Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Yeeeesssss!
Snarky punchman supreme!
HE HAS RETURNED!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Commander Keene posted:

I'd like to, if I could find a place to get PS2 games in TYOOL 2019.

I still have my copies of all three games and my old PS2 it still works too!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I've always loved Yuri's lvl. 1 fusions in this game, they make it look like he's really into body paint and cosplay. The light and wind fusions just made me laugh my rear end off!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I played this game like 5 times when I was younger, but I never noticed the gang waving at Lenny when the carts seperated before! :roflolmao:

Ah, Le Havre, :allears: the source of so many memories, and :stonklol: moments!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

DukeofCA posted:

Something truly special is about to happen. Y'all are in for a treat.

Your AV is so very appropriate for the next section, well done.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
It's a shame Dark Id didn't show off the funniest part of Malakia, it has straps hanging off it's backside just like Yuri, except that Malakia's are literally NAILED TO IT'S rear end!!

As for what kind of group Sapientes Gladio is? It's the kind of organization that takes logic, subtlety and common sense, beats them to death, then burns the remains. All with the smuggest of smiles.

stryth fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 4, 2019

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Oh, the memories, they're all flooding back! This guy, he's the cause of my first ever case of laughter induced paralysis. So much :stonklol: packed into one place, and you know what they say, you never forget your first!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Victis posted:

Or cast a spell/summon a demon with his little wiggle gestures while humming a tune

Or his reaction to highly magical weapons? Or unexpected guests?

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

GimmickMan posted:

I cannot keep up with the discord (or any form of social media for that matter) so I'm extra glad to see you make this post.

There's a Dark Id discord? Why have I never heard of this?!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

BisbyWorl posted:

Calling it now: Joachim's ultimate weapon will be Keith's coffin.

Every hit will have a small voice line of Keith complaining about it.

I can actually picture that, and it makes me smile!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

OminousEdge posted:

Oh come on. That is nowhere NEAR as Absurd as Joachim's Weapons can get.

FTNW gets even weirder than Joachim, by several orders of magnitude, I really hope TDI LPs that someday!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Malah posted:

If someone actually guesses something right, then you have to tell us after the next update, but you can't say which one it was.

I second this, and since I've actually played this game several times, I actually know how many of the weapon guesses are correct. Sadly none of them ever reach the disgea moon tower uppercut level of breaking reality. *sigh*

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I always saw this scene differently, it seemed to me that anyone who underwent a soul pact ended up becoming way more evil and twisted as a result. Albert may actually have been a decent guy, but decided to undergo a soul pact in order to counteract Rasputin's newfound demonic power, but since he underwent a soul pact with Amon, who is a full-blown super Evil demon Lord, Albert's soul may have actually been partially consumed by Amon, if not fully.

Amon is described in game as the god of wrath and one of the lords of destruction, alongside Rasputin's Asmodeus, and the yet to be shown Astaroth, so Albert's plans in the first game do seem to line up with Amons overall desires, for example triggering the destruction of Shanghai by unleashing the seraphic radiance, and summoning an extra-galactic pseudo-god being to try and destroy the world in order to prevent World War II and Rasputin's rise to power.

If this is the case, then when Yuri defeated Albert while he was wielding the soul of Amon, it's possible that he absorbed Albert's Soul along with Amons, if this is the case, then it could explain why Albert is acting very differently from the first game, and hanging out inside of Yuris soul. When Yuri fuses with demons and monsters he suppresses their will and personality in order to take control of their power and form in doing so to amon, albert's soul may have been freed from the demon Lords power, allowing him to return to his normal, self pre-soul Pact.

Just keep in mind this is all one guy's point of view, one more fun thing to keep in mind, when Albert used Amon and fired off a "demon rays" attack all he did was lift his hands to his forehead and Fire, the sentai moves are all Yuri's doing, he's a big fan of Power Rangers poses, before there were Power Rangers.

PS: I love speech-to-text programs, I never would have type this much without them.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Geostomp posted:

Long before the story, Yuri absorbed a demon of Bable. It gave him the power to translate all languages and spread that effect to his allies. He never mentioned it because it failed to add to his punching powers and was, therefore, irrelevant in his eyes.

This is an amazing idea, and it is now my head cannon.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I really, really wish they'd gone with Dragon dress instead of T.E.N.C. reference. Dragon dress looks like it would have been amazing.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Zagglezig posted:

Now, is Nicolai going to get experimented on a la Kowloon guy, or is he gonna be allowed to make a plan...D?

Rasputin already burned plans A-X, Nicholai bombed on plan Y (recruit female enemy and start over) and his plan Z (Astaroth and malice vault) kinda just went up in smoke. at this point the plans are gonna be labeled with punctuation marks, because numbers are to pedestrian for him.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Oh Kurando you poor uninformed sword boy. If you see Lucia reaching for her cards, knock her out!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Zereth posted:

And revealing that "beyond the fabric of space and time" is... modern-day japan, apparently.

