Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

HR12345 posted:

One other way to tell that Nicolai was outright evil? He's voiced by Takehito Koyasu in Japanese who'd go on to voice Dio Brando a good 8 years later.

insert prerequisite "but it was I, DIO" joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of problems in Greek myth were caused by the fact that Zeus couldn't keep his dick out of anything everything that wasn't his wife.

I love that this is such a defining trait of zeus that even a game like warriors orochi has him actovely hit on every female character he comes across... sometimes in front of their lovers/husbands
(Of course it being a warriors game they keep it relatively PG, so no zeus forcing himself on anyone or the like)

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

DukeofCA posted:

I think he was also rain once.

Wasn't he a swan once too?
Or was that a bull?
Greek myths are weird
Fun, but weird.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
Didn't loki also father fenrir?

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
Hope everything works out
Hang in there

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
Sorry for your loss

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

Zagglezig posted:

Not sure how creatively entertaining you could get with improvised knives, though

Look up kiwami japan on youtube
Youd be surprised how creative one can be with knives.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
Nah, Rasputin was such a lady-killer was that he was Russia's greatest love machine...
I've been ho,ding this one in, and hearing that danm song play on loop in my jead, since Ra-ra-rasputin was first mentioned.
Curse that song and how the very mention of that name gets it playing in my mind.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

Shitenshi posted:

I never noticed it until now, but this plot thread is kinda similar to Farnese and Schierke diving into Casca's dreamscape. Or I should say the reverse, since this game was out well before Miura finally got round to writing that plot arc.

Maybe Miura played some shadow hearts in between weeks lomg sessions of idolmaster.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

Robindaybird posted:

that's exactly what happened, at the time all PS games released in NA required a dubbed track, but the producer of the localization was given a nothing budget and he pretty much figured anyone who'd buy this game would just switch to the Japanese track.

are you telling me shadow wars has a JP voice track I can switch to and play without having to suffer through that horrible voice acting?

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah just in case people didn't know the Panther/Shark/Eagle thing is a direct reference to Sun Vulcan (the 5th Super Sentai series) where the protagonists are VulEagle, VulShark and VulPanther.

Curry is also a big thing in early sentai... and later sentai too
very first episode of the first series has yellow gorging himself on curry, and I think he does it every episode too
and sun vulcan's yellow also gorging himself on curry on the first episode.

abaranger also had a curry thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
Thanks for all the amazing LPs Id.
Take care