Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I should have thought this poll through better
Crimes?
Crimes!
[pounds table]
CRIMES! CRIMES! CRIMES!
shoot visari
View Results

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Update at the end of last page, I shamefully sniped it

Angry_Ed posted:

That's Strangereal for you :v:

that's true...what's Strangereal hawaii called, then I can complain they aren't grounded there. But it's true that Strangereal has a global belief in availability rates that's well over the line of fanatical. Every single air force can produce an enormous range of flyable planes in perfect working order at all times.

nine-gear crow posted:

So our next update will look at the absolute worst-case disaster situation of Mission 7C (Time Limit), followed by the slightly less disaster-centric and more fun Mission 12C (Wild Card). Since we’ve seen all the permutations of missions leading to each of them, doing another run of Part 2 is belaboring the point, so 7C and 12C should be considered nothing more than a pair of bonus updates for now.

excellent :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Time Limit

Mission 7C: Time Limit – November 25th, 2020

Overview: While Gryphus Squadron’s attention was directed elsewhere, the Leasath forces from the Kalana Steppes have stormed into Santa Elva and retaken the city from Aurelian control. With the city back in Leasath hands, the flow of supplies to the Aurelian military has been cut off, but any attempt to retake it will mean dealing with the Hamlet Special Forces Unit. With the Hamlet Unit preparing to unleash a deadly nerve agent on the city’s population, Gryphus Squadron must deploy a neutralizer agent over the affected areas. However, the compound is highly unstable and will explode if subjected to high G-force...

Guest Commentators: The unholy trinity is reunited for the first time in literal years as Blind Sally and CJacobs convene to further enhance and experience the suffering brought on by Time Limit, the Worst Mission In Any Ace Combat Game Ever.

THE PLANE THAT COULDN’T GO FAST

Right. Let’s get this one out of the way up front. There is no mission more universally reviled among Ace Combat players than Time Limit. Maybe Four Horsemen, because more people have played Ace Combat 5 than X, but the people who know about Time Limit utterly hate it and want to make sure that you know they hate it as well.

To start off, this mission is basically Reprisal, but much MUCH worse. It has the exact same gas neutralization gimmick as Reprisal, but with the added difficulty bump of the G-force limit imposed upon you as well. That’s the primary factor in why this mission is so reviled. Going too fast or maneuvering your plane too quickly along any of its axes will cause the counter on the MPG to rapidly fill up and when it reaches 100%, you will explode. Even the Named Ace for this mission flies the loving F-35C of all planes, just to make sure this mission is utterly cursed from top to bottom with awfulness. The gas plumes thankfully spawn along a path that is relatively easy to navigate at neutral throttle and with yaw alone, but all the other factors the mission throws at you are what make Time Limit a truly abysmal experience.

There is no real viable strategy here, only patience and luck. If you take a slow and stable plane to keep the G-force meter down, the enemies stalking you around the map will be able to shoot you down very easily. If you take a faster plane to try and outrun the mooks, you’ll ramp up the G-force and wind up exploding. A scant few mid-tier planes like the F-15E can thread the needle, but it’s still a monumental gamble and far from a sure thing.

Trying to take on the enemies in addition to stopping the gas is a bullet train to suicide town—they are faster and more maneuverable than you and if you don’t explode from overexerting the plane, then one will very easily circle around and kill you as you try to take down the other. Doing so also eats into your margin for getting the Named Ace to spawn. As does trying to take out the E-767 Star Unit puttering about near the altitude ceiling. You also can’t simply wait out gas phase of the mission and then go get it when you’re free to maneuver again either because it despawns after the mission update. So you HAVE to do it all in one shot.

This mission is the completionist’s nightmare.

I’ve said it multiple times in this LP so far: Time Limit is your punishment for unlocking Time Limit. Ace Combat X gives you EVERY opportunity to avoid this, and you have to either actively ignore repeated warnings and bring it upon yourself willingly, or just kind of be really bad at reading the room, so to speak. Once Mission 7C shows up on the map, you have two options: bite the bullet and do it and try to recover gracefully from the error, or ignore it and take a material hit for the rest of at least Part 2.

