Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Always wondered if that was really Simon or just some figment of Yuri's imagination. I mean, can random souls just pop up inside other souls? Is Sea Mother or Yuri's dad just hanging out off-screen or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Man, that big dumb uppercut is one of the things that got me into the Shadow Hearts series. I saw it in a video on a demo disk and instantly loved it. Ironic considering I played Covenant last.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020

Kemix posted:

You realize there's the distinct possibility Lucia and Gepetto will be forced into the party and their survival will be paramount to wi- oh who the gently caress am I kidding, they're benchwarmers for the rest of eternity.

Actually they will be necessary for a few parts at endgame. I learned that the hard way during Joachim's personal quest.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020

Sgt Thud posted:

Too be fair, Nicolai didn't apply that curse, the relic did. All Nick managed was to get a sneak attack and shank Yuri with a stick, which under most circumstances would've been annoying at worst. It's just that the stick in question houses a soul eating curse.
Also want to point out Nicolai's first attempt to kill Yuri ended with a kick to the face. Yuri is the best protagonist.

FalloutFan56 fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 7, 2020

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Ah, the Man Festival. Absolutely insane and hilarious (and frustating).

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Man, even the game is benching Gepetto and Lucia at this point.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Probably redundant since so many people have already said it but I'm glad that this is back. Looking forward the Man Festival in particular.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020

Happy Landfill posted:

I'm still kind of boggling over Kato's villian turn. Going from bumbling, almost-allies to some guy loving with black magic like....it's like Team Rocket suddenly becoming a threat

Getting cock-blocked to the degree he did will do strange things to a person.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Is this thread dead? Cause it has been a couple months now.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020

Malah posted:

Id would make a post saying it's dead if it was. I'm sure we'll get filled in on anything exciting once he's got an update ready.

Sorry, just seemed like he had a bit of a bad year so I wouldn't blame him if he bailed. Hope he continues this though since I love this game.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Glad this is back. Also, seeing all the ways to gently caress up the item trading quest surprised me since I somehow managed to do it right the first time when I first played this.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020

The Dark Id posted:

Yeah, sorry to disappear immediately after I started up again. I immediately got hit with a steel chair and then the entire WCW NWO came out of a portal from the late '90s and stomped on me for the last two months. gently caress 2020.

This lp seems to have luck on par with your original FFX attempt.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020

kw0134 posted:

I dunno why the writers want to set the plot in the WW1 era when the aesthetics scream mid-60s. The lobby looks like we're visiting the local bank including florescent lighting and commercial drop ceilings, the lab is straight from the set of a low-budget horror movie of the era, the tech and concepts are the fears of science gone amok in the hysteria of the Cold War.

I'm assuming it's because Yuri would be about 70 years old or so in that scenario. That being said I'm now imagining old man Yuri's answer to the Cold War would be to drop kick nukes to deactivate them.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
BOF3 was pretty good. Well, except for the loving desert of death. Shudder

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
I'm pretty sure the red crystal is actually one of astaroth's claws since one of the Mutant Apes mentioned "One scratch that's it". Why it didn't disappear when he reverted back to a human though, I dunno. Also when I first played the game seeing Nicolai get his skull crushed was unexpected, but pretty rad.

FalloutFan56 fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 7, 2021

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020

Geostomp posted:

Yeah, it is a little disturbing to know that Yuri’s soul being a twisted graveyard where demons repeatedly tried to devour his humanity was a far more healthy state for him than the void he has now.

To be fair, the demons were punchable so Yuri could handle that. Having something he can't punch messes with him way more.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020

ImpAtom posted:

Yuti has had a poo poo life. Dead mom, dead dad, lovely powers, ex-protagonist screaming in his head, appeared in Chaos Wars, girlfriend dead...
Chaos wars? Is he a guest character in another game or am I completely off?

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Ah, come on guys what's the worst that could happen? I mean yes, it doesn't have a good track record but surely this time it'll work right? ...I really hope Alice's ghost shows up and tells him this is a bad idea.
I also now know what Chaos Wars is and it's both hilarious and hard to watch.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Well.... poo poo that could have gone better. 'Course it could have also gone way worse so I'm counting this as a solid B- for Roger and Yuri.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Welp, time for every party member to get their chance to shine. Yes, even Lucia and Gepetto.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
This was probably my second favorite endgame quest. I mean, the dungeon suuuucks but having Anastacia verbally (and physically) beat down a demon lord and turn him into her personal servant always gave me a chuckle.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
All right! Let the manliness commence. Hope everyone's ready to grind. Dear lord, the grind.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020

Eeepies posted:

I saw Kurando's, Gepetto's and Lucia's line over and over again because i kept losing the Lucia fight. I still remember the dry curry and stew quotes to this day.

Ah god the PTSD is coming back for me. Kept forgetting to put the right accessory on her since I was frustrated after doing this for a couple of hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020
Read all of your LP's (and watched Wirehead) and you're one of the main reasons I got an account. It's been a fun ride and if this is the last LP then you went out on a high note.
For anyone wondering why Karin became Yuri's mom I think it was because she loved him but since he loved Alice her wish to love him turned into platonic family love. Hence, she becomes his mom. Admittedly, kind of dumb and weird but this is Shadow Hearts after all.