Well japan is kind of an esoteric place, one that kinda seems to exist in its own world sometimes. So maybe a small exaggeration?

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

TurnipFritter posted:

It does seem like there should have been a judgement ring prompt for the "hit both buttons at the same time" thing.

A brief moment of (Probably) accidental mercy by the devs, after that slog of a dungeon.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Sorry to tell you id, but the Mikasa was not only a real ship, she's still afloat, currently as a museum boat like the Missouri.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Am I the only one who thinks Kurandos fusion would look right at home in Xeno gears? I mean, it kinda looks like an Omnigear, or maybe one of the angel enemies.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I doubt i'd even register as a silhouette in a window, if even that.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Dark ID is back! SH:C Is back!! I'm so happy!!!
In honor of this occasion, let's answer a small question.

Definition of adamantine
1: made of or having the quality of adamant
2: rigidly firm : UNYIELDING
adamantine discipline
3: resembling the diamond in hardness or luster

So Blanca's new equipment IS made of diamond probably, but the name is being slightly hyperbolic, rather then literal.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

That is the face of a man who is finally realizing just how high the creep factor his situation is, and wonders, "Could this get any weirder?"

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Wait, Garan's a lady? I would not have guessed that from the in-game model or the concept art, at least not till that last pic. I guess that hat has some serious masculine vibes or something.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Leraika posted:

♂ is masculine, ♀ is feminine.

Ah, I completely misread that. But still, that last picture does kinda look like a wrinkly old grandma. the lipstick and eyeshadow ain't helping his case either.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I'll be honest, I do not remember this part of the game AT ALL. maybe all the concentrated side quest after this just buried the memories.

quote:

Does anyone else think this bot looks like it comes out of Xenogears? Possibly a relative of Renmazuo?
No actually it looks like Steir stole Renmazuo's hat.

stryth fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 13, 2021

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

zealouscub posted:

So did Yuri stop before killing Ishimura or is Ishimura dead now?

I don't think Yuri "killed" him, but that beatdown probably didn't do his ailing health any favors.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Iceblocks posted:

Let's not forget that Ishimura is behind Japan dicking around in China in this setting, meaning that he is the reason for Dehuai's nonsense in the first game and the indirect cause of the death of both of Yuri's parents.

Also his girlfreind, Alice only died cause she rescued Yuri's soul after he fused with the S.R. Dehuai summoned.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I forget, does the nightmare baby ball show up in the next game? I haven't played it in like 15 years.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Schwartzcough posted:

That was the most anime-rear end poo poo I've seen all day.

If memory serves, You haven't seen anything yet.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

FalloutFan56 posted:

Welp, time for every party member to get their chance to shine. Yes, even Lucia and Gepetto.

Okay, Geppettos shine I remember, but Lucia? I do not remember ANYTHING about her having a shining moment. I think I'd forgotten she existed at all at this point.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Picayune posted:

When I played the game I didn't start the Fort of Ruin until the final sidequest rampage, after all the plot beats had been beaten out - I remember being convinced/worried that the ghost at the bottom of the fortress was going to be Nicolai and he was going to ask Karin to forgive him for being such a creepy stalker shithead and give her his fancy sword as her ultimate weapon. I'm still kind of sad this didn't happen.

I was not the most completionist player of this game, nooooo

I could only see that ending with her kicking him in the crotch, snapping the sword, then the screen cutting away, as she does something to make him shriek like a 5 year old girl and disappear while she calls him a creep.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Isn't it kind of concerning when one of the most consistent themes in your LP's is dead children? Hmm.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

achtungnight posted:

Last I heard of Ernest, he somehow flew to a certain Rogue Galaxy in his bug form and started their most popular spectator sport. But he also died in the ring a few years later. They say he raised a child named Mio who today remains one of his sport’s most feared combatants…

Good god, why does this make so much sense in my brain, WTF?!

Edit: Update on last page.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I really wish we could fave replies right now.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

The Dark Id posted:

The thing is... he was born in August 1988 which would put him at 26-27 years old.

I think you meant to put 1888 there, the math makes my brain hurt otherwise.

Assuming Lucia got married after Lawrence got back, he'd end up dead by 1935. a widow at 48 or so... she must have read his fortune that day, poor guy never stood a chance.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Hwurmp posted:

it's just a festival, how wild could it be

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Happy Landfill posted:

Um but what about the woman festival?? :colbert:

That's taking place in another part of the SH verse. There's a whole other party of weirdos losing their collective minds because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Vauron posted:

Even counting how late he joins, he'd do better if characters didn't stay in the party permanently. Like, if the party members left the party after their role in the story was done, there'd be more room for him. Maybe set things up so that some are Part 1 only, and some are Part 2 only. Yuri and Karin would be permanent, obviously, but basically everyone else hits a point where the story is done with them outside of their sidequest.

The Grandia games also had a party system like that, you were constantly working with a party of four or less members. they would stick with you for awhile, then they would leave. The process always felt natural too, usually they ended up either going home or they would just find a new goal that wasn't in line with yours where they died.