If you are at your wit’s end with Time Limit, simply ignoring it is actually a viable strategy. In exchange, however, you will have to endure a limited special weapons ammo count for the rest of the missions of Part 2 (8B, 10B, and 12B). All special weapons for all planes will have 50% less ammo until you clear Atmos Ring and move on to Part 3 where the status quo resets.

Leaving Santa Elva in enemy hands and just ignoring Time Limit will also net you the “bad ending” for the game, but we’ll talk more about that when we get to End of Deception. Even Project ACES’s now defunct website for Ace Combat X basically said in all but exact words that Time Limit never actually happened. So make of that what you will.

HAMLET UNIT

Perhaps the most wholly insidious of all the forces at Diego Navarro’s command and all the weapons in his arsenal is the Hamlet Special Forces Unit. The Hamlet Unit is the Leasath Army’s dedicated biological and chemical weapons deployment force, specializing in large-scale poisons and nerve agents.

The use of chemical weaponry is outlawed by international law and considered a war crime by under Assembly of Nations resolution and by the Nordennavic Conventions. As such, the existence and purpose of the Hamlet Unit has been up until now a closely guarded Leasath state secret. The Cynocrine attack on Santa Elva has exposed to the world just how desperate and vile Diego Navarro truly is and has resulted in calls for further sanctions upon the Democratic Republic of Leasath from the international community for its horrific crimes against a civilian population.

CYNOCRINE

The nerve agent Cynocrine was originally developed by scientists in the Democratic Republic of Leasath for medicinal use in the production of pharmaceuticals. However, it was quickly realized that the highly unstable gas produced an extreme oxidization effect when exposed to nitrogen and oxygen, producing an extremely deleterious effect on the nervous systems of any organism that breathed in the resultant fumes. While its future as a medicinal compound was at an abrupt end, opportunistic members of Leasath’s military command saw the gas’s potential as an unparalleled chemical weapon and begin producing massive stockpiles of it for contingency purposes. A neutralizing compound was also developed and its chemical compound was intentionally leaked online by contentious Leasathian scientists to try and mitigate the damage that might be caused should their homeland’s military ever be reckless enough to use it as a weapon.

Once the gas is deployed, it takes approximately three minutes to begin oxidizing, at which point the white smoky plume produced from its canisters turns a sickly yellow color. When the gas is in this state it is highly poisonous and lethal after less than five minutes’ exposure. Cynocrine exposure symptoms progress from difficulty breathing in the first minute, to eye irritation eventually proceeding to loss of sight within the third minute in conjunction with intense nerve pain and loss of motor control, to finally fatal brain hemorrhaging by minute five of exposure. Non-fatal exposures can eventually be reversed with time and proper medical treatment, but any nerve damage caused by prolonged exposure to the gas is unfortunately permanent.

HAMLET

So let’s talk about Hamlet.

The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark was written by British playwright William Shakespeare sometime between 1599 and 1601. The play is Shakespeare’s longest and is considered to be the most well known work of fiction in the entire world. If you have taken a high school English class in North America or most of Europe, you have probably read, or at least pretended to read Hamlet at one point in your life.

The play centers around the eponymous Halmet, the young prince of Denmark, mourning the unexpected death of his beloved father King Hamlet, and the upheaval caused by his mother Queen Gertrude suddenly marrying his uncle Claudius, and Claudius proclaiming himself King Regent of Denmark as Hamlet’s only actually 16 at the time. One night, a specter appearing in the guise of the dead king tells Hamlet that he was murdered by Claudius and it’s up to Hamlet to expose the dirty bastard and avenge his death.

Hamlet then puts a complex plan in motion to do just that, while Claudius, suspicious of what the boy might really be up to, takes every measure he can to try and thwart him by basically throwing a cadre of video game mini-bosses at him and his friend Horatio in the form of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, Polonius, Laertes, and Ophelia to try and derail him. All the while, Denmark is under threat of invasion from the encroaching armies of the unseen Prince Fortinbras of Norway.

