Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Yeeeessss I've been looking first to this, and I'm glad to be in on the ground floor this time.

Also, the subtitles are so incredibly useless that I think I just turned them off part way to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

I could have sworn there were more of those goofy arm dogs in this dungeon... Maybe they're in the next one with the finger spider...

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

So the the of this game is wildly different from the first game, if you can't tell. If you're like me and are extremely dense, it'll take a couple more dungeons for you to fully realize this...

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Zereth posted:

crushing somebody flat to fit between to large pieces of wood seems liked it'd be more expensive than just getting a normal coffin, though.

You're just not motivated enough (or possibly not unmotivated enough) if you think you can't stuff a dead body in a coffin that small.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Christ, this is awful. I lost my dog last month, and I'm still messed up from it. But that's nowhere near losing a child. I can't even imagine losing a child.

Please, take all the time you need. This LP can wait.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Man, this dungeon is as boring as I remember it being (or rather, as boring as I don't remember it being :rimshot:).

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

I did enjoy Solomon's Key, but also I had a FAQ to tell me where all of the crests were. I did the rest of the Solomon Key stuff without it, though.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Andre the giant hot pink pussy is definitely one of the most insane moments in this game... and yet SH2 is not even close to being finished with it's utter absurdity.

Stay tuned, folks.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

I'm a sucker for random bullshit mechanics, so I loved the tarot card abilities and stapled Lucia to my active party :v:

Aromatherapy is actually really powerful once you know what the good mixes are. It's one of those things that doesn't really work as intended when you can just pull up a guide on the internet and know instantly what the busted mixes are.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

The Dark Id posted:

Oh no, the sparkly card just has double effects. It's still randomized...

Yep. One of my two game overs came from pulling a strengthened reverse card. Strictly speaking the card wasn't guaranteed to be a TPK, but I won't say what card it was in case of running afoul of the spoiler policy.

That said, I think I'm the only one who used Lucia for the entire game, because I am a sucker for RNG bullshit. Overall, you are way more likely to pull a positive effect than negative. I don't remember the exact ratio, but it might be 3 positive effects for each negative one you pull, or possibly greater. And you do unlock some really fun cards over time.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Doesn't even have to be a newly-encountered demon. Just do what I did and forget that this low-level enemy reflects wind, mindlessly throw a party-wide wind attack at them, and die like a loving idiot immediately! At the very least though, once you actually learned what the strengths and weaknesses are of each demon in the area, Nocturne is a lot nicer. But learning those weaknesses is very trial and error. I'm sure we could find an even more rear end in a top hat-ish JRPG RNG system if we looked.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

The berserk themes in this game and FTNW are some of my favorite tracks from the series, and some of my favorite music in general honestly (yes, I have wierd tastes in music). Strictly speaking, Swoop! is paired with the random battle music for Europe, but I'm sure TDI will show it off at some point :P

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Sorry for the second post, but phones suck sometimes.

Regarding Lucia and the tarot kerfluffle... Yeah, that happens sometimes. I don't blame anyone for benching Lucia because of this nonsense. A sample size of two is very small, of course, but I don't recall pulling 2 reverse effects in a row very often. It's also been like 4 or 5 years since I played, so maybe I'm misremembering. But I think the pull rate of reverse cards went down as I collected more cards. It may also have been an unlisted effect of a Lucia exclusive accessory you get near the end of the game. But that may have been because i had most of the interesting tarot cards at that point, and I was using them most battles at that point. I dunno, it might be worth testing.

Sorry for the :words:

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Zereth posted:

you could also just use abilities that don't have a small chance of blowing up in your face, like the ones every other character use

Mzbundifund posted:

Even if it had zero chance of backfiring it would still be a hard sell, just because the range of effects it can have are so varied that you've still got decent odds of drawing something that doesn't help at all in the current situation, effectively just wasting your turn.

I mean, yes...

But muh RNG bullshit

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Keldulas posted:

I like how the fight where Lucia basically kills you with her RNG, she gets a card that tries to do it more efficiently. Good on you girl!

HA. You've seen nothing yet. There are some cards with really powerful effects that Id will pick up and probably never show off...

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

> "My son, he who has willpower has the power to change the whole world. Whether that change be for good..."
> Albert Simon
Pick one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Y'know, it's been a couple of years since I've played this game, and I though this game had more interesting dungeons than it's had so far. Maybe the developers are saving the interesting ones for disc 2. Although saying that, I only remember 3 dungeons specifically from disc two, two of which have actually interesting visual designs and one of which is probably visually boring as dirt, but has some high grade plot happening in it. At least the disc 1 final dungeon is interesting.