Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I should have thought this poll through better
Crimes?
Crimes!
[pounds table]
CRIMES! CRIMES! CRIMES!
shoot visari
View Results

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

It certainly looks like a duck, and kinda quacks like a duck. But it is really a duck?

Also feels like I should finish AC7 before long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Hooray Viggen. :neckbeard:
That marks of at least all the major SAAB jets at least. Maybe some day we'll see Lansen and Tunnan in game but I highly doubt it.

Never did see the last season of PoI, my interest just kinda ran into the sand after the third one. Might get around to watching it at some point again. Also I hated season 2 Root with a passion.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

Fwiw, Root becomes the best part of the show once she gets over her whole “The Machine chose me, I’m special and I worship it like it’s god” thing.

Yeah I got to the third season and she was less annoying. Somewhat.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'm not seeing much of anything. Why did you post a picture of an empty hangar?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

This is the Naiad! FIRE THE SHOCK CANNON!

Oh wow, that was pretty impressive overall. Just a shame that weary Genette's voice acting is such a dreary drone compared to the rest.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

This is the Naiad!

nine-gear crow posted:

He really does sell Genette as being a tired old man now compared to young Genette seen in AC5. Shame they couldn't get Matt Mercer back to voice him on PSP Money though.

I was mostly referring to his reading comes off as really flat. At least compared to the massive inflection you can hear in the Naiad and Glepinir captains. To me it comes off as the voice actor just reading directly off the script in the most bored out way possible.
It works a bit but a lot of the time it comes off as weak.

Also that is a massive dick move by Xi.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

There was a point I was tempted to do it but I never really managed to finish the game during the huge storm fight because I kept losing orientation so often I ended up cratering.
I might give the game another go after beating AC7 and see how well it handles flying with the mouse as I think using my joystick for that game was a bit of a mistake.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

You say that but I found them just fine with a mouse and keyboard back when I played the game.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

This is the Naiad, we're still alive!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

This is the Naiad, we'll be back before you know it!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Go with A to save yourself from a lot of extra work just so you can get the thing over with.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

But it must be done on Mercenary difficulty. :getin:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I think all of my game overs in PW was from crashing into things than actually being shot down.
Although I was very close do it during one of the Aces fights. Think I finished with 20 hp or something in the end.

But that was also before I judiciously spammed flares. Something I really missed when I played through two of the AC7 DLC missions.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

This is the Naiad! Appreciate what was done with the intro. :golfclap:

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 17, 2021

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

There is some irony to the fact that the genre that plays the worst on a console had its roots there. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'll admit I've considered redoing the HAWK LPs. Mostly because my soundtrack choices doesn't really work, and it's subtitled, and some of my commentary is honestly... pretty bad.
Not to mention the Halo ones considering 3 is available for PC now, but I feel others have that handled nowadays.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Psion posted:

but then you'd have to replay HAWX

so long as you keep the Crenshaw Counter (tm) though...

Well obviously I'd do that. Wouldn't be the same without it.

Although the bigger issue is that I can't reinstall the first game since I don't have a DVD drive anymore and it's actually not on uplay.

And the downside I'd have to suffer through the game's actual soundtrack, which was not great. On both accounts.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'll give you a 6/10 for that manic laughter.

Also there's a lot of bleeping in this video I realize. :v:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Sounds wise.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

This is the Naiad, we have returned!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

It's the Viggen and not the Gripen for the JA37. :mad:

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Despite the repeated dunking/whining of the 35 I've honestly warmed up to it by now. It's like 22 but... cuter in a way.
Well except the C B version, because lol marine snowflakes.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 14, 2021

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

goatface posted:

The C is the regular carrier version. Which is fine, if you like that sort of thing.

Oh yeah. I honestly forgot that.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Funny enough, HAWK 1 had both the A-12 and SR-71 playable. It had a lot of weird plane choices. Most of which weren't really weren't all that good. Hell, it even had the naval A-12 bomber project that never happened as a flyable plane.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Toast!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Just realized the star CH-47 has an RAF colour scheme.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Now that I missed completely.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'm honestly surprised to see 39's this late into the game as they're usually a mid-tier plane. Even if the bad guys. The 1.44 made a lot more sense in that case.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Well you've jinxed us now, that's for sure.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah, I'm not sold on the Fenrir either. It has too much of everything going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

01010111 01101111 01101111 01100110