The main tension of the play is the question of whether or not Hamlet is a cunning genius with a master plan at work, or an insane teenager enacting a self-destructive revenge fantasy that’s always one wrong move away from falling apart completely. While the quest to prove Claudius guilty and deliver justice is the main thrust of the narrative, the central debate in scholarly circles has always been the question of Hamlet’s sanity.

Hamlet is also one of Shakespeare’s bloodiest plays, with eight of its main named characters dying before the final curtain, and a ninth (King Hamlet’s Ghost) being already dead before the start of the story. Only King Lear and Titus Andronicus have higher body counts, with fourteen named characters biting the dust by the time Titus is over. It is also one of the most quoted and quotable works of fiction in the English language. More words have been written about Hamlet over the centuries than just about any other work of fiction, and I’ve just contributed another 852 of them to that pile with this write up.

Productions of Hamlet have been on going non-stop since its original publication, and the role of Hamlet himself is one of the most coveted stage parts of all time. Despite being canonically a teenage boy in the script, Hamlet is one of the few roles so universal at this point it can be portrayed by any actor of any age, gender, or ethnicity and still carry the same weight. Indeed, the phrase “hamming it up” can be traced back to Hamlet, as the title role’s meaty monologues tend to inspire all manner of overacting. There is even a recurring joke across the Mass Effect trilogy on the universality of Hamlet, where a human director sets out to direct a stage production of Hamlet starring nothing but elcor, the massive elephantine race of monotone-speaking aliens who have to preface every sentence with a verbal emotional cue because non-elcor races cannot perceive their pheromone-based emotional spectrum.

In a similar vein, Hamlet has also contributed the phrase “Playing Gertrude” to the modern theatrical lexicon as well. With the role of Hamlet often being played by older men to showcase their acting talents, the role of his mother Gertrude would often go to actors who tended to be of contemporary age or even younger than the star of the show who would be playing the character’s child. As such, to “play Gertrude” means a younger actor playing a role that is clearly meant in the script to be far older than they really are. Ironically, one of the most famous modern adaptions of the play, Kenneth Branagh’s 1996 film version of Hamlet actually averts this casting trope. While Hamlet is played by the clearly-not-a-teenager 36 year-old Branagh, Gertrude is played by Julie Christie, who is 20 years Branagh’s senior and thus plausibly old enough to actually be Hamlet’s mother.

How this all exactly ties in to Ace Combat X is anyone’s guess, but as I posit in the commentary, it’s probably a very wry joke on the part of Project ACES to name a military unit that poisons a bunch of people after a play where no less than five of its major characters die via poisoning one another. This is up there with pulling the name of “A World With No Boundaries” from Ace Combat Zero from a single line buried deep in The Once and Future King where a goose tells King Arthur that borders are bullshit and nationalism is a poisonous and stupid ideology that enables fascists.

It’s true. Look it up.

TIME LIMIT

So in case it wasn’t obvious by this point, a quick rundown of how we got here:

Mission 7C is unlocked by doing Mission 9A (Blitz) and then Mission 11A (In Pursuit I) as your first two missions of Part 2. Passing on doing Mission 8A (Striking Point) once and then Mission 8B (The Wasteland) a second time will result in Santa Elva being retaken by the enemy forces you left to regroup on the Kalana Steppes.

You can still do The Wasteland if you feel so inclined, but it has a definite air of “man, what the hell are you even doing here at this point?” to it that I might show off in a bonus video. Unlocking Time Limit also means that you didn’t do Mission 10A (Joint Operation), so the MBSRs from Monte Breeze have been shipped to Griswall to enhance the Meson Cannon and locking you into Atmos Ring as your Part 2 finale. If you have managed to unlock Mission 7C, you can’t get Mission 12C (Wild Card) as your Part 2 finale. The routes to unlock both missions are mutually exclusive.

