Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I should have thought this poll through better
Crimes?
Crimes!
[pounds table]
CRIMES! CRIMES! CRIMES!
shoot visari
View Results

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I like the back and forth X's mission tree gives its story. The conflicts in (most of?) the other Ace Combat games feel really one-sided, here it feels a lot more like the baddies are putting up a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
That too! It's been fifteen years and it feels downright criminal none of the other Ace Combats have used this idea.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

So that's what happened to Ever Given.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
8 Angels? That's a lot of dancing.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
In re: timeline chat, Strangereal’s has massive conventional wars between major powers break out every couple years, and although they’re usually short, it looks like a pretty appalling scale of casualties and destruction more often than not. I’m not sure their 2020 is significantly better than ours.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Hot take: the prequel game should’ve had you play as a Leasath ace.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Ace Combat X really hates container ships, huh

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
RIP, international shipping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
A bit tangential, but this essay might be relevant to the thread's interest