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Now we just find Rasputin, punch him out again, and everything will be sorted with no unforeseen repercussions.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
I can confirm that, were I playing this game, I would have completely ignored combos, and probably gotten my rear end wrecked by most bosses.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Working at a supermarket and taking somewhat frequent "bathroom" breaks (any excuse to sit down for a minute), I see way more people than I'd like to leave the bathroom without even glancing towards the sink. It is, quite frankly, infuriating.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
What's Nicolai's goal here anyway? What's he gaining? I he just a dick or what?

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
And with that, we are finally past that one spoiler I accidentally saw months ago. Everything is new again.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
I thought it was someone standing behind him until you pointed it out

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Kurando sounds like engrish but... not

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
"unhealthy use of ancient evil tomes" is pretty much the name of the game at this point

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
If there's one thing we've learned from the last two and a half games, it's that only good things can come from bringing back your dead loved ones with the emigre manuscript.

Remind me why that book isn't a pile of ashes again?

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
I haven't been this excited to see how things can possibly get "otherworldly weird" since Jojo

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
...that we know of

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Glad to see you're alright

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
He died as he lived.

Like a bitch.

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
They're doing a much better job of the whole "hero and villain with mutual respect" thing this time around.

Also, I loving KNEW this would happen. Yuri can NOT be dumb enough to try the thing that has never worked out for anyone ever, right?

RIGHT?

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
We can throw the inevitable horribly monstrous creature that we're a out to create at Kato and solve two problems at once

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Hey man, crying is ugly.

If anything, most other characters are far too pretty when they cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sterski
Jun 30, 2014
Still waiting for Amon Strive