Speaking of 12C, Wild Card is now our final mission of Part 2 to show off and is up next, and true to its name it is absolutely bonkers and you will not want to miss it before we ship off into Leasath territory for the first time in Part 3.

BECRUX
  • Plane: F-35C Lightning II
  • Mission 7C
  • Spawn conditions: Defuse all Cynocrine gas plumes in five minutes or less. Spawns to the south after the mission update.

★E-767
  • Plane: E-767
  • Mission 8A
  • Spawn conditions: Spawns at 9,000 feet in the center of the map after 35 seconds have elapsed. Despawns after the mission update.
  • Reward Part: RAM Coat

Tracks featured in Mission 8A:

DISC X

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Dec 6, 2023

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:patriot:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

crow I want you to know I take no joy in you suffering through Time Limit -- I don't think I hate anyone that much -- but I am glad to see the trinity back :v:

obviously this means you need to play AH together...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
So Ace Combat was a Shakespeare all along :thunk:

I've clearly been LPing the wrong series.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Blindsided Sally posted:

So Ace Combat was a Shakespeare all along :thunk:

I've clearly been LPing the wrong series.

Or maybe Shakespere is universal

Shadowfall's plot features poison too!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Psion posted:

crow I want you to know I take no joy in you suffering through Time Limit -- I don't think I hate anyone that much -- but I am glad to see the trinity back :v:

obviously this means you need to play AH together...

For a lovely as this mission is, we had quite a bit of fun recording it, and the others coming up fairly soon too.

sb hermit posted:

Or maybe Shakespere is universal

Shadowfall's plot features poison too!

One thing I'm looking forward to now that we've got like 90% of the game recorded aside from the ending is in fact getting back to and finishing Shadow Fall for good once X is finished.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

:allears:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's got a point. I looked it up on Acepedia and found nothing.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Wild Card

Mission 12C: Wild Card – December 5th, 2020

Overview: The time to drive Leasath out of Aurelia once and for all is at hand. The Aurelian military converges on the capital of Griswall to retake the city, capture Diego Gaspar Navarro and bring him to justice at long last. While the city is well fortified and protected by the Meson Cannon, Gryphus Squadron might just have a little unexpected help securing victory for Aurelian freedom. However, an old enemy lurks in the shadows, waiting for the right moment to strike...

Guest Commentator: I am joined for this mission once again by SubponticatePoster, who racks up the rare threepeat appearance in the LP. Joining her in this circle of champions is Blind Sally, and CJacobs, who actually has a whopping 5 appearances in Ace Combat X! There’s something else the three of them have in common with me, and that is recording commentary for Killzone: Shadow Fall, which will be getting back underway as soon as X is finished.

END OF PART 2, PART III

Despite Wild Card being the hardest of the three versions of Mission 12 to unlock, it kind of feels like it should also be the “canon” version of it when all is said and done. The return of both the Aurelian Liberation Corps and the Skylla Unit really make it feel a lot more like a proper arc finale than either Gaiuss Tower or Atmos Ring manage to pull off in their takes on it. There’s even an option to have the Nevera Jammer still loving up your radar by skipping both Missions 11A and 11B, so you can basically have all of Part 2 shoved inside a single mission if you’re so inclined.

It’s also got some nice twists to it, like the ALC shutting down the Meson Cannon for you so you don’t even really have to fight it, and then the insane whack-a-mole missile chase with the Skylla Unit after the mission update where you have to weigh the merits of just keeping the cruise missiles from hitting Griswall vs. taking out the launchers and putting a stop to them completely. You can easily see why I saved Wild Card for last.

So how does one even unlock Wild Card, anyway? Well, it has perhaps the most precise and roundabout mission choice route in the whole game. Starting Part 2, you have to do Mission 8A (Striking Point) first, then Mission 10A (Joint Operation), then do Mission 9B (A Diversion). Doing so lets the Skylla Unit escape Sachana Air Base for Mt. Nevera, and then leave Mt. Nevera for Griswall because you hosed around for too long and now they’re completely lost in the reeds. At that point you can either do Mission 11A (In Pursuit I—which has flipped back to 11A from 11B after doing 9B), or just head straight to Griswall for Mission 12C. Either way, Wild Card will be unlocked and you simply have to live with the consequences of it.

Ironically, despite us already having met the ALC and the Skylla Unit in prior runs of Ace Combat X, if you manage to unlock Wild Card, it means that this will actually be the first time in that run through the game where you encounter either of them, as the mission pathways that bring you in contact with them the first time around are mutually exclusive to Wild Card. This is where doing multiple runs through the game has its advantages.

And so with this update, Part 2 is officially done and it is finally time to move on to Part 3. Unlike at the start of the previous to parts, you will NOT be getting the chance to choose our mission path through the endgame. This is because there’s only three mission to Part 3, and the choice you make right at the start of the arc determines what final mission you get, End of Deception I or End of Deception II. And since Mission 15B (End of Deception II) is the definitive end of the story of Ace Combat X, it will be the absolute last thing that we’re going to do before moving on to the post-game bonus material.

YR-99 Forneus
Manufacturer: Neucom Inc.
Role: Prototype Multirole
Manufactured: 2020-???
Primary Operators: Aurelia, FCU
Quick Facts:
  • The fourth and final Project ACES proprietary plane unlocked in Ace Combat X.
  • The third special plane, the YR-302 Fregata, was unlocked earlier but I never found a good place to show it off in the LP.
  • Also appears in Joint Assault.
  • A bomber variant, the YRB-99 Forneus appears in Skies of Incursion in the YR-99’s place.
  • A bleeding-edge precursor to the R-series of planes such as the R-101 Delphinus from Ace Combat 3: Electrosphere.
  • Features a variation of the COFFIN pilot interface cockpit setup and a unique “breathing wing” laminar flow control system.
  • Named after the 30th Marquis of Hell, Forneus, often depicted as a great sea monster, who teaches humans rhetoric, language, and charisma when summoned.
  • Unlocked by completing Mission 12A, Gaiuss Tower and costs $47,000 credits to purchase.
  • Like the other experimental fictional planes on X’s roster, it can be turned with parts purchased or unlocked in game.
  • Its third paint scheme resembles the default skin of the Delphinus in Electrosphere.

quote:

"A next generation prototype, “Forneus” boasts extremely advanced fighting capabilities."

• Missile x70
  • LASM x14
  • XMAA x14
  • SFFS x12

Medal: Freedom Tower
Awarded for: Completing Mission 12A, 12B, or 12C.
Description: Awarded for liberating Griswall, the Federal Republic of Aurelia’s capital.

TYRANT
  • Plane: Rafale M
  • Mission 12C
  • Spawn conditions: Shoot down five aircraft. Spawns to the east.

★Gunboat
  • Vehicle: Gunboat
  • Mission 12C
  • Spawn conditions: Spawns in the river south of the city after the Mission Update.
  • Reward Part: Light Armor

Tracks featured in Mission 12C:

DISC X

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jul 14, 2021

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Situation Report #3

Tactical Briefing, FOR YOUR EYES ONLY

Overview: All of Aurelia is free once again! With Leasath troops driven out of Griswall, the nation is secure but the threat still remains. Diego Navarro has fled back to Leasath territory and is preparing to unleash a terrifying new weapon, codenamed "Fenrir" from Archelon Fortress on Sentry Island in the Danern Straits. Only two paths to the island exist, each fraught with their own unique perils...

gently caress all of you, you've done nothing but screw up this LP so I'm taking your choices away from you. :mad:

Actually not really, since there's literally only two options here and the choice between them decides what final mission we're getting there's kind of no point in putting anything up for a vote anymore, unfortunately, as I want to make sure our final update is End of Deception II, Mission 15B.

That being said, you can still post the option that would have been your choice after watching the video briefing from Crux and looking at the tactical map and it's options.

