Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Ratoslov posted:

How the heck did this wet-behind-the-ears loser become a Cardinal?

Probably a blood relative of the Pope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Robindaybird posted:

yeah, I'm with you there. But the outfit is a big yikes, especially given unlike Alice who is mostly going to be standing around (though her skirt's still way too short), Karin would be moving around a lot, making such a tight skirt an extremely impractical idea.

I mean, the slits go so high she's basically just wearing a belt with flaps hanging down. Won't do much to restrict her movement, but won't do much to cover anything, either.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'm going with Roger builds some sort of shrink ray and Joachim's final weapon is the Eiffel Tower

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Honestly, all of you making GBS threads on Rasputin's villain cred are forgetting what genre of game this is

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
This is the moment I've been waiting this whole LP for. After playing this game over a decade ago, aside from the ending, this is the only plot point I could remember. Just Grigori Rasputin summoning a giant floating castle over Petrograd.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Yuri shouldn't need a passport, as he's the only member of this band of weirdos (Kurando aside) who should have Japanese citizenship.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

EggsAisle posted:

Depending on how imperial Japan handled citizenship, it's possible that Yuri wouldn't automatically be considered one, especially if he was born abroad. Countries can have all kinds of rules and bureaucracy to piss around with even today; a century and change ago would probably have been even worse.

Modern day Japan at least has jus sanguinis citizenship, so Yuri would be covered assuming he ever set foot in Japan before his 20th birthday.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

CmdrKing posted:

China. ‘Swhy Dehuai was able to send zombies in so easily

Probably the Liaodong Peninsula in Manchuria, which in Yuri's lifetime was at various times part of China, Japan, and Russia :eng101:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Well Bacon didn't try to use it until after he'd transcribed the whole thing. Most people just skip to the chapter about resurrecting their loved ones via orphan slurry.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I want to say this is something Roger brought up way back in Koudelka, but the normal use for the Emigre Manuscript of just making a bunch of zombie laborers or whatever was pretty reliable, and it's not until you start trying to bring a specific person's soul back from the great beyond that you get into orphan slurries and horrible bug monsters. So if all Kato has done is revive Kawashima's corpse and given it a new mind through :science: it's possible he hasn't gotten into the real bad poo poo yet. Probably experimenting with other abominations so he gets it right when he goes for the real deal.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Kurando benefits from being the best at physical attacks outside Yuri (Joachim has higher attack but is very slow) so if you're like teenage me and refuse to use MP outside boss fights, he is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

FalloutFan56 posted:

Read all of your LP's (and watched Wirehead) and you're one of the main reasons I got an account. It's been a fun ride and if this is the last LP then you went out on a high note.
For anyone wondering why Karin became Yuri's mom I think it was because she loved him but since he loved Alice her wish to love him turned into platonic family love. Hence, she becomes his mom. Admittedly, kind of dumb and weird but this is Shadow Hearts after all.

More or less this. Karin wishes to go somewhere where Yuri will love her back. There is no point in the timeline where adult Yuri can love any woman but Alice. But Yuri absolutely loves his mom. Ergo the only way for Karin's wish to be fulfilled is to become Yuri's mom.