Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral
I love Kelly. While his design is obviously a reference to Terry, his dialog seems to also reference Street Fighter. "Sure you can handle it?" The way it's said vocally almost sounds like he's saying Shoryuken, though maybe that's just me. Also, "It's guy's like you that make street fighting such a rush!" I think is taken straight from some fighting game, but I don't know for sure, or which one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral
While it's not completely unique to this, I do like when a character doesn't just completely stop their plans to kick someone's rear end just because they reveal they have a family. Especially when they point out all the terrible poo poo the bad guy did to other people.

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral
God that voice acting. :allears: Now I almost want that game just to experience the rest of it for myself.

Edit: I bought it.

Burger Flipper fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 24, 2021

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral

Gilgamesh255 posted:

Whelp, you might as well LP it, you madman.

Well maybe I will then. :colbert: As soon as I get my computer built. :sweatdrop:

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral

ultrafilter posted:

I really don't understand why they made that scene optional.

I actually wouldn't be too surprised if they meant to have it mandatory, but it got mostly lost in the shuffle.

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral
Funny enough, I just recently started replaying FtNW again and completely forgot Lenny was in it. I actually forgot a lot of things about that game. I do still like it though.

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral

Leraika posted:

Yeah, pretty much. For a massive crossover game, it manages to feel startlingly generic.

I haven't made it too far in yet. While bad, a few of the early voices aren't completely terrible.

But the game kinda reminds me of Makai Kingdom, and I love Makai Kingdom. I'm sure it'll disappoint me soon enough.

Sometimes generic is what you want though. As long as it doesn't become actually boring.

Burger Flipper fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 3, 2021

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral
There's something about how sad he looks in the second set of concept art that kind of breaks my heart a little.

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral
Maybe someone here can help me. Either another game does this exact joke at some point, also with flowers. Or I've actually played this game and forgot long ago. Because I remember this dungeon vividly, including that ending.

I will also say I believe it's a little unfair to put the blame entirely on Lucia for this game over. Not that she isn't to blame, but not solely to blame is all.

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral

Eeepies posted:

I will say that if I can only remember 2 things from this game, it's this dungeon and something upcoming.

For me it's a matter of time in between. If I did play this, I don't really remember. Because if I did it was around the release, and I barely remember what I did last year.

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral
I've still never had curry. This isn't inspiring me to try it any time soon. Also there's nowhere near where I live that serves it. And I don't feel like buying grocery store curry, if I can even find it.

This does solidify it though. The Man Festival has definitely reminded me that yes, I did play this game and 100% it. I had to have done it not long after the game came out.

Also, as a person who works at a restaurant (pizza place, not Indian, but still), we didn't get hit very hard by the plague. If anything, our business went up. And I was honestly not that happy to be declared an essential worker as a delivery driver. Because it was absolutely essential I drive to the middle of nowhere in the woods just to deliver some poor soul six chicken wings at 11:30 at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burger Flipper
Sep 14, 2015

by astral
It's been a fun ride, even with the unfortunate bumps. I always find your LPs to be very entertaining, and this wasn't an exception. Hell, if it weren't for you I never would have had any interest in Nier, even though I was already actually a fan of the original Drakengard. Plus your old Clock Tower 3 LP is one of my absolute favorites, even now.

If/When you do do more, I'll definitely be looking forward to it. If not, I doubt anyone would say you haven't deserved the rest.