So, this is our final slate of choices:

• Mission 13A, Alect Squadron – Intercept Leasath's elite Alect Squadron before they can reach Archelon Fortress and acquire Fenrir
  • Mission 14A, Fire Storm – Attack Cobalt Cave and destroy the new weapon being developed for Fenrir before it can be shipped to Archelon Fortress

Please state which mission you would have chosen, and, if you feel like it, a rationale for your choice. We're getting close to the end now, not much father to go.

CHOOSE WISELY

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Oct 4, 2021

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

13A—Alect Squadron

Planes with bullshit superweapons is bad enough. You put verified aces in those planes? Yeah, no. That’s a recipe for a bad time. We can deal with the superweapons easily enough; it won’t be any sort of cakewalk, but we can deal.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
A bit tangential, but this essay might be relevant to the thread's interest

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

HereticMIND posted:

13A—Alect Squadron

Planes with bullshit superweapons is bad enough. You put verified aces in those planes? Yeah, no. That’s a recipe for a bad time. We can deal with the superweapons easily enough; it won’t be any sort of cakewalk, but we can deal.

14A, for the exact opposite reasoning

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The pilots are never an issue, you've seen all those named aces we've been murdering with the first volley of missiles. You should totally chase the superweapons.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

HereticMIND posted:

13A—Alect Squadron

:same:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The fact that the scylla unit has proven themselves to be bigger butthurt bastards than the helghast (of thr killzone franchise) that irradiated their own planet speaks volumes

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

I would wait until both pilots and weapons are delivered and then attack. For most epic fight.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

MiiNiPaa posted:

I would wait until both pilots and weapons are delivered and then attack. For most epic fight.

God, I wish this game gave you a third option that is clearly an obvious trap mission that nets you this outcome for doing it, but alas.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
13A
Get the aces, because I wanna see the superweapon in action.

Ziggydoo
Dec 23, 2019

nine-gear crow posted:

God, I wish this game gave you a third option that is clearly an obvious trap mission that nets you this outcome for doing it, but alas.

I wonder if it might be possible to make a mod that would allow that. Probably replace the AI package that the Fenrir pilots have in 15B with the Alect Squadron AI from 15A.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also in a vain effort to try and get this thread to the next page before I start putting up the Part 3 videos, I suppose now's as good a time as ever to ask :siren::siren:what sort of things do you want to see shown off in the Bonus Videos?:siren::siren:

I'm gonna start recording poo poo in the next week or so, so get your requests in as soon as possible.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
your freedom

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Twink out some of the original planes to the best possible, compare them with regular ones. Lets see if the plane on crack is as good here as it was in Joint Assault.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Also in a vain effort to try and get this thread to the next page before I start putting up the Part 3 videos, I suppose now's as good a time as ever to ask :siren::siren:what sort of things do you want to see shown off in the Bonus Videos?:siren::siren:

I'm gonna start recording poo poo in the next week or so, so get your requests in as soon as possible.

yf-23 cruising around some nice landscapes and looking dope as heck

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Hmmm…I think I got a few…(all challenges are on NORMAL difficulty or higher; don’t worry about trying to spawn star units or aces)

NO PLANS TO RETIRE: Use the F-4 Phantom to take out the Gleipnir

ALL YOU FUCKERS WISH YOU FLEW THE VIPER: Use the F-16 OR F-2A to defeat the squadron of Fenrirs

MAKING TANKS DISAPPEAR SINCE 1976: Complete either Davis Unit mission on HARD difficulty using the A-10

LOOK OUT BELOW: During either Mission 4A or Mission 4B, drop a UGB from a minimum of 1000 feet on to a target

I’M BAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAACCCCCKKK!: Using the F/A-18, defeat the Gleipnir on HARD difficulty

WE WERE…INVERTED: Using the F-14, shoot down all of Skylla unit while upside down

ONE TANK BATTALION, EXTRA CRISPY: Using the F-4’s napalm ONLY, defeat Miller unit on HARD difficulty (you may use missiles to take down aerial targets as normal)

EDIT: You want more? YOU GOT IT!

