Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I should have thought this poll through better
Crimes?
Crimes!
[pounds table]
CRIMES! CRIMES! CRIMES!
shoot visari
View Results

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I vote Last Line of Defense (4A)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

4B seems more immediately useful.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

nine-gear crow posted:

Joint Assault is only going to happen if some generous soul steps up and does it of their own accord like how Lunethex and frozentreasure took a swing at both versions of Electrosphere for me, or Blastinus doing Ace Combat Advance, or ACES CURE PLANES recording Infinity for me, or how Ashsaber just finished up Skies of Incursion.

Up next for me is Ace Combat 7 and then I'm finally, finally done.

What happened to Assault Horizon? I though I heard a passing mention of that in I think it was the most recent video.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Dr. Snark posted:

Crow's made it preeeeetty clear he's not doing that one himself last I recall. Floor's always open for suffering.

I remember seeing a couple people all volunteer for it so I was just curious if they'd all failed/fallen through.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

nine-gear crow posted:

NobleSixFour’s LP of Assault Horizon fell through after he posted the first update and then disappeared from the internet completely. Like I messaged him on Discord about once a month after he stopped updating and posting here and he never replied to me and has been offline for going on two years now, so I legit don’t even know if he’s even still alive at this point. So that one’s toast.

The other person who volunteered to do* Assault Horizon for me, Makrond, is still around and came through with an entire game’s worth of footage. I’ve got most of it commented on but it’s just a matter of getting it all edited and ready to post. It’s just that Assault Horizon is such a miserable slog in general that I lose my inspiration to work on it really easily.

I’ll probably have the thread for it up once I’ve got the majority of my work on X done and use it as a buffer to get ready for 7.

Got it. I actually lurked my way through most of AC6 (having been lured here by the probabations) so I remembered Makrond’s offer if not their name. But having made a passing joke at Dr Snark’s expense in the CMANO LP thread I realized I actually was fully equipped to do the entire thing editing included if nobody else had managed to do it, so I figured I’d volunteer if that was the case. Plus I still have a soft spot for it since as a PC-only guy it’s not like there were many other choices. Glad to hear it’s getting done either way.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

For what it’s worth I found it enormously easier on keyboard and mouse vs joystick or controller*. But I also played AC7 that way so I may be insane. AC7’s keybinds are way better though and I recommend you replace ACAH’s with those (unfortunately it won’t let you bind wheel scroll to use that for weapon select).

*You may want a controller for the helicopter segments because those controls are just fully bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I mean, I did it on KB+M too. I just didn’t like how it handled. Plus binding helicopter special weapon to RMB straight up didn’t work, clicking the button did nothing.

Or maybe I’m just too used to DCS helicopters now.