THE NEED FOR SPEED: Using the F-14, maintain a minimum airspeed of 2500 mph during any mission (excluding the first mission)

I DON’T MEAN TO INTRUDE: Using the A-6, complete any mission where air-to-air combat is the primary objective (excluding the first mission)

THAT WAS A CLOSE ONE: Use the F-22 to clear the first mission on ACE difficulty

THE GRISWALL AIR SHOW IS SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEK, DUMBASS: Fly through the gap of Gaiuss Tower during any version of mission 12 using either the Apalis, the XFA-27, or the F-22

HereticMIND fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 6, 2021

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

can crow truly be free until killzone is done?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
have i got some good news for you! as of last night we've finished recording commentary for all Killzone Shadow Fall vids. And only 3 more remain for Mercenary. soon we shall ALL be free!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have you got the kool aid ready?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Blindsided Sally posted:

have i got some good news for you! as of last night we've finished recording commentary for all Killzone Shadow Fall vids. And only 3 more remain for Mercenary. soon we shall ALL be free!

hmmm in light of this information I'd like to revise my question:

can crow truly be free until killzone is done AND all the videos have been posted?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HereticMIND posted:

Hmmm…I think I got a few…(all challenges are on NORMAL difficulty or higher; don’t worry about trying to spawn star units or aces)

NO PLANS TO RETIRE: Use the F-4 Phantom to take out the Gleipnir

ALL YOU FUCKERS WISH YOU FLEW THE VIPER: Use the F-16 OR F-2A to defeat the squadron of Fenrirs

MAKING TANKS DISAPPEAR SINCE 1976: Complete either Davis Unit mission on HARD difficulty using the A-10

LOOK OUT BELOW: During either Mission 4A or Mission 4B, drop a UGB from a minimum of 1000 feet on to a target

I’M BAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAACCCCCKKK!: Using the F/A-18, defeat the Gleipnir on HARD difficulty

WE WERE…INVERTED: Using the F-14, shoot down all of Skylla unit while upside down

ONE TANK BATTALION, EXTRA CRISPY: Using the F-4’s napalm ONLY, defeat Miller unit on HARD difficulty (you may use missiles to take down aerial targets as normal)

EDIT: You want more? YOU GOT IT!

THE NEED FOR SPEED: Using the F-14, maintain a minimum airspeed of 2500 mph during any mission (excluding the first mission)

I DON’T MEAN TO INTRUDE: Using the A-6, complete any mission where air-to-air combat is the primary objective (excluding the first mission)

THAT WAS A CLOSE ONE: Use the F-22 to clear the first mission on ACE difficulty

THE GRISWALL AIR SHOW IS SCHEDULED FOR NEXT WEEK, DUMBASS: Fly through the gap of Gaiuss Tower during any version of mission 12 using either the Apalis, the XFA-27, or the F-22

I am not doing any of these, but thank you for your enthusiasm though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can you use dumb bombs on the skywhale?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

goatface posted:

Can you use dumb bombs on the skywhale?

Yes.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I am not doing any of these, but thank you for your enthusiasm though.

:smith: Ok.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'll probably do a couple of them, I mean, but not the flat out "replay this entire mission with this insane set of parameters" ones.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I'll amend this to just explain that when it comes to requests that flat out ask me to just re-run an entire mission with silly parameter x or y attached to it, I'd prefer if those kinds of requests went the way of the dodo, purely for the reasons of 1) they bloat the bonus compilation videos and throw off the pacing of things, 2) it belabors the point of the entire LP going one mission at a time to just show the same mission again in its entirety, and 3) they're generally not at all fun to record and end up causing these videos to take longer and longer to produce.

So try to limit it to just short and snazzy things, or little curios that you might want to see tried out or some element of the game you think we haven't seen so far that might be worth showing off.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

My mistake, then. I must’ve misread your initial post.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Are there anime paint jobs for the planes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Employ emulator hackery and land a